Trying To Get A Socal Ride Together

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Herb Zumberge, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    hey guys i live in SoCal and i wana get a ride together, maybe lucerne valley, ocotillo wells, or if you have another great spot im down for where ever. i got a te449, expert ability looking for other good riders to go with. thanks Herb
  2. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    Hi Herb, Tomorrow a few of us are taking a ride from Landers (Giant Rock) to Johnson Valley go watch the King of the Hammer Race. The 25th there is a dual sport Ride in Anza. I am not Expert however I do make a good effort to keep up!
  3. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    I wish i could tomarrow but i work from 11am to 7pm. but im going riding on monday in johnson valley, if u want to go 2 days in a row haha
  4. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Herb
    Have a good ride today! I have to work today. Few of us rode out to the Lake bottom checked out the Kings of Hammers. Lots Money rolling around that place!
    Nothing like a good exerciser, 30 miles of trails with nothing but Whoops, sand and rocks!
  5. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Hey, Herb, I suggest you start reading
    Code:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353183
    Desertyucca likes this.
  6. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Herb
    Not an expert but I ride just fine like the group I am with, nobody gets left behind. We get out about 2 or 4 times a month and do at least 50 to 100 + miles. i am on lock down for the next two weeks. We will be out again the end of the month. PM is the best way to join in as I am not on the CH a bunch but it links to the email. I am in the OC.
  7. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    I ended up not going today because my friends bailed on me, w/e. Ya i wish i could have made it to see the KOH races, i didnt know they were going on and i told my co worker i could cover work for him... i think im going riding in lucerne this sunday if any of you are interested in going
  8. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    Hey Herb, I live in Santa Ana and am always looking for someone to ride with. I am far from an expert but have been riding for quite awhile. I can also usually work it out to go during the weekdays. This weekend I will be at my happy place that is on the river just north of Blythe and south of Parker.
  9. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    where do you guys like to ride down here in socal
  10. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
  11. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
  12. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi Herb, I have a small House :D in the desert @ the far South end of Johnson Valley near Yucca Valley. Dual Sports friends are always welcome to stop by.
    I personally Try and Ride about every other weekend. This weekend I was thinking of a trip to Big Bear, have some lunch, top off the Gas and return. SNOW Fall Levels "TBD" could have just changed those Plans! Lucerne is good. Last NNH I passed some dual sport Riders and someone was on a 2012 bike. Cannot miss the new graphics! I have been looking at a trail's north of Flamingo Heights (NONE OHV- Lic only) that runs into the Big Bear OHV trail Routes. We like Ocotillo Wells. Might try the routes over @ superstition mt next trip. http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/elcentro/recreation/ohvs/superstition.html Camp @ Ocotillio and ride from there.

You might already be aware sorry If i am echo....
    Many Forums, different Webs sites promoting organized and none organized rides. To many for me to surf! As you will read, The BLM and California LAWS make it harder and harder to organize events. Now it appears to be posted as a FYI such and such have trip planed to...... you can get GPS @ ....... or roll charts, Welcome to stop by!

I will be trying to support the District 37 events http://www.district37ama.org/dualsport/ this year. We spent the last 3 years racing GP with the boys and the boys are off to collage now! :banana:

Let me know if you out in the desert sometime.
  13. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    i didnt see anything about KOH
  14. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    ya im probably going to be in lucerne this sunday or monday, i was thinking of camping there overnight, but idk. i love ocotillo too, my only prob with big bear is that i have my permit only... i still havent takin the behind the wheel, need to get that done. do u know if a license is required?
  15. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    If you park and stage from the Pinnacles OHV area, there are a lot of good trails in that area for green sticker vehicles.
  16. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Have personally not made it to the Lake Arrowhead side. Someday soon. Hit most of the trails east of Big Bear to HWY18. I have been told the west side of Big bear to Silver wood is Great.
    http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_12424/ride_1c47.htm
    My Wife has her learners permit. I believe You can ride all roads. Permit excludes interstate, passengers and after dark. Most Forest areas you will need a Forest Adventures pass if you stage, camp or stop or have lunch in the forest trails only. If you are just passing none stop or on main hwy no pass needed. You can Stage in Johnson and travel from there as well. Snow doesn't look to deep. Check some cameras tomorrow.
  17. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    are red stickers allowed up in big bear and arrowhead? cause my brother has a honda cr 250
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Red sticker is allowed in OHV areas from October 1st through April 30th. Must have a spark arrestor.
  19. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    sick thats what i was hoping, someone told me that in big bear 2 strokes are never allowed, haha.

So is anyone else down to meet up somewhere this weekend? Sunday or Monday, Im probably riding both, because i work saturdays...:banghead:
  20. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'll be down in Orange County at the end of March. Anyone got a loaner bike? :D
    I used to have access to my Brother-in-laws bikes in Valencia, but he moved and took the bikes with him. The nerve of some people, eh....

Speaking of bikes.... does anyone rent bikes for a decent rate down there? I'd love to rent a 450 for a few days and hit Glen Helen, Randsburg & maybe Ocotillo and Cahuila if time allows.

I'm also hoping to 'borrow' my in-laws house in Cypress when they go on vacation sometime. It wont be an issue with them, but I would like to time it right and not have to deal with heat or dust, which would mean next fall at the earliest. Assuming they want to go on vacation, that is. If that comes to light then I'll be looking to ride everyday that I can afford to.