Toronto SX 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Mar 22, 2014.

1. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Absolutely amazing ride by JS7. Loved it!

Too bad about Adam Cianciarulo, though. The kid is fun to watch. Still, I was happy for Bogle to get his first win.

Had a last minute offer to go the race, but I already had plans. Missed a great race!
    Motosportz and TemecuCoastie like this.
  2. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    AC46 earned a lot of street cred for having his shoulder/arm popped back into socket then throwing his leg over and trying to give it a go.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I really like that guy and hope the best for him. Should earn a factory ride for next year i would think.
    TemecuCoastie and water racer like this.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My first SX and it was a good one. It's actually better to see it on TV, but everyone should attend one, if they can. Stewart was impressive. At first it looked like Roczen and Barcia had it covered and then you realized Stewart was charging. I'm not an anybody fan in SX/MX, but Stewart seems to be maturing. My neighbor Paul Carpenter, was Stewart's team mate, the year he rode 125's on his own Kawi Team, not Pro-Circuit. I heard a lot of stories, that made me like "Bubba" even less than his public image would have. He seems to be working past all that. I hope Pieck gets a Factory ride next season, as he was impressive. It great, not to have a "Dominator" right now in SX, makes it more fun!
    water racer and Xcuvator like this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah when you hand a young kid millions, and lavish him with attention it might go to his head. Seen it a million times in all sports. He seems to have grown up, takes himself less serious and is way more focused than in recent years. Nice to see. Seems like the whole family has matured and is working hard. Wish Alessi's would grow up. He seems to have some speed but needs to get more grounded and focused. Yes not having a dominator is cool and cant imagine how awesome it would be with Reed and Millsaps in the mix too!
    Xcuvator and Norman Foley like this.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Speaking of Alessi.... He won his heat or semi (all a blur now) and then in the main, he was riding around rolling jumps like a spode. Did he really get any points? What he was doing, just looked crazy, like mentally unbalanced!
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bingo. Seems out of shape too as he does well for about 3-4 laps then fades fast.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure what it was all about, but WP40 was practicing at Stews' track in FL some this yr... Gotta help just hanging around top guys like that ...

Not sure what happened with Roczen... He just fell back for some reason ...

--
    Stews' 125 days was where he first met CR22 :)
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Stew has been quite a rider for quite a while ... He draws alot of interest as you have seen here just this yr and this race ... He always races hard ...And he has caused alot of action ...

He's got all these wins and I'm not sure of the number of yrs he's been racing but I'm pretty sure he has set out at least 2 yrs from injuries... Add in a few wins for these yrs and he is setting pretty close to McGrath total wins number. He also has skipped the outdoors at least 4 yrs in a row, so his body missed all that wear and tear... He might can go another couple yrs ... He can win out this yr also ...

In the interview below, he's sounding a little humbled or maybe just taken back by this record ... He's not had the best of times since he went Hollywood those few yrs and RV2 arrived after RC4 ... He's rode hurt alot in the recent yrs.

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Chatter-Box-James-Stewart,37877/Slideshow,0/GuyB,64
  10. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

A word about some of the 'other guys' (in my dreams I ride like the worst guy out there).
    Peick has shown a great all-around game on the different types of tracks. He's not just a slick hardback guy, or a deep loamy guy, or a whoops guy, or a rhythm section guy, or ...... I'd be interested to know how trick his suspension is.
    The guy who's made the last couple of mains - Ryan Thomas (or something like that) - sounds like a guy with a van and a bike - the true american underdog.
    And - back on suspension - what is Joe Gibbs Racing doing? Those blue bikes seem to have the best suspension and really put down gobs of horsepower.
    Motosportz likes this.
  11. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    JRG is now considered a "Factory" Team by the AMA. I would bet they can build better stuff than the real factory teams in there shop and get it in the hands of the American Riders faster than the factories. The 2014 YZ450 seems to be a much better bike than the 2010-2113 version and JGR seems to have it dialed in.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  12. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah Mike I was just thinking that JGR has shock dynos that are probably far more sophisticated than the big bike factories. And - I wonder how much of what they've learned from Nascar is applicable to SuperX. Maybe they've learned something about suspension geometry or shock action in Nascar where everyone is so competitive and they have so much money.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I like new tech so was hoping they would make waves with the new gen bike. Seems to track straight through the whoops. JRG is doing a good job.
  14. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  15. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Looks like Tomac got hurt.....again
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Crap. Tickle is out too.
  17. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I think you are talking about Ronnie Stewart, they make him sound like he is showing up to the races with a beat up pick- up truck, you should see his beautiful Dirt Candy hauler! Pretty fabulous.
    TemecuCoastie and MikeB like this.
  18. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I don't get the Stewart hate. He has always been an amazing rider, but SX has evolved. There was a time it came easy to him, he could fall twice and still win. The Ryans and others came in and upped the game, and he had trouble adjusting at the same time he was suffering from the big head and lack of focus.
    I could see last year he was very determined to get back to the top, but luck was not on his side. This year he has won three races, would have won four except for a crash in the whoops, and would have the points lead except for the crash and the freak header thing at daytona.
    Yes, he has crashed a lot re-inventing SX riding, who has not crashed, RV included? Dungey rides very controlled and consistent and everyone gives him a hard time for not being aggressive enough.
    Reed gets a lot of love now a days, and I have a lot of respect for him, but it was just a few years ago he was considered the biggest butt hole.
    Right now, I would rather hear a Stewart interview than anyone else, he has interesting things to say instead of telling how great they rode and reading a list of sponsors off of a board.
    I got tired of RC dominating, feared Stewart was going to dominate like no other(didn't happen), and right now I will pull for anyone that can keep RV from dominating.
    There is a record amount of talent in SX now when they are all healthy, enjoy the show.
    'For the record, I have seen most all SX races since 2000, about 10 on site, and have read a lot about the history of the sport.
  19. franky bonez Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hon CR 250 - Yam RD350 - HD Softail
    Stewart...amazing effort! Congratulations.
  20. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not at all like Peick last year at Nationals - driving around in Dad's van.

Regardless, still great to see R. Stewart out there improving and putting in work.