Videos

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Theo, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Here is the best lap I’ve ever done in the Ottobiano track (in Italy) without the dirt section:

My lap time was 1:14, while professionals can do it in less than one minute (I timed one of them: 0:59, but there are faster riders) and the go-karts record is 0:53.1.

Here is a professional (the first corner at that time was different):

I haven’t a decent video with the dirt section; as soon as I record it, I’ll post it.

This is my fastest lap in Castelletto di Branduzzo (Italy):

My riding was gross: I made many mistakes; however, it was my fastest lap because in that lap I was very determined. The time was 2:13; the professionals record is 1:40.8.

Look at the on-board scene at 2:40 in this video: that’s how you should ride in the Sky Section:

In conclusion, my lap times suck, but I have a lot of fun and this is what matters indeed, in my opinion.
    Besides, I think that I can improve.
    I'd be glad to watch your videos, too!
  2. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Like you say, doesn't matter how fast you go as long as you have a smile on your face... which is hard not to on a motard!
    Theo likes this.
  3. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

stop by my channel, it will keep you busy for a while with all my husky videos over the years. From stunting to racing and everything in between
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rieguy187
    FreestyleSupermoto.com

SanLen, Theo, bax3 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Londin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449 MY11
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 and Hypermotard 1100
    Wicked track and really good video. Did you use a quadcopter for the air footage? Like the cambered corner and the first jump :applause:
  5. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

yeah quad copter for the aerial footage and the video does not do the elevation changes justice. Best track in the US hands down. here is some raw footage
    511SF and LandofMotards like this.
  6. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This was my first 449/511 platform bike. Owned three since, and lover them all.
  7. DErZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    511 SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R1 5VY
    Great stunting skills. Are you running a massive rear sprocket?
  8. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Although I'm super-slow, today I had tons of fun in the Ottobiano track with the new dirt section, which was opened two days ago:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIFmIWpUIdM
    Here you can see the proper way to do it!

EDIT: Here is another point of view:
  9. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    I don't race anymore ... but this is what we do on supermoto.

juicypips likes this.
  10. darealickt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SM510R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 WR300
  11. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    Dude, I am SOOOOO coming back to Maui one of these days to do some more riding. You guys have the freakin BEST roads I have ever ridden. Gotta get me some more of that.
  12. Carla Almeida Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husky SM 450
  13. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

14. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Found this vid the other day.
    Great work.
    What did you do for 'flameouts' on your bike.
    Stunting like that seems like the perfect place to bring them on.
  15. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL, I ran a quite restrictive exhaust I custom built and didn't touch anything else. When I bought that bike brand new I got one of the first ones and no one was whining about "flame outs" I just rode the wheels off the thing! It never failed me. I did however run a manual idle adjuster off an F4i to crank the idle up for no hander stunts, but that was on my later bikes. The video you posed above I just got the bike and was riding it in the middle of winter...... I've owned 5 of these bikes now and love them all. I don't stunt anymore only race and I still love the bikes. I run them for Ice, supermoto, and dirt.

Here is another one for you

And here is an ice video from this year
  16. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Hey R.Stephen, I've watched some of your videos on ice and snow: you and your mates lean as much as an average rider does on the asphalt!! I think that you dragged the footpegs!! :eek: How can you do that? I guess that you have (great skills and) studs on your tyres.
    I also noticed that you have additional mudguards close to the treads of the tyres, like the ones on this KTM:
    [IMG]
    What are they for? Do they prevent the ice from accumulating on the tyres?
  17. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I could talk about this for Hours but I won't dag it out. The tire technology is changing every year. I ride with one of the best tire makers around and we are constantly trying new designs. In the past few years stud technology and tire design has changed a lot. I've attached a few photos for you to wrap your head around. The traction we are getting on ice now is twice as good as I could ever dream of on pavement. We are draging a lot more than foot pegs. My limiting factor for lean angle now is handle bars and dragging the frame of the bike. I usually set my handle bar on my foot.
    dsc_3561ltrm.jpg dsc_3688ltrm.jpg
    Super5onic88, Theo and juicypips like this.
  18. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    That shot of you resting bars on your foot it batshit crazy awesome.
    Mad lean and on ice just gets better.
  19. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Amazing!
    Anyway, I've just found this thread: I'll read it and stop asking you things here, so we won't go offtopic anymore.
  20. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Here is my heart rate after a crash. (Both me and the 610 are ok).

Don't trust the monitor until the crash; it wasn't working properly. Maybe because it wasn't in front of me and because of the too many vibrations. When installed on the handlebar, it shown more than 170 bpm: 135 were impossible (besides, it stayed locked on 135 for minutes...).

IMO the cause of the crash was this: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/damaged-tyre.43492/

I'll try to find another solution to shoot the heart rate monitor while riding, since in that position it doesn't work.