What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in '610/630' started by feef, Aug 26, 2013.

1. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    My mums Harley Davidson 883. Lol
    Stripped apart my carb again to get the numbers off my Venturi needle so I could order a new one. And contemplated setting my tappets but thought if save that for another day.

Attached Files:

2. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I put retro-reflective shroud graphics on.

[IMG]

And when lights hit it...
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Motosportz and MrBob like this.
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

I need some of those in black. Ghost graphics :D
    I know 3M makes a black retro-tape.

My factory red stripes are fading from the sun.
    JonXX likes this.
  4. feef Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 Rally spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 640 Adventure, FJR1300, BSA M20,
    It's alive!

after the VERY crashy race last weekend, the bike is finally back in one piece and running again.

Today I connected up the new rad, replaced the broken Cycra hand guards with some Acerbis items I had. I fitted the new right hand foot-rest hanger (which came off a TE610) and put a stock peg on until my new ones arrive (I'm pissed at that, I did have shexy Ti ones until last weekend, and can't afford to replace with the same). I also fitted the brake pedal tip from my KTM 640 Adventure, which fits nicely.

I have, on order, new pegs, brake lever tip and Cycra guards, so some or all might be getting swapped around as parts arrive, but a least it's back in one piece.

I've also fitted a new fusebox and relocated it to the back of the roadbook holder bracket, where it's more secure and out of the way. Running the diagnostics on the bike, the MAQS/TPS seems to be fine, and the only fault in the log was a high water temp. This all fits with my diagnosis at the time, and the new fuse box has fixed the dodgy connections and whatnot that came with the existing wiring. In the process, I've removed the roadbook holder itself, and the Garmin mount, to make a bit more space (the Acerbis guards foul the Garmin mount, the Cycra don't) and save a bit of weight off the front.

Going to take hew for a ride tomorrow and see how she goes.
  5. feef Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 Rally spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    I removed what's left of the roller-wheel in the chain guide....

[IMG]

and fitted my TM Designworks guide instead...

[IMG]
    JonXX likes this.
  6. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    I picked up Barkbuster handguards from the post office yesterday and installed the handguards later in the evening.
    Installation was not difficult, but took me about an hour to finish the job, cause one of the guards lower clamps fell into the the bike right into the area behind the radiator ... took me a while to extract it :banghead:
    I'll post a picture later.:)
    feef likes this.
  7. feef Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 Rally spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've been doing handguards too. The right hand Cycra Series One guard was badly bent and snapped the bar-end bolt in my crash at the last race. Unfortunately, I can't easily get the new alloy parts here, at least not necessarily in time for my next race, so I took the Acerbis guards off the spare bike and used them. However, I don't like the Acerbis bar clamp, as it has a notch cut out to allow the brake line to pass through. In my mind, this could be a significant problem if you have an off that's got enough force to rotate the clamp around the bar as it'll rip the brake line off the master cylinder.

So I used the Cycra bar end mounts (moves the guard inboard by about 5mm) and bar clamps, which allow much more freedom around the brake lines and cables. it did mean bending/stretching the Acerbis guard a little to make it long enough to reach far enough inboard, but it fits. I also removed the Acerbis plastics and put my battered old Cycra ones on, as the Acerbis ones are longer and were fouling the sat-nav. With the Cycra ones on, I've got more space around the nav tower.

Also, I fitted the TM Designworks chain guide and some new Apico foot-pegs. The foot pegs required a lug to be ground off the hanger bracket on the right hand side to allow to hinge/rotate properly. Getting the torsion spring compressed enough to slot the peg in was a nightmare!

It's ready to go again. Next race is the 12/13 October
  8. MrBob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    JonXX,

Where did you source those decals? That's basically the design I want to run on my 610.
  9. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    Got myself a hydro clutch conversion from George at Uptite. Put 'er on and determined that I had to open up the clutch to adjust the push rod length so the new lever would have enough throw. Lo and behold, once I got in there I found that a former owner (I'm the 3rd) had put in a Surflex slipper, but had messed up the whole pushrod arrangement which didn't allow the slipper to work well if at all. After a bunch of measuring, I fired up my lathe made a part that allowed me to use the stock throwout bearing and rod adjuster. Now I got a slipper clutch that works, a much lighter lever pull, the clutch drag I just thought I had to live with is gone and that ever elusive neutral is easier than ever to get! Yeehaw!
    feef, DYNOBOB and Motosportz like this.
  10. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I bought the shroud graphics for an '08 (my bike is an '07 and only says Husqvarna across the top without the gunsight) and took them to a local print shop that specializes in vehicle graphics and told him how I wanted them to turn out.
    KLOC likes this.
  11. feef Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 Rally spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    New Apico alloy/steel foot-pegs and a new brake lever with a modified tip to accept a nice folding tip.

After the race at the weekend, I've started stripping it down ready for a rebuild over the winter. First thing I'm doing it removing all extraneous wiring and minimising what's there.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Today I gave my bikes a hug and told them how much I missed playing with them.:o
    feef and JonXX like this.
  13. Pinepig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 610sm

Same, only one more day, going riding as soon as I get home from the docs.

[IMG]
    Dirtdame likes this.
  14. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Ready for insurance! Installed rad braces/guards, changed oil, flushed brake fluid, checked all bolt torques and new air filter.
    Now if only I can get the snow to release the dirt!
  15. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Hmmm for that main reason I made these for my two 610 TE's and some friends who wanted in Structural Carbon Fiber[/ATTACH] DSCN1886.JPG
    BadMotoWeazal likes this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  17. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sat looking out the window for the postman. No flywheel today :-(
  18. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  19. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  20. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Fitted new flywheel and pick up coil. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg