The Husk

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Super5onic88, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    Haha I didn't wanna out do you there Caiman :) those offset fork bases you have are next level!
  2. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    With the fork it turns so quick now, have to remind myself that when jumping off the Nuda into the 511. Next step is to remove the 2nd butterfly from the throttle body.
  3. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    I definitely recommend it. Just removes another potential issue and it's two little screws.
  4. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    All loaded up and ready to roll for a 2 hr drive to the Final race round of the SupermotoWA Championship at the crack of Dawn.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    B-Turbo and Centerline like this.
  5. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    Pit Lane. As you can see I don't only race A Grade on The Husk, I also race a CT110 Postie bike :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    B-Turbo and Centerline like this.
  6. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Did you have any issues fitting the alpina's? Last few guys I know who fitted then had problems.
  7. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    No issues at all. They got laced off the bike so they were guessing the offsets the rear he offset as much as he could to the the rotor side and it is perfect! Got clearance on both sides. The front however needs to be wound over a little as it is very close to brake lines. Other than that they laced onto the stock SMR hubs fine. That's using Alpina STS tubless spokes and 16'5" front.
    Centerline likes this.
  8. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    You used the stock hubs, everyone I know had issues with the kite hubs.
  9. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    So the first ride after the new Suspension, New wheels and Tyres, AutoTune and Accel Pump enabled?

Frustrating and Insanely Good!

Frustrating: Autotune/Accel Pump for some reason had my bike stalling until I I had been riding for a good 5-10mins. Even if I let it sit idling at start up until the fans came on she still wanted to cough n fart until I gave it a hammering. Accepting the Trims for the first time has seemed to lessen perhaps even fix this issue. Not enough riding was done.
    I have a feeling something may be going on with my clutch as it seems louder when engaged than usual.

Insanely Good: The Suspension kept me absolutley glued to the track on every turn! No rebounding on switch backs and loosing stabilty/traction an no axles hoping under hard braking. The new Goldspeed Super soft 16.5" front and soft Pre Cut Rear Tyres had me so low in the corners and such great slide control and traction I was almost putting my bar ends on the ground! Not once did I lose traction front or rear unless I choose to.

Conclusion:
    The Husk is 80% better to ride! It is Effing Unreal!

On the day I had really bad allergies and my RossRiver Virus (sorta like chronic fatigue) came on and demolished me! I almost passed out on the Track racing A Grade Practice directly followed by Postie Qualifying (no rest, pit lane hot seat).
    I ended up trying to Qualify A Grade but couldn't hold on for more than a lap.
    Which forced me to Forfeit the whole Day.

Unfortunately I lost the Postie Championship because of it.
    Season Over.
    Londin likes this.
  10. Londin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449 MY11
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 and Hypermotard 1100
    What setting do you have on you front and rear suspension?
  11. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    Front the Clickers are both set at 14. Rear is set to standard settings which I'll have to check for you.

Rear 12 on comp 12 on rebound and 24 on csc unsure of the spring rate but with my sag settings the srpings perfect.
  12. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Do you know what springs were put in?
  13. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    5kg setup for me at around 90kg with gear on.
  14. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    5.4 on the rear?
  15. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    So it's round 3 of the 2015 season tomorrow.

I just installed a modified shorter swingarm so that will get a good shakedown. Last practice I noticed that my clutch lever started going soft after not using it for a few turns sort of like when you boil your brakes, The only thing I can think that would cause that would be a bypass in the clutch master cylinder. The only thing is it doesn't do it when it's cold only while I'm out on the track?
    Could not using my clutch combined with my slipper clutch wearing down my clutch pack mean the slave cylinder has to take up slack on it's next use?
  16. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    Here's a pic of the standard swingarm next to my shortened one.
    [IMG]

The turn in was a fair bit better I didn't notice any negative side effects.
    My race day was however cut short when another rider crashed into me, two corners later my chain exploded so that was the end of that.
    Mik-3 likes this.
  17. jman2-stroke Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015' KTM 250sx, 95' ATKLQ
    Dude those are so much fun!!! grew up with a ct90 in the family. I couldnt imagine racing it, however I pretend I was plenty of times.