1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC The best bike I've ever owned! 2019 Husqvarna tx 300

Discussion in '2st' started by fletchman45, Oct 2, 2019.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got the chance to get a sweet deal on a carryover 2019 tx 300 so I grabbed it. Sold the 2019 ktm 250 xc with 24 hours on it..busy year ..just one race and a third place at that race. While I've always thought 300s were boring and buzzy and unneeded..I've changed my mind! While some older guys go with smallbores(I loved them when I was a little younger) now I find them tedious to ride fast. This 300 has changed my mind..items added to bike (revalved front and rear suspension - gpr steering dampner-pipe guard-skid plate- complete front and rear beembo brakes with resivour extender- we brake pedal tip and we handguards bars cut to 29 3/4..(thank you ktm for platform sharing as I took this all of the ktm xc before sale) anyways. Haven't rode much this year so Everytime I have rode my fast buddy has been able to get the best of me...however wow..this engine and chassis and ergos are just amazing...I think this is crazy but I was able to ride this 300 fast and use less physical effort then probably any other bike I've ever had. I'm sure if it didn't weigh 219 pounds and have a counterbalanced engine I probably would not feel this way. I did not want efi no kickstart and the extra weight so was stoked to get a great deal on a carry over...just happy and pleased!
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the pre Tecate enduro testing is starting now on my 2017 TX300, Fletch on a 3 hundo…..you were making me think to go 250 next.....I know some difference from the first year issue bike (mine) and your 19. But yes these things are what you want them to be. My last ride I changed my style just to do it and was revving the thing instead of torque mode. Its a very versatile machine. post photos I took the day off and am going out to load now.
    fletchman45 and Norman Foley like this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    and i re-re- decided to just keep on riding the 2017 TX300...she only has 130 hours...… my 14 had close to 230 when I sold it. the capability far exceeds my skill level anyway. notable will be a testing stage of a new suspension set up. both ends of mine are OEM stock, but I run higher air pressure and have 2 rate higher rear spring all else oem valve stacks
    Kam1, fletchman45 and Norman Foley like this.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I put another two hours on the bike. It is simply amazing. I rode the 250 and 300 back to back 19 ktm 250 xc and 19 husky 300 tx. I thought wow the 300 sucks..the 250 revs freer and is well a funner engine. The first thirty minutes of Singletrack I was pretty skeptical . (Riding in akeley mn. Technical single track..lots of rocks roots etc....they've had national Enduro there before) anyways in not riding much this year my fast riding buddy while I was on the 250 was able to walk away from me. Not so with the 300..and the second time on the bike even felt better. Yes you have to change your riding style somewhat. ..but wow..seems like you can't crash..19 chassis is superior and fine tuned over the 17 18..seems to carve better and yet very very stable. (I would not consider a non counter balenced engine with high vibration..my hands go to sleep.. I installed the supplied alternate needle in the carb..that's it. Engine is just the bomb..very smooth and fast..tough to stall..in contrast I thought my 18 te 250 sucked..I'm not a big fan of the explorer fork..at least stock..and the air fork without na revalve is only fair in my opinion. I do believe for certain I am excerting less physical effort to ride this bike fast. While both the ktm and husky platform share the 19 husky seat is much better then the ktm seat...less slide around) ergos wise the husky just works better for me..the seat tank area seems easier to grip.. but wow ..I'm in love!
    Kam1, robertaccio and lankydoug like this.
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I always have fun revving out a small bore, it makes me feel like I'm riding harder at a higher level. The truth is I'm faster lugging around my 300.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Fletch remember to use the Husky brand or other AER48 front fork support , it pays off in the long run to keep the pressure in check when collapsing the forks with tie down straps. I couldn't tell if you had it installed. We rode a very hard loop on thurs, sharp bowling ball sized rock stream beds with lots of sharp hits and step drops. The only thing that I don't like with the AER forks is that slower going high speed sharp slammers. Also the temp rise pressure change is still a little hard to plan for. But 99.9% OK at the same time, you cant have it work perfectly everywhere without compromise. I opened the comp up more along with reb for better feel in that stuff. Can always manually on fly adjust the comp for different conditions if needed
    At our other more flowy local area the AER forks are perfect all the way around I rode a 3 hour relaxed pace twisty with some rock stuff loop rested than threw down a 1 hour 140+ HR fast ride through the hardest trails in that zone the AER48 were on point when pushed hard. My suspension guy is trying to get me onboard to go back with springs and open design for plushness.... but I'm still stuck with the advantages of these WP AER48s. Soft and plush is great for those stream beds, but if we jump into a sand wash...…..it turns into a wallowy scary set up. Keep the discussion alive, Tecate Enduro is coming up...Im in full training/testing mode
    fletchman45 likes this.
  8. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    what happened to the TM?
    fletchman45 likes this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That's why I like the 250 over the 300. Good power but you can still get deep into the throttle and fan the clutch.
    robertaccio and lankydoug like this.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I also get along with a 250, I think the trade offs between a 250 and a 300 are a wash. If I had to pick one thing about a 250 that I like better than a 300 is when you're doing a zap from a stand still to clear an obstacle the 250 is easier to get that initial hook where the 300 can be a bit much and spin.
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm still intriqued by the tm..for a number of reasons..one being less quality control issues then a beta..lighter then a beta. More passion then beta...never filed bankrupt ..not out to get rich or drink orange koolaid. Lots of pride and in house parts...when sitting next to a ktm makes the ktm look like a POS. Chow Bella! I test drove the 19 250 en..just ten minutes around outside of dealership...air in front brakes I presume .as my ssr 250 buchaneer brakes felt better . ..clutch dragging..dealer installed decals (lots of tms come in crate with decals uninstalled) done bad .. no rubber strap for the kickstand? A top tier Italian stallion should be balling with in mold graphics and a safety strap for the kickstand. And resale is very very iffy.. while I get it the ktm and husky platform share..I'm loyal to the crown and will still run and orange bike over..in fun. Bought one for a minute .it worked well .but still the Husqvarna looks much better!
    Kam1 likes this.
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robertaccio your right I should have a fork saver ..I've gotten lazy with that. Forget the springs.. i do feel a revalved fork works much better.. IMO..this 300 is not a handful at all..it is super smooth and fast all in the same time.. i do possibly need the factory lower seat at 5' 7". It's not bad at all but in a tricky technical off camber or.something I think it would help. I'll be riding Friday and Saturday so will get some more feedback..stock brake pedal foot piece is ridiculously small. I upgraded to Enduro engineering...much much better!
    Kam1 and robertaccio like this.
  13. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    So I have a 2017 TX300 (same bike, give or take minor changes) and have been extremely happy with it, UNTIL....

