tuneing and parts

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by huskysmr449, Feb 25, 2014.

1. huskysmr449 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr449
    Hi guys i have an 011 smr449 and i know is has alot more potential that how it has know .
    I have been reading up on post but not 100% sure on how to do this.i have just order'd a fmf powercore 4 slip on but i want todo more my bike is stil restricted so i want a race mape2/jdtuner/high flow airbox and air filter .is that correct ,
    any help or in put would be greately appretiated cheers
  2. DErZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    511 SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R1 5VY
  3. huskysmr449 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr449
    Ok kool thanks for your help ill have a look at the link now
    cheers
  4. huskysmr449 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr449
    So i have put on my slip on fmf power core.sounds beautiful but runs like a dog needs a tune.but i was wondering would the power comander derestrict my bike or will i need another chip for that
  5. DErZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    511 SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R1 5VY
    Have you got race map 2 displayed on your dash? can you get a dealer to reflash your ecu with race map 3/Akra map? you can try those 2 before spending £300 on a pcv
  6. huskysmr449 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr449
    No the race map 2 is not shown.is that bcoz it is still restricted?
  7. DErZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    511 SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R1 5VY
  8. huskysmr449 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr449
    So i rang my dealer and ask for the derestriction plug for under the seat but they gave me this plug and bolt that looks like it is for the header exhaust i am a little confused on wat to do now can some 1 please explain 2014-03-25 17.37.35.jpg
  9. huskysmr449 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr449
    I put those parts in and it has stoped the smoke coming out of my muffle after stopping but still when ridding the bike is popping and the revs are all over the place and the dash says fail so i will ring my dealer and ask for the race map plugg for under the seat .i tryed explaining this last time but he then orderd a differant part does any 1 no the actual name of the part i am after and will this help with my problem i looked through other posts and it seems i may need to reset the system also
  10. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Install the jumper and try the tps reset. Pull fuse or disconnect battery for half an hour then see if it runs better. Get map 3 installed and the thing will rip.
  11. huskysmr449 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr449
    Ok thanks for ur help buddy ill give it a go
  12. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    I had my ECU ref lashed by Zipty and it made a HUGE difference. I also have an FMF. Those two mods completely changed the bike.