1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

The story of my air cooled 2010 TE510

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Rot Box, May 5, 2017.

1. Rot Box Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 ATK 605 DSES
    Thank you I appreciate the help. I'm going to look into it.. tuning EFI is uncharted waters for me hopefully I can get is sorted.

kinda wonder why it would run fine before but not now.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes TPS reset.
    Rot Box likes this.
  3. Rot Box Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 ATK 605 DSES
    Thanks again,

Looking at getting the Semco package.. I hope I can figure out how to use it. Doesn't look like it's comparable with my Mac though :thinking:

Still learning my way around this thing. My bike appears to have the 'power up' package. The O2 sensor port is plugged, cat/emissions delete, high flow air filter cage and an FMF muffler. Does all that complicate things or make matters worse? I would think EFI needs an O2 sensor of some kind.

Sorry for the Newb questions. I just want to ride my new bike! :rolleyes:
    duggoey likes this.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The bike doesn't need the o2 sensor in the power up mode.
    duggoey likes this.
  5. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
    Rot Box likes this.
  6. Rot Box Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 ATK 605 DSES
    Awesome thanks so much everyone. I'm hoping to have ibeat here in a few days.

My wife is really impressed with my new bike so far! Lol
    duggoey likes this.
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I-beat will fix it.
  8. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    There's a deep psychological/philosophical difference between what a husband sees as a 'project/investment' and what a wife sees as 'a total waste of money/my husband is going down hill'. Fortunately those of us here see it from your point if view
    Rot Box and Oldscool like this.
  9. Rot Box Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 ATK 605 DSES
    Finally after what seemed like forever I was able to get my TPS reset! :D I ended up buying an old 32 bit laptop with windows XP which will be nice to have if/when needed again.

Once I reset the TPS and started the bike the idle was noticeably smoother. If I hammer the throttle it doesn't bog like it used to. I think all is well now but I still need to take it for a ride just to make sure.

Kinda fun to mess around with the settings on iBeat. Thanks again everyone I appreciate the help,
  10. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Looks like things are shaping up at long last Rot Box. Good luck with your ride-give us a heads up of how it went.
  11. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah, Man.

With I-beat you can get them running very well.

Without it, they always seem to have trouble.
  12. Rot Box Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 ATK 605 DSES
    A good friend and I went for quite a ride today. I doubt I will be riding the Husky that hard again anytime soon... man am I sore! Tight technical single track, lots of dead fall and some pretty nasty rocky sections--haven't done this type of riding in a few years now good times.

Great way to test out the Husky. I think the cooling is officially sorted. I'm running straight distilled water with a 1.1 cap right now and I had no issues whatsoever. Will probably put Evans back in soon.

I had a handful of flame-outs in the rocky sections. Rear sprocket is a 47 and I'm thinking that was likely too tall for this type of riding. If I had a clutch to feather I may have been alright, but I'm thinking the combination of gearing and Rekluse may have been to blame... who knows.

I am very impressed with the bike. So happy I found one I enjoy :cool:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    If I was going with straight water, I might put a higher pressure cap on. I would guess that with Evans it wouldn't matter that much. Hey, didja ever find that impeller nut?

I couldn't figure out that rear brake line routing until I saw no brake pedal. Still, the line looks exposed to branches. If you don't have enough slack, you can get brake lines made up fairly cheap.

My buddy's '10 450 was a tractor- yours should be even better now. Have fun.
    Rot Box likes this.
  14. Rot Box Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 ATK 605 DSES
    I never did find that nut! haha. Who knows I made certain it wasn't lodged somewhere though.

The brake line bugs me it's on my list. It needs to be about five inches longer to work right. On that note I'm curious what fluid is in it... mineral oil or brake fluid. It's using the stock clutch master cylinder that calls for mineral oil.

I've gotten mostly used to the rear hand brake now and have really grown to like it---so far anyway. I would like a clutch override though but I'm not sure how I'd go about doing it :thinking:
  15. Rot Box Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 ATK 605 DSES
    Any idea how many 2010 TE510's were imported to the US??? Lately I'm starting to wonder if it is rarer than my ATK..

They look good together I think :cheers:

[IMG]
  16. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Your ATK is a lot more scarce than the 510.
  17. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    They use DOT fluid. Be careful-the clutch uses mineral oil-both caps designate type required
  18. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    dual brakes: there's two ways of doing it. First, and simplest, is to have the LHRB actuate the brake pedal. Second (cleaner but I'm not sure how it's done) is some kind of proportional valve setup thingy. Maybe someone who actually knows will chime in. The KTM guys have been doing it for years.

If the master cylinder says mineral oil, I would use mineral oil. But the slave must be brake fluid so maybe put a Brembo master on it. Or use DOT 5 (silicone based)- both seals should tolerate it (guessing).

impeller nut: if it wasn't in the water pump or thermostat, then it's probably in the top of one of the radiators. I wouldn't like to leave it, but it's not a big deal. maybe. Fish around with a magnet in the radiator with a cap for a while- you might get lucky. And of course, next time you have the rads off... give 'em a good shake.
  19. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I see you have a fan behind the radiator. Did it come on at all?
  20. Rot Box Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 ATK 605 DSES
    Been awhile since I posted but I just wanted to say I've been riding the Husqvarna as much as I can. I'm blown away by this bike it really is a great match for me and the riding I do. I've had no problems with it mechanically.

I'm curious though. Over the weekend I dumped it on a hillside and a fair amount of oil drained out of the valve cover and into the air box making quite a mess. Normal or should I be worried? I thought it was kind of a weird place to have a vent.

Anyway good times. I really don't know what I could change to improve the bike. It works very very well for what I do :cool:
    starrblade likes this.