1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC The best bike I've ever owned! 2019 Husqvarna tx 300

Discussion in '2st' started by fletchman45, Oct 2, 2019.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Last ride today before storage...awesome! Rode 19 tpi ktm ktm...lean on bottom..rich on top...2020 ktm 250xc tpi ..went crazy twice with engine free revving...I will stick with with a lighter less complicated ride and a carberator...changed needle..the bike is so well thought out you don't even have to rotate the carb to do the job! Total time to change needle (for 30 degrees) 15 minutes! While this engine seems boring compared to a smaller flywheel equipped 250..I gotta say again..it is simply amazing..no jetting changes...no messing with air screw..smooth .. tractable..fast when needed..lug it..rev it...still the best bike I've ever owned...easy to ride...you literally can't even hardly crash the thing..refined 19 chassis a step up from 18 and 19...steering precise ( dare I say like a Ridgid aluminum frame tm!) Stable like and old Italian husky...no physical effort required to ride bike fast and for long periods..I used to hate 300s..well I love this one and even feel rejuvenated to dig deep again..I think back to my 18 te 250...the transmission sucked compared to the tx...this six speed is perfectly geared..and smooth and slick..the explorer fork may be better for c class and even b class but the aer fork and lighter weight of the bike are definitely noticable! I think they need a few more years to make tpi perfect..riding a tpi bike and carb bike back to back the carb bike feels more responsive to rider input and more powerful....dry weight tm 300en carb 224 dry weight tpi tm 300en 241...wtf! I probably didn't even have to change my needle today (guy who bought my 19 ktm250 xc did not) but I thought it was easy and safer...19 ktm 250 xc ergos..not as good as the Husqvarna..seat slippery..slide around alot..husky chassis you stick to the seat much better..tank seat junction fit me much better...by putting the steering dampner and raising the stock bars approximately a inch and a quarter or so the bike feels amazing. (bars cut to 29 7/8 inches) if you ride a stock husky with the lower bars it feels very weird..and not as good (I'm 5 foot 7) 165 pounds..for reference..bike does not stall easily...18 gas gas..ok..vibrates ..feels totally old school compared to the tx..good bang for buck as I've seen those pretty cheap.. if the tm had a steel frame I think I'd possibly jump ship...yz 250...trusty..cheap realitivly..no electric start no counterbalanced engine..about as heavy..I used to hate electric start because of the weight. But now the starter is very small ..the battery is light and the weight penalty is around five pounds I guess..so and old kdx 200 weighed 235 dry! A tx carb is 219! The button is magic when you need it and I'm not sure I've ever even kicked this bike but a few times for the hec of it (kicker is a tish short where your boot goes) but works fine..the weight penalty is offset by ease of starting in awkward situations or after a stall...a little over eight hours on the bike now and as I said super impressed..2020 I don't know..no kickstart backup..tpi (not for me) slightly heavier weight..a footnote..the stock rear brake pedal bolt on piece is super small and sucks..my advice throw a ee brake pedal piece on around 25$ and you won't miss the pedal! I took it off my 19 ktm before sale..guy rode bike once and agreed stocker is to small..replaced with one bigger then the Enduro engineering one..
    lankydoug likes this.
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Fletch, can you really tell the TM has an aluminum frame when you ride it? I don't notice anything bad about it like I experienced on a YZ or the horrible older CR Honda 2 stroke. Also the 2020 TM is available with a carb and I'm in agreement with about preferring the carb over FI... at least until they get the TPI performing better, even then it adds $400 to the price of a TM. I've heard that TM already has their FI sorted better than KTM
    [IMG]

I do wish my 2017 en300 was counterbalanced like the newer TMs but other than that it's the best bike I've ever ridden.
  3. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Lankydoug I only had the 12 tm amd rode the 19 for a short time...I want to want the tm for numorous reasons.. it's hot...Italian hot...not normal... boutique..not a yz.. not related to orange...and so many reasons..the frame I think does feel more Ridgid but to me the 12 gave great rider feedback..when I was fresh the thing was awesome..when I got tired the bike would try to hurt you! The better shape your in and the harder you pushed the 12 it rewarded you..resale sucks where a tx 300 where I live is like gold..the 19 I looked at had a few issues..dragging clutch? Clutch pull fair .. in-between a beta and a husky (9mm slave I guess fixes that) mushy front brakes..air? Dealer installed decals...a 10k bike should for sure have lock on grips..in mold graphics .and please a rubber strap for the sidestand..I wish I could afford one of each..if I went tm I would definitely get the mx 300 light weight and electric start! I've rarely been loyal to anything in my life, but that crown has had me for years no matter who owns it..and while the ktm husky doesn't come with vforce reeds or fmf exhaust..it does come with great quality control and the bike just works..resale is great.. the ktm jokes have finally ended.. maybe the frame is my excuse..but I think it is a little stiffer then a steel frame. .
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. braced23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300 2012 TE310 2009 450 TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 200XC (son)
    I have a 17 TX300 with a .48 rear spring and plan to use your chart for the air pressure this weekend. I've been running quite a bit higher in the front and mostly have no complaints except occasional deflection on roots and hidden stumps. Hopefully lowering the pressure and adjusting the clickers will clean that up. Did you leave the mapping switch plugged in?
    Thanks,
    Tim