I paid off the TX, so I wanted to buy a 2nd bike and after much debate, I decided to get a 2020 YZ250X. I refuse to pay $10-11k for a 2 stroke at this point, especially given that there are issues with the new FI. Some are lucky with their FI, some are not. Also, no kick start, heavier and many other things that are turning me off. I got the YZ for $7400. So compared to $10,100, I saved $2700. I could have gotten as low as $7100, but I had to travel a 150 miles and decided against it.

We'll the YZ is basically a mountain bike with a motor. Right away rolling it off the truck you instantly feel the weight difference. Riding it is nothing short of amazing. The first time I rode it bone stock, the jetting and motor were amazing (unlike KTM) and the suspension and handling are out of this world. I will also say I think the build quality is better...among many things. I'll post up a review I wrote on another forum.
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As far as weight goes unless Yamaha made leaps and bounds the true dry weight of a 2017 yz250x ready to ride no fuel is 219 pounds..this is documented and can be found anywhere..a 2019 tx 300 while not leaps and bounds better then a 17 model is however improved in many areas, from carb settings to frame changes ergo improvements etc..and has a documented weight of 219 pounds dry weight ready to ride no fuel.. mind you it is already wired for lights...has a clear fuel tank with more capacity (at least vs a 17 yz 250x) and we'll bingo has electric start....a counterbalanced engine . This is a big benifit IMO I've looked and ridden some new Yamahas..quality control and build quality looks great, however no better then Husqvarna..I get it on the price diff and I bought a 19 carryover tx 300 for 100$ more then your yz..I don't need the fuel injection or added weight or stuff to go wrong..Yamaha probably still has a cable clutch? The 19 Husqvarna chassis to me handles better then the 17-18 chassis turning is awesome ..it carves! Stability is sweet...looking forward to a ride review...and what.works well for one person may not for another...can't go wrong with a yz..but I'll take my Husqvarna..
    robertaccio likes this.
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

30 miles akeley mn single track Friday. 30 miles Huntersville mn single track today..this bike just plain rocks..it handles so well it's hard to crash! The engine is smooth and controllable and fast when you want it to be..it will come to a basic dead stop in third and still launch...nothing to touch on the engine. I can't say I could ask for a better engine...it's that good..the semi close six speed transmission feels way better to me then a wide ratio of the te 250 and even better then my geared down close ratio of my previous 18 tc 250.. I did get to ride a 2020 tx 300 back to back with my 19 on Friday....not bad I must say.. a tish heavier but not really noticeable...it ran very well and only seemed to have slightly less power when lugging and rolling throttle in 3rd...when looking at the 2020 there does seem to be a bit of crap going on in order to have fuel injection...for me I'm ok with the carb...besides changing the needle with the provided alternate..I've not so much as touched the air screw and ran from around 40 degrees to 70 degrees . Stock suspension on the 2020 (only had 1.5 hours on it) felt ok.. was compliment and kind of plush..not as soft as my revalved stuff..rider who rode my bike (fast b rider) said my suspension was softer but didn't bottom or dive. Price was steep 2020 was 10,100 otd including sales tax..carryover quite a bit less.. sounds better...
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The thing I do need to point out that means alot to me..I'm using less physical effort to ride this 300 fast ..previous bikes were nicely woods setup tc 250s. 2015 2017 2018 and a 2019 xc 250 ktm and a nicely set up 2018 the 150 (rk head air forks.etc..) this bike puts more smiles on my face ..is easier to ride fast is forgiving..handles amazing..and strangly enough for me requires less physical effort to ride which is huge..
    robertaccio likes this.
  17. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Liking the review as always Fletch. It's like we have our own magazine tester with the variety of bikes you ride.
    fletchman45 and robertaccio like this.
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS FYI additional I did post this before my 2017 TX300 in my race configuration* with a full OEM tank of gas weighs 246 on pro quality scales

*Weight added
    Flexxbars, TMD Skid Plate, TMD chain guide, Mousses with lube, FMF Gnarly, HD Pegs, various other bullet proofing guards
    Kam1 and fletchman45 like this.
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    the 300 magic get her tuned clean, and ride gears up, to keep the suspension settled, increase corner speed, less wheel hop , use less energy and use the soft torque to power along. When you come up on someone get er on the pipe and rip on by!!!
    cbienusa likes this.
  20. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    The AER48 is a pretty easy DIY revalve to enhance slow speed compliance. You can make some pretty good improvements just swapping/removing some shims in the base valve. Takes less than 10 minute with forks on the bike. Cam.
    Motosportz and robertaccio like this.