Where is the 650 forum? (TR650 in the house...)

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Motosportz, Oct 2, 2012.

1. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I meant the skid plate would give the jack something to hold onto. The cheap jack I bought is really wide and one side would touch the rounded part of the frame where it couldn't grab onto. Sorry, was thinking out loud lol
  2. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Ahhhhaha, it's all good, I was throwing shit out there, just to do so.....
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    looks like the TR650 is getting some quick exposure...

[IMG]
    bigjon likes this.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    January? That's to far away lol.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats alright I already told you all about the bike. If you need to know anything else just ask. Take that mags
  6. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Do these have a place for swing arm spools, so you can use a track stand?
    I have become very fond of using one of them for simple chain maintenance and upright parking in the garage.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I doubt there is yet but I'm sure there will be some since they have the strada too. They are really nice and offer bike protection too.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    You did a great job and they should have just copied your report to get it in the mags first. I want to read everything I can because I don't own one and need to live through everyone else lol.

I can't wait until the forum fills up with owners. Really interested to see what everyone does with them. I would really like to see real pictures of strada a too.
  9. Mike_B Husqvarna
    A Class

Kelly, whoever did that welding on the bashplate is worth every bit of their pay if not more. Small rant please bare with me: I'm sick of premium priced goods with crappy welds. The appearance doesn't give to quality (strength) but is shows craftsmanship- rant off. You have quite a craftsman as a weldor! You have put out (from seeing on here) quality parts & to me this tops it all off. Knowing you have some dedicated craftsmen or women working for you shows either they love the Husky & the sport of riding too, or you have garnered serious leadership in your business from your passion. I appluad you & look forward to having a TR 650 with Motosportz parts adorning it. I would agree with you about the mags & would rather ask questions here where advertising dollars don't sway opinions. I wonder how the sales have been versus the projected sales. I'm currently waiting to go back to work but plan to buy a bike after that. So I have a little time for you to have several different farkles designed, tested, & in production.
    Lonfish likes this.
  10. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    My other bikes have had the spool threads built into or welded onto the swing arm.
    I cant tell if they have this provision on these bikes, but it sure would be nice.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. The welder I searched out and use just came from 8 years building Nascar cars and had his stuff inspected regularly and is certified for everything. Looked long and hard for the right guy and he is it. Not cheap to thing right but this skid plate, because it is a heavy bike and no under frame and an oil line right int he worse place demanded a very robust skid plate. We took a different approach (Billet skid plate) and it is going to end in a somewhat expensive product but top notch fit, performance and protection this bike needs.

We are building a entire group of parts for this bike in similar, "only the best" fashion for this beast. Even though it is a "budget bike" I feel it is far more than that and think people will take it to amazing places. We want to be part of that.

I have not really spoke about this but Motosportz is kinda changing it's business plan. We tried to offer everything to husky enthusiasts and that was OK. What I found out ios I personally spent what to much time on small parts like air filters and spark plugs and got away from why I started this biz and that is to design and build cool stuff for Huskys. So... Motosportz Mike is going to take over the small parts side so i can fully concentrate on CAD design, CNC parts and items we manufacture in house. This should result ion more quality products like this skid plate. Back to basics.

Thanks for the response and kind words. Take care.

Kelly
    Ruffus, MattR and Lonfish like this.
  12. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Here are a few pics of the gauges, the under seat, open fuel cap. You can see the feeder tube to the underseat tank going off to the left of the bike. The seat latch to open is a key under tail light. Rode the bike in today so any other pics let me know. Note that it does have fuses and is not canbus as I was originally told....

Attached Files:

patobravo, starrblade and mario33 like this.
  13. Mike_B Husqvarna
    A Class

Kelly, your doing the right thing there. Honestly I think you were the first to buy one of these bikes & I don't believe you.bought it seeking the platform to be in house for fitment of money making parts production. Without the word you wrote down on this site about you first impressions & adding to it with subsequent mileage, I would probably keep on the search for the holy grail. This bike isn't the best of both worlds, but is a majority winner in a real world class of daily/adventure riding. Not to mention it's at a price point that allows some to still afford something in the TE line that will get you between trails & get down right dirty & grunty once your on them. That's the way I see it. Good on your for your grass root re-approach to your business. You can't be a total one stop Husky aftermarket shop; too many years, too many parts, & way to many people in need for you to still have a life. Enjoy life, ride, & design the things you find as a rider to be necessary for these bikes. Design engineers don't stop designing until you knock the pencil out of their hand. That's when products go to a mach up phase, then possibly production. If we as customers are lucky we have a product delivered to us we can accept as "almost whole"; that's where business like your comes in. I can appreciate what you do a little more because you look at it as a "what it needs" for functionality & a bit of bling to round it out. I too weld, never considered myself a weldor but I can get a job by wearing the hood & taking the tests given. I can hang with the best of them in my field but I'm not tryng to prove anything anymore. I'm a craftsman first & make the production second; that way we don't have to back up.I would like to when I'm done. How many miles are on the bike now, Kelly?

I'm done
    Lonfish likes this.
  14. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Thanks, Toyboy. Much appreciated. Strange battery setup or maybe at least strange for someone BMWish like myself. Just one more close up please - on pipes coming out of engine and to cans... Looking for a way to reposition and maybe instal one can :) I've read somewhere that someone is already working on it. Saving weight would be my priority here as well as improving suspension.

Thats a huge relief !!! I hate canbuses... Got stuck in Hungary for F800GS canbus blocking engine start after immobilizer failure.
  15. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050

Funny my first thought was: Great, they actually put the battery in the right place.
    Under the seat where you can easily get to it without dismantling 1/2 the bike.....Unlike BMW.
    And I can get to both terminals without having to remove it.

Hey Toyboy,

Can you show me where the oil dipstick is?

Thanks
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Upper right side of the frame near the steer tube. Uses the frame for oil tank.
  17. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Whew... I HATE CANTBUS...
  18. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    So when is Motosportz Kelly going to get out the power tools and remove the right side exhaust can? :D
    mario33 likes this.
  19. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    All i can say that the more i look at the bike and the more i read the specs -- i am sure it will look good amongst my other 5 Huskies and Aprilla Dorsodura :) Fuel has gone sky high here in SA and to have something like the 650 with the added ponies would work just fine in today's times -- They will only be arriving in end November here is SA the other 650 is landing at the port next week --But i want the Tera
  20. BigDog Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM950--KLR--Yamaha WR250R---KTM 450
    Luggage..............
    Sometimes I feel like a rolling Wolfman advertisement---------I am a huge fan of their stuff.
    I was talking to them yesterday and wanted to put a but in their ear.
    I told them this bike was going to be a big seller and they better get on the band wagon and get some brackets made
    for this bike to git their expedition line of waterproof bags to fit this bike.
    They are already aware of this need and need a bike.
    Unless something weird happens I will pick mine up today.

Frank at wolfman wanted me to bring my bike to Colorado so they could get started in this right away.
    That's not going to be possible-------but if someone could get a bike to them they will get started on it-----it will get you a free set of brackets and luggage.

For those not familiar with what I'm talking------here is what they look like on my WR250R. They are awesome---Mine have about 30,000 miles on them and have
    been from Mexico to Prudhoe Bay--------and back. Look like heck---but are as functionally are as good as new.

[IMG]