1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

THE BEST LIGHTWEIGHT BATTERY IN THE WORLD FOR A 450 FOUR STROKE

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by highdez1981430cr, Mar 18, 2011.

1. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    Odyssey makes an LFP battery? (Lithium Iron Phosphate).. cause that's what we're talking about here.. no other battery can approach LFP batteries for size and weight vs power output
  2. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    I spoke to the shop manager and it's a little more then just a demand issue. he told me they changed the design slightly, to improve the terminals, and that they didn't anticipate the time for the retooling etc.

I think I'll hold out for one of these.. they seem to offer the most power, with the lightest weight, for the cheapest price e.g. their 9AH battery is 1.2lbs and only $109.

http://www.shoraipower.com/p-148-lfx09l2-bs12.aspx
  3. hamiltonuh60 Husqvarna
    A Class

Never heard of them. Haven't looked into the specs yet, but it seems a little pricey. I prefer a batt with a hard case for off-road use. The Moty design is a lot lighter though, not sure what your priority is? I think it depends on what size, weight, style, and price you are looking for. I have the Shorai because my wife thought it would be a cool Valentines gift... and she was right!
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The super B batteries are awesome but expensive with a 7 year life
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Oh, but remember... according to GUTZY, "you get what you pay for". LOL. I'll take a Shorai over any of the cottage industry Lithium Iron batteries that are hand assembled and packaged in shrink wrap. I've been burned by the others already. The first was a "bad cell" according to the supplier. The second was a "bad braze joint" by the same supplier. When I see an LI battery wrapped in heat shrink... I tend to pucker and move on to another supplier's website. Live and learn.
  6. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Robdogg,where are you buying your odyssey`s from?

Didnt know that they had anything but lead.
  7. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Krieg,did you go with the e-batt`s for your bad experience?
  8. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    I don't think they do.. which was what I was asking highdez about
  9. GUTZY Husqvarna
    A Class

Highdez- This is another option I have found.http://www.fullspectrumpower.com/products_pulse.html Never used or seen one.

When I bought the Moty design batt, there was not much out there for options. 100% satisfied with this batt.

Everyone has different experiences with products and I can understand why Kreig has a bad taste in his mouth if the batts he used didn't work out. I was just giving my .02 on the product I have been using with great success in my form of motor sport.

Like I said earlier in one of my post's , Good Luck
  10. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

These full spectrums look sweet!

Anybody running these full spectrum batts?
  11. dirt_rider93561 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have talked to them on the phone before. They seem to know their stuff and were helpful. The battery is pretty pricy though.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  13. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Gutzy,

I decided to go with the Full Spectrum P 1 battery.

It is crazy light,pics to come.
  14. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    So is the Shorai that robdogg posted the best one to get for an estart bike? We have a 10 250 TXC and 09 450 TXC. I'm a bit dazzled by all the options, but think I'm going to hold out for these to come back in stock. Was about to grab some Turntech batteries before I saw this thread, but the Shorais are cheaper and seem to get nice reviews.
  15. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am waiting on the Shroai as well, Phoenix, I had the same experience as Krieg on the other battery. Same to a T, Bad cell and then a bad terminal. Had the terminal repaired by a true battery guy and then 1 month later a bad cell again. Super B looks nice but the price is a lot more, if the Shorai does not come in soon I will try the Super B. Someone post when the Shorai's are in.
  16. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Save your money on the super B for some titanium screws,look how nice the terminals are on the Full Spectrum battery
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    The fact that you can't get a Shorai from any supplier in the USA speaks for itself. Demand for the Shorai is incredible. They wouldn't have sold out if they sucked. The 14AH, 221 CCA Shorai that I installed in my GasGas 300 is LIGHTYEARS better than the stock lead acid batter and lightyears times 10 better than the 3 Turntechs I've owned. The fact that they can be had for less than most of the other cottage brands wrapped in shrink wrap or carbon fiber is icing on the cake for me.
  18. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like you got your cake and can eat it too,The new Shorai`s come with free glow in the dark radiation coating.

Buy American,the next job you save maybe your own.

My favorite cottage brand is Knudson small curd.
  19. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Enjoy your battery highdez. I bought my Shorai from Americans. Rumor has it that the new irradiated Shorai's will crank even stronger. [IMG]
  20. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Full spectrum battery and custom mounting plate that i made. full spectrum battery verses stk battery 001.jpg full spectrum battery verses stk battery 002.jpg P-1 battery weight shows 1.052 lbs. (i have no idea about calibration of my Harbour Freight scale) my custom Lexan mount and P-1 battery from full spectrum weighs only 1.405 lbs.That is a total weight saving os 1.934 lbs. and i also lowered the battery and starter relay 2".

Attached Files: