1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

want to buy my first enduro bike...

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MotAd, Oct 2, 2015.

1. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    hey huskies. been a while since i last posted. still got the sm610 and i want to add an enduro bike to my garage. thinking of getting a te250 with the BMW engine. does anyone have any advice they could share? i.e. things to look out for, service schedule, any weaknesses/strengths and an alternative if necessary.

it'll be the first time i've ridden off-road so def don't need much hp but want the bike to see me right for a few years.

cheers chaps
    ad
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The TE250 does not have a BMW engine.

It is either Italian or the new KTM 2 stroke.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    There is a TE 250 four stroke from mid 2000's-2014. The years of BMW ownership brought about the R model in late 12 to the end of Italian production. While the 310 was more popular the 250 seems to be nice.
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    It will be interesting to see what you can find locally. Big changes @ 2009-10 depending on the model, FI, digital ignition, forks, frame....
    :cheers:
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    www.husqvarnafactory.nl for service/owners manuals. If you find a te250/310 I'd look for one that already has the upgraded injector/ecu. Other then that, good luck. 310 isn't a ton more power but gives it that extra that most feel a 250 lacks. Probably much easier to find a 310. I can't even tell you things to look for, it's really like any other bike so look it over as usual
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It's all how you look at it Rich... Some people consider any X-Lite engine a BMW, because BMW owned Husky when they finally were introduced, even though they were designed during Italian ownership (by a Japanese engineer).
    shrubitup likes this.
  7. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Buy a well sorted 13/14 310. All the setup info is known and on this forum. Just get one that has been properly sorted or a little used and undamaged model you can sort yourself. 3k plus all dirt miles on mine... No issues linger. Solid bike.
    MotAd and Norman Foley like this.
  8. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Thanks for your posts guys. It turned out to be a choice between an 08 te450 and a 10 te510. Both similar miles but the 08 was a little tidier and £500 cheaper so have gone for that. £2500 from husky sport so comes serviced and checked over with a 1 month warranty.

Have I made the right choice?? Could still switch to the 510 but from what they said they're almost identical bikes bar the cc...
  9. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    sooooo after reading LOADS about all the recent dirt huskies i've decide to go for a 2013 310R. seems to be the best idea and very much doubt i'll ever get near to using the power of the 450+. was a big increase in price but by all accounts should be worth it :thumbsup:
    Johnrg and La Flama Blanca like this.
  10. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    here she is. looking forward to getting muddy on sunday!

1529790x660x495_FFFFFF_E.jpg
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Looks barely used. Enjoy!
  12. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    The "red heads" on the xlite were designed by BMW's Ralf Kleid. So I guess they just made improvements to the Italian/Japanese design.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  13. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    turns out the bike wasn't hardly used, clutch didn't work and had a replacement speedo so am sending it back!

can anyone confirm if the 2013 te310r should have a key ignition? this one didn't and was just a push button starter than was non-OE...
  14. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    The 13 does not have a keyed ignition.

This is how a '13 looks. The instrument has a FI idiot light replacing the key. Starter looks like an add on but is stock.

canfield.JPG
    duggoey likes this.
  15. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Thanks mate
  16. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Lucky you can send it back. I own a 511, but like you said, there's more power there than I need. I would trade it for a 310 any day. Good luck finding something.
    MotAd likes this.
  17. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675

yeah that's how the one that turned up looked, apart from the speedo was a vapour one. shame the clutch was knackered otherwise i would've probably kept it. i bought the bike from a trader and here in the UK you are entitled to ask for a refund if a used vehicle is faulty/dangerous.

what is that FI light for exactly??
  18. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Gotta stop replying to my own posts!

Found a 2012 310 with the injector and ECU mod done plus also the starter gear replaced under the recall. Think this could be the one. Test riding Saturday morning and if all good I'll be out on the trails by lunchtime
  19. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    The light will pulse/flash or stay lit if there is erratic power to the fi or some other issue. The '12 with the changes done sounds like a contender.
  20. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Ok cool. So no light means it's all good?

Yeah the 2012 bike is £650 less, has 9 hours on it and is really clean. With the FI and starter gear sorted it sounds perfect. Also having a key ignition means I haven't got to worry about someone pinching my bike when I'm in the petrol station paying for fuel!

The extra edge the 2013 bikes have on the older ones probably won't matter much to me as I'm a newbie and will be mainly just green laning