Wanted Husqvarna LT610E Acerbis 17 Litre petrol tank for my TE610E :

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by Glenn_G, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG]

The numbers are the same except the "year." The clear one is noticeably larger.

Clear/larger tank.
    [IMG]

The white/smaller tank.
    [IMG]
    scudster likes this.
  2. scudster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1090 Adventure R, DT250, CBR900
    Thanks Huskyfatman. Same part number, different volume. Interesting.
    Comparing the moulding imprints both your clear tank and my tank are from the same dies (92 date stamp error) while your other tank is from a later die. That die must have been modified or made differently to the other one for some reason.
  3. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree, the older version appears higher quality, with sharper contours, plus the cobby-looking newer one seems to have had a few additional indentations for clearance I suspect. These are OEM tanks, and are much thicker, heavier and more durable than your typical aftermarket tank from IMS, Clarke, or even Acerbis in my experience.

I was told by an old desert racer who spent a few years campaigning 610's back in the early 90's that these tanks were made of a tougher nylon, rather than the typical plastic. He claimed that's why they could be painted and were emissions legal since fumes didn't leach through the material, much like the plastic tanks on modern street bikes.
    scudster likes this.
  4. scudster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    The tank certainly is sturdy. There isn't much protection if you fall on to something sharp so it needs to be tough.
  5. scudster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    Came across another hens tooth. It’s a later tank from ‘99 and it’s a 17 litre tank with clearance for the radiator fan. I haven’t tried fit it yet to confirm but comparing photos there seems to be an indent to allow it.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Huskyfatman likes this.