TE630 SWM650 Rally fairing project

Discussion in '610/630' started by WickedWill, Dec 18, 2015.

1. al jorgensen My first motorized vehicle had a Husky engine

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630, 610, WXE 610, TE 450, WXE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly Italian Stuff
    Sounds good!
  2. edcsd Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm 610ie 2008
    Hey,
    do you have an update on this? I am really interested on this clamped bracket. I am about to built my fairing ad the only thing blocking me is an attachment point at the head tube. If possible, as your friend to send a clear picture of the bracket.

Also, in case I want to buy it, could you ask him the price? Thank you very much.

Below is what I am planning to build..... send your thoughts....

Great ride guys!!! HTB1.rXngxSYBuNjSspjq6x73VXat.jpg
  3. Forced95 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vj22 rgv, crf250
    I contacted Jebtech recently about this, he said it never went into production as he received little to no interest from Husky/SWM owners.
  4. Dalton4four Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Hey Will,

With regards to The whole metal mounting kit.....did joe make that up or did you buy that from somewhere...i am doing a cheap fairing up (basicallyusing the existing front fairing and screen but changing the angle so it will ahve more of a dakar style look to it) and am looking at options.

Thanks,

Wade
  5. NeoGeniX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check out the SWM Superdual 650 mounting frame for the windscreen, has been used on rally bikes for an easy cheap windscreen setup.

[IMG]
  6. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    You mean like this?

It is difficult to blend in stock tank and not look fat. Tried several iterations,and this was last of them... Intention is that change back to normal is possible under 30 mins...So far it looks i have succeeded,just 4 nuts to open tower,disconnect wires,4 nuts to remove whole thing and ready to put stock parts back.
    I used exhaust clamps to install tower to steering tube,and two holes that frame has allready.
    Lighting is handled with hella 90mm bi-xenon,and 90mm halogen if xenon blows. Personal thing,i have once lost all lighting at once in total darknes,so i prefer two lights,with two different power sources incl wires and fuses. No need if you are not driving in dark...

Attached Files:

7. NeoGeniX Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's pretty cool! I am also think about a rally screen setup in the future. Do you have any pics of the mounting on the headstock. Was also thinking about exhaust/hose clamps to mount a tower to the headstock.
  8. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Lower bolts are J,attach holes near radiator attachment points. Had to weld using core wire,so welds are not pretty,hopefully they still do their work.

update,did hold crashtest with flying colours,nothing broke. Welds may be ugly,but they do their work.

Attached Files:

9. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    I can't wait to share with you this pic. To me, it's beautiful

swm-gibraltar-race.jpg
  10. MoNiker Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    610 TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    I thing from the best solutions and it fits almost perfect to 610.

IMG_20200606_130428.jpg
    IMG_20200606_130402.jpg