1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

want to buy my first enduro bike...

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MotAd, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Don't put words in my mouth :naughty: Just means it has no light. I own a 13 so advice on a 12 should come from others. I believe you can do some light tuning with iBeat software as you will have Mikuni as opposed to Keihin on the '13/'14.
  2. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    ok cool. i'm sure the 310 with the injector + edu mod done should be fine for me for a long while yet. so long as know that the FI being lit or flashing isn't a good thing, that'll stand me in good stead for checking this bike out at the weekend :thumbsup:
  3. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Thats an awesome photo.

That bike in the photo (yours?) Looks like the same as the ones ive seen also without the key. Is the fuel cap hose aftermarket?
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Thanks... It is my bike and a frame from a go pro video a couple of weeks ago. The vent hose is aftermarket.
  5. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Hmmmm I don't seem to be having a lot of luck so far. About 5 minutes before I left to go and test ride and very likely buy this te310 I get a phone call letting me know they've sold it! Despite them supposed to be holding it for me. Was not very happy to say the least. So back to searching again.

I have however learnt some valuable lessons about motorcycle dealerships, they really are as bad as everyone says!
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    The only way they will hold anything is if they get to hold some of your money for a deposit.
  7. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    true. although my family have/had a good relationship with these guys so i thought their word was bond. also i had already found myself in a situation where i'd put a deposit down on a bike without seeing it and it's not good.

the dawning realisation with all this is there is no such thing as a 'relationship' with dealers, not around my way anyway!
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

The black heads seem to be more reliable. Both great machines.
    Boogie likes this.
  9. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    did the 310R need the starter gear replacing like the 2012 310s?
  10. Tcops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Sounds like you're having some fun and games, best of luck with the search. Unfortunately dirt bikes usually have quite a hard life and finding a "perfect" one can take some searching. At least the original dealer gave you a refund.
  11. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    cheers dude. there's a 2007 te450 up for grabs at the mo for half the price of the 310r. thinking it might be a better option...
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Those motors are almost bullet proof.
  13. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    yeah i've kinda read that. was worried the 450 will be too much at the beginning but fear = fun :banana:
  14. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510 - SMS 125 - TE 250 - TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    good choice ! I got myself a 2007 TE 250 for €1400 with all the gear , I am sure you will be pretty happy with the 450. I had not really been on a dirt bike since my 1987 Suzuki 125 RM back in the days and I must say these italian husqvarnas are great ( I am less impressed with my 510 smr because it is too high imo , and the power is just ok ... )

please post pics when you got it
    MotAd likes this.
  15. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    will do. €1400 is a great price!
  16. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    It is indeed. Previous owners kinda torture-tested the bike, but I knew there was a pretty little thing behind the scars and the bumps...now I take good care of her, and she gives it back to me

I don't know how is the market for dirt bikes in England, I lost contact with my friend in Leicestershire a while ago, but here in France, with maybe more offers, there are opportunities to find a few interesting bikes. Just to give you a ballpark:

http://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/867327850.htm?ca=8_s
  17. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    yeah that's about the same price i'd pay on this 07. there's quite a lot of bikes around but they are usually a long way (100 miles +) from where i live. so getting to them and checking them out can be an annoying procedure.

i've been searching for a ktm excf 350, wr250 and a husky 310 but can't find any local. the one 310 i found (which was perfect) got sold the day before i was going down to test ride, and probably buy it.

this 450 should be perfect though, strong enough to take a beating, beaten up enough to not care about damaging it more and enough HP to scare me and have some fun. will do the winter on it and if i get the bug i may go to a newer FE350 or hunt out a EXCF 350 next year.

the trouble with enduro bikes over here is there's a not very honest 2nd hand market for them. finding a good bike can be a long process unless you're super lucky.
  18. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    This is getting silly now. The 450 has been sold, 1 day before I was due to go see it! What is it with f'ing enduro bikes!?
  19. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    You have to be quick, it looks like fall is the best moment in the year for enduro bikes b/s/t
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Money talks...