Tr650 Post Ecu Recall

Discussion in 'TR650' started by prdeb, Nov 11, 2017.

1. prdeb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Road King, BMW F800GS Adv
    The company that imported Husqvarnas to the Philippines left their buyers high and dry. TR650 owners here thankfully are being assisted by the Customer Service Relations Manager for KTM/Husqvarna, Southeast Asia. My ECU was sent to Marelli in Italy and I got it back a couple of days ago. The bike runs beautifully now, no stalls, so smooth both accelerating and decelerating, no need to keep the revs up in traffic, and I think it runs a bit cooler too now. Hard to believe that this is the same bike I was riding a month ago. My bike is pure stock mechanically and I was wondering if anyone in the forum with a TR650 with the Ferrari injector has done the ECU recall. I would appreciate any feedback as many TR650 owners here changed to Ferrari injectors to lessen the stalling, and it definitely did.
    LED likes this.
  2. prdeb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Road King, BMW F800GS Adv
    I have put in about 320 kilometers in varying condition and roads on my Strada after having the ECU recall done. The bike just runs so well now, and the bike has not stalled even once. I would advise everyone who has access to the recall to have it done immediatley. There are several in my group now that have had the recall done and we are 100% satisfied, thank you Husqvarna and Magnetti Marelli for solving the problem and making the solution available to us.

I would mention though that the initialization of the ECU (as outlined elsewhere on Cafe Husky) after reinstallation is crucial to getting the maximum benefits of the ECU update.

A very satisfied TR650 owner here. Thanks Mr. John Mckeown of KTM for your invaluable assistance to the Husqvarna owners in the Philippines.
    PaulC and nev.. like this.
  3. roggan99 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    I never heard about this problem until i try to sell the bike, a buyer told me there is a recall on the ECU.
    I live in Sweden and no one want to take care this... what to do?
  4. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere

There is a recall on the ECU. But unless your bike is showing symptoms (stalling and/or surging) there's no real need to take the bike in. I didn't for my wife's nor mine.
  5. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    Have you got a white Husky dealer near you?...they will do it at no charge and I highly recommend you get it done.
  6. westcoaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra 2013

That is fantastic news! I'm in South Africa and have same stalling issue. Have imported some special spark plugs but could not find the Ferrari injector (or even the 2nd and 3rd choice options, from Jeep and Fiat iirc) - now there's hope!
  7. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT

Have a look here for injector info
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/random-stall-–-a-silver-bullett-or-as-close-as-we-may-get-tr650-husky.80593/

and here for the latest plug info
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/pulstar-plug-je2rt-new-version-se2t.89779/#post-651778

But you probably dont need these if you get the ECU reflashed
  8. westcoaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra 2013

Shot, thanx Paul, I've just not looked around enough on here recently. I've got a set of the Pulstar plugs (but not the o-rings), but the injector I struggled to find - didn't want to go to local Ferrari, for $$$ reasons (it appears to have been used on old models, so stock will be a problem anyway) and the eBay vendors I found at the time did not ship to S.Africa. But today will be about getting that ECU flash arranged. I'll try that without any other mods first! Wish me luck...
    PaulC likes this.
  9. franc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 strada
    I did last month the service to my 2014 Strada, I bought it second hand last summer ( the previous owner said had no problem with stalls or other issue ) however after a while I felt it was not riding fine and stalls happend.
    I am from Florence Italy, my friend and all time mechanic who in the past sold me and serviced my ex KTM for this issue directed me to the Husqvarna dealer in the town of Poggibonsi, Garaffi Moto, they sent the ECU to Magneti Marelli and after I got back the Strada it was like another bike, no more stalls and now rides so much better.
    kiwiape, nev.. and CarstenB like this.
  10. ijones955 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha IT465J
    I recently changed my plugs, using just the standard NGK and then followed the ECU reset procedure listed elsewhere on this site as the bike had been running rough. The ECU updatehas been done, and the bike had been a joy but had started to run a little rough, but since doing the plug change the bike is back to its old stalling ways. I pulled up in traffic this morning, had the bike in neutral whilst i adjusted my gloves and it just stopped, having been apparently fine 2 seconds before. Is there a chance that the injectors might also need a clean?
  11. Bikerdude Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR, Versys,DL1000 Suzuki,
    Try cleaning your idler arm thingy. Google it.
  12. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    Give it a good thrashing. That will clean out the injectors, charge the battery and put a smile on your face.
    (well it does for me):)