Toronto SX 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Mar 22, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Here's the usual stuff :( along with the Champ sitting out a race?

[IMG]

A couple of the biggest stories this weekend revolve around Kawasaki riders, whether it's Adam Cianciarulo (who's getting his shoulder popped back in by Doc Bodnar after a practice crash); or Ryan Villopoto, who may or may not race tonight after he was stricken with a serious stomach ailment

--
    A big get well soon goes to Broc Tickle, who crashed hard in the first timed practice. He ended his day in a local hospital for precautionary x-rays on his bike.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WOW what a race!!! Stew is amazing. Go Peick. Brayton too. Great night of racing all around. Well not for Adam.
  3. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    We probably witnessed the greatest performance on a motorcycle to have happened with JS 7's come from behind win in Toronto.
  4. turboslacker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Stewart was amazing. Rode in a league well above all the others.
    TemecuCoastie and BILLF like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    These Stew comments are a little interesting ... I certainly hope he does not take anyone out from this SX championship season and please do not take anyone (even yourself) out of the up-coming outdoors season, if and when he crashes ...

--

I certainly hope AC46 is OK and I'm guessing the Champion does what a champion does in these cases ...
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    huh? Must have missed that and Stew has never been a take out artist like several others are. He uses speed and talent to get around people. In fact his ending comments were about riding more within his means and staying on 2 wheels. Not sure what you heard?
    water racer likes this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Are you aware Stew was about the only competition RC4 had other than CR22? Remember RC4, Ricky Carmichael? He rode quite a few yrs ago and was called the G.O.A.T. Greatest of all Time.... I watched him race :) ... Remember back to 2008? 2009? lol ... Those were the last yrs Stew worn a championship... Whats Stew been doing all these yrs up until now while RV2 has been winning championships? Crashing maybe?

Sorry, but I was not told anything about Stew...I've watched him race for years ... Indoors and out ... And what you saw, was what Stew has done many many times, in the past, apparently before you started watching SX racing ...Of course, RC4 and CR22 were not so easy to triple by as the young riders were last night ... lol ...

Stew has always been a hard racer, like MS32 is showing now, and he has also taken out more than 1 rider in his yrs of racing due to his crashes ... CR22 I'm sure has been taken out in the past by him, and was it Kyle Partridge than Stew changed lines over a triple once and crashed? Kdub was crashed by Stew in LV a few yrs back ... RV2 is a smart enough rider that he wants nothing to do with this guy on the track ..ESP, after he has already blown him away again for his 4th SX championship in a row.

--
    RC4, Stew, CR22, and now RV2 are the fastest racers in this sport over the last decade ++ ... Too bad you missed all these previous yrs of SX racing ... Maybe Stew can continue to amaze you youngsters, but sorry again, RV2, the 3 time champ, is not gonna be stopped from being the 4 time champ by Stew or anyone else on the track currently.

--
    Bring on the outdoors and let Stew try again to beat RV2 for the crown ... Which he has never accomplished to date ... Sorry, but I have what is left over from a good memory ...
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Been watching and going to SX/MX since the early 80's, before all these guys. :excuseme: I was simply asking about the "take out" commitment you posted as I hadn't heard that. I did hear him say he was trying to ride more controlled. RV is awesome too. Chad Reed as well, wish he was still in it. And where did I say Stew was unbeatable. Not sure even what your talking about?
    jmetteer likes this.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That's a little interesting ... I think I'll leave it at that ....
  10. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    He certainly did , its great to see everyone riding aggressive but smart and Stewart just smooth and fast and RV being tough and smart enough not to sit it out but grit it out and stay in lead.
  11. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    James Stewart!! Amazing race. Watched it twice...sooo smooth
    Motosportz likes this.
  12. turboslacker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    RayRay
    I think the point we were making flew past ya. Yes Stew has been great and unbeatable before. Yes he still has the ability to beat everyone indoors and outdoors. It's simply been quite a while since we have seen him run at his peak ability for an entire 20 laps. No crashes and passed 3/4 of the entire field due to a poor start.

Simply awe inspiring to watch and enjoy as a spectator.
    Excellent SX season!
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Loved watching Adam get his shoulder popped back in....;)
  14. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    god settle down ray ray . that rhythm section and the bit after the finish jump corner were sick as all hell . then stewart comes through . it had me on the edge of my seat . i specifically came here looking for a thread about it because im still buzzing about it .

it put a smile on many faces . leave it at that . what do you actually hope to achieve posting that up ?
    jmetteer and LandofMotards like this.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sure and I'm happy you guys are liking Stew so much ... Feel free to watch more than 1 race in a row also, Ok?
  16. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    Take your negativity to a different message board, there are plenty of those available. Keep Café Husky classy!
    jmetteer, LandofMotards and MikeB like this.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This was a cool Stew moment cooked in this weeks Stew pot ... It also involves a another popular young racer who has been getting alot of PUB the last few yrs also...good and bad and his racing for a 2nd year 450 guy is pretty good to say the least ...He'll be with us for yrs I think.

This pic below shows Stew making a totally clean pass on this younger rider ... This is the same young rider doing all the bumping on other riders out there.

There is no malice in my words here ... Just comments and observation on what I perceive is going on at this moment in time during the race ...

Again no malice in my words or observations... But JB51, does not want any part of banging with James Stewart at this point of the race. I'd say that is a very smart thing as Stew will take it all the way to the dirt and get up smiling about it. Again no malice in my words or observations... Just what I see as a detail in the race as it unfolds ... There are alot of other moments other there with the riders and with just the bike taking punishments but you gotta watch for them ...
    JS7_.jpg
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Thats was his third win this year. And he is now the second winningest SX rider in the world after MC and more than the GOAT so I think he is doing OK.
    jmetteer likes this.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    except you keep telling us how stupid we are and to watch more than one race and how we don't know anything. Were just excited for the guy. Simple as that.

Listen to the commentary, even Emig and Windom are falling all over themselves at stews performance and they have seen a few races.

I REALLY wish Chad was still in this as I think him and Stew were having a good run this year and would have made this all a lot more interesting with Chads renewed speed in the mix.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  20. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Aaaaand the kid from Wildomar, CA (WP40) had another strong showing.
    jmetteer, water racer, MikeB and 2 others like this.