TR650 no blinkers or flashers

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Sturgis, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Sturgis Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several Harley's, Drz400sm, KLR650
    Not getting power out of the dash, it blinks fast in the dash tho
  2. Nick780 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Suzuki GS400E
    Hey Sturgis, how did this pan out?

I was testing out some different signals on the bike and foolishly forgot the bike was on and hot-swapped some bulbs. None of the bulbs illuminate anymore but the dash indicator still flashes. Can't believe the relay is part of the dash!?!?!

So, think I'll be buying a new relay and inserting my own wiring....
  3. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III
    The fuses should protect against short circuit right? Why would the relay in the dash die first instead of the fuse that should protect the circuit against these things. Have you guys checked your Auxiliary fuses? Apparently the instrument panel goes over two fuses but the turning indicators just goes over 'Fuse 1' is that one intact on your bikes? One of my previous bikes also had a turn indicator relay baked into the dash but there have been no reports about the internal relay dying or something.
    mag00 likes this.
  4. Nick780 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Suzuki GS400E
    I'll check tonight for fuses in/around the dash itself, all of the fuses under the seat are good.
    I have the indicator lighting up but none of the actual lights right now...
  5. Nick780 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Suzuki GS400E
    Turns out I can't always trust my eyes....

Opened up the dash and it's full of plenty of stuff we shouldn't touch or service. No fuses or any semblance of what the blinker relay actually is.
    But, after that shook my head and decided to measure twice. Checked the fuses with the meter and, surprise, one was out even though I still can't visually tell.

Looking at the fuse block while standing on the right side of the bike (front of bike pointing to your right, back of bike to the left) the blinker fuse is the red 7.5A that's in the 3rd row of the 2nd column :rolleyes:
  6. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III
    Good to hear that you solved your problem. I should've posted a image of the turn signal fuse, that might have spared you some headache, sorry for that.
    Here's a image of the turn signal fuse encircled in red for people troubleshooting in the future.

[IMG]
  7. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    These modern dashes are a processor which does all the functions so there is no "embedded" relay in there, it is simply a software routine. This applies even back to the first of the 650GS BM's.At least with the earlier 650GS BM the functions dont include the indicators. I have been repairing dash assemblies for the 650GS and have seen what they are using in the cars as well. The processor units are application Specific and many are made by Fujitsu

In addition to the above the output drivers for things like the indicator lamps on the Terra can have sensing circuits to enable generating fault codes
    snail_72 likes this.
  8. Rickyme Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650, WR300 both 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TTR 600 Belgarda
    Mine turned out to be just a blown fuse too Nick's description is correct
    Note In the photo posted by Cyntax its actually the 7.5 fuse indicated by the 3