1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Two Cr500's Help!

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by vintagemxr, Sep 4, 2018.

1. husqyhamm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Quite a few 83-86 500 2Ts and 4Ts
    Other Motorcycles:
    84 R80 GS Dakar; Victory 106.
    Aloha GaryM

Yes, bearing supplier found me better seals also with date of manufacture, last engine held 15psi which is the max i pressure test to. Now has 30hrs of riding on it.
    You have to watch if the max pressure seals will handle temperature as well as rotational shaft speed.
    Your fresh SKF sounds like a good deal.

Mossbarger unfortuanately has archaic website, call for service which is a schlep from Africa. I see their options and that they can cut petals in various thicknesses. I got my Mossbarger setups from huskydoggg, miss the dude.
    Also have V-Force, never used, have reservations about max flow at 7000rpm plus. Probably real nice bottom to upper mid.
    Boyesens i sold off to a buddy whom is real happy with results on his 250WR. I just had too much trouble with them on 500s, and the minute i back changed to stock it all came together.

Dyno sheets stuffed away in a storage box.
    From memory bone stock 84 500WR ran 47hp @ 6300.
    Best i tested was 53 hp on a blueprinted stock 500 @ 6700.
    the 127 engine ran for 21 minutes only, tore the topend down and stashed it for another day. Never dyno-ed that engine, but it went like hell.

Currently (time permitting) im testing and developing setup and lowered suspensions for flat tracking. When all this is done ill build the twinshock ABC Superbikers kinda machine for flat tracking, shortcourse asphalt and TT. Still have to decide on aircooled (which is simple and easy) or for a bomb of a liquid pumper which involves loads of extra development.

Cheers for now
    justintendo likes this.
  2. SA63 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 510, 500 auto , 86 510
    Is mossbarger supplying reeds for earlier than shown on their website? I'm wanting reeds for a 430, their website is only showing for 500s and on?? Thanks
  3. husqyhamm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Quite a few 83-86 500 2Ts and 4Ts
    Other Motorcycles:
    84 R80 GS Dakar; Victory 106.

They used to manufacture a whole setup for 360-430.
    Call their tech support.
    DC plastics also sell Mossbarger for older husky
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc

GaryM,
    I think Cycle World posted a dyno chart in their 82 430CR test.