Tweety Bird Exhaust Note

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Canyonwild, Jan 19, 2013.

1. BigJim Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley Nightster
    Depends where you go. Gifford Pinchot National Forest requires: All power saws and motor bikes are required to have an approved spark arrestor installed while operating on the national forest.
  2. chris1261 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada

the square ones do have cats in them. see this pic:[IMG]

Mine's got square holes in the back, vin ends in 3653. purchased in NJ.
  3. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Strada right? Yup thems the cats! WOW....they take up a lotta space! Seeing that you are the only pcv/at enabled/installed TR owner thus far (including the VP of sales at Dynojet!) I vote you gut those fuggers and see what kinda flow you can get! Sucks that we have yet to see an aftermarket intake option! I tried to open up the top of the air box when installing my PCV to see what all that space was needed for...but it involved a lot more work than I wanted to deal with at the time. I felt around inside the filter area and it seemed to be a bit restrictive. I wonder what a "pod" filter would gain us? Not practical for deep water crossings but interesting to see none the less.
    HuskyDude and chris1261 like this.
  4. durtkillon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Sherco X-Ride
    I know this is an old thread, but I did not all see this was definitely resolved. The chirping on my bike just escalated to the point that I had to address it. I pulled the spark arrestor out and lubed it with anti-sieze - no change. I then plugged the holes of the inner pipe by shoving surgical tubing around the perimeter of the inner pipe. GONE. The chirping is indeed a whistle as the gas flows by the holes in the inner pipe at just the right rate. Those holes are there to allow for removing the spark arrestor. I will need to find a more permanent solution obviously, but I thought I would share my discovery. 9FEFDDD9-8508-4076-995D-3837293582EA.jpeg BC3C9083-168F-412F-91BA-8DCA8585967D.jpeg
    sussurf likes this.