Trying To Get A Socal Ride Together

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Herb Zumberge, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    Best to Google the rental question by location. I know I see rental signs all over Ocotillo Wells, Red Rock for Bikes and Quads. Not sure on the prices.
  2. HuskyT Moderator

#1 Cahuilla Creek MX
    #2 Glen HElen MX
    #3 Milestone MX
    #4 Lake Elsinore MX park.... may get moved up in the rankings ... going on this Sunday A.M. 8:00 to 11:30 a.m to check the new trackout...

Haven't rode in four weeks so I'm past the shakes and shivers of withdrawl.... coming down off of the high... no wonder my wife says I'm stressed out lately...

T
  3. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    ya some of my friends go out to the track alot, i have never been, i feel like i wouldnt like it, i should try it out sometime.
  4. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    So im thinking of going riding at Soggy Dry Lake bed tomorrow, I will be there for sure on Monday with my dad and brother. Let me know if anyone wants to ride there
  5. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Sorry Herb,

Forgot to let you know, the gate was open and we did a ride to Toms Farms for a burger and back. 58 miles round trip, 9:30 to 1:00. If you are interested I might do it again next Sunday also.
    TT has some footage of KOM on the california forum posted by chainring.
  6. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Its no problem I ended up going to El Mirage OHV area it was REALLY REALLY windy. It first started raining and the it turned to hail and then for about a minute while we were on a higher part of east loop there were some snow flurries. It was pretty fun didn't like the $15 fee :thumbsdown:
  7. Bill_Walker Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    I live in Santa Ana as well and would like to get my Te310 out more - Have been with it for 3 days of single track in Kennedy Meadows, Santiago Canyon trails and Harding Jeep trails and Stoddard Valley are the locations i have been so far - Used to ride sport bikes allot and got into dirt bikes early last year but am definitely not a beginner rider :) I am itching to hit something this weekend and if nothing else up to Santiago through the fire roads and check out the view over OC
  8. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"

Unfortunately I am tied up this weekend. I am up for something during the week (except Wednesday) or I am shooting for a river trip, with bike, next weekend. I am not plated so it is strictly off road for me.
  9. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    im down to do whatever im plated but i only have my permit so no highways for me. haha but soon ill get my license but where do u have in mind?
  10. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    i can usually ride on mondays
  11. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I will keep that in mind.
  12. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    El merage is pretty fun have you guys been there?
  13. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    Not in about 38 years. I here Johnny Law is all over out there.
  14. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Johnny law?
  15. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    The off road police, BLM Officers and rangers looking to right tickets.
  16. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    ooooo ya i got a trespassing ticket up in wrightwood last month, sucked. what do they usually get you for?
  17. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    They never get me for anything up there, but typically they get people for expired registration, unregistered vehicles and out of season red stickers. Also for no spark arrestor, no helmet, riding double on vehicles not designed for passengers. And of course, for riding in areas that are not designated for motorized vehicles, and riding green or red stickered vehicles on trails and roads designated for licensed vehicles only.
  18. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    well im not worried about any of those things and my bike is street legal so im good,

I would really like to do more mountainy stuff but im sure its all snow covered:(
  19. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    Looks like some Thumpertalkers are going to Gorman this weekend. Last weekend for red sticker bikes there. If anyone interested, let me know.
  20. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Sunday May 20th will be riding some challenging trails in the Sequoias ! Black diamond trails; Rincoln, Cannell Meadow( the plung), rattlesnake trail...... I sometimes go alone if friends get to buisey to go.... I have road the most challenging trails to be had in the area and consider myself an advanced trail rider ... Thought I would invite whoever would like to go as long as there experienced because a five mile section can turn into 5 hrs and the more we stay moving the farther we go and see ! We can meet up in Kernville then drive to were we ride..... I ride a TE511 and recommend a low geared dualsport but not mandatory
    Desertyucca likes this.