TE630: should this cooling water be here?

Discussion in '610/630' started by motranqui, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    but does any of you see problems with the level of cold running mototrank? not me!
  2. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 600 f
    As I said: There is no steam in the coolant system at all times. I dont know where did you get that. You are talking nonsense.
    My cooling system is faultless, it does bot leak, does not overheat. Period. It does not need any maintence. The level of coolant never moved a milimeter since the last 3 years.
  3. jellyrug Husqvarna
    AA Class

Must be the only guy I have ever heard of who measures his closed system cooling level with a caliper within a millimeter.

Send us a pic next time you do that.

[IMG]
  4. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 600 f
    How stupid you have to be to take that part of the sentence literally? I know the answer: american dumb.
  5. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    An argument over coolant levels...really. Don't own one of these bikes but coolant level looks fine to me. The bike will find its happy place with the coolant level and if that's its happy place don't worry about it. If your not having any issues with it then just ride it. All bikes will have different levels where the coolant will settle. Most settle around the top of the cooling fins (some below and some above) Imo I wouldn't worry about it unless its starts spitting coolant out or if you check it and its so low you cant see any. Again looks fine to me.....
    motranqui likes this.
  6. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Let's have peace, mates. Of course, Cabosee, I have no taken millimeter literally :)

I agree with Caboose: my TE310 always has had the coolant level a few mm above cells level and never has had an issue (7 years, 14.000 km, a lot of rough terrain, even MX, rocks...)

IMO, as long as the coolant is above cells when the bike is cold, nothing wrong can happens...

That's not mean that if the coolant level is like the pic I show I'm going to have a problem, I agree also with Teambowels.

May be this thread is a "split hairs" kind of thread .... :)
    EricV likes this.
  7. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Hi Rotax

May be there is not a problem with the coolant level in my bike. But then, Why the hell Italian engineers make a "check level" drawing like the one above?

Please, as you're italian, may be you can make them a phone call in order to clarify it :p

;)
  8. jellyrug Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't mind being called stupid, at least some of us have a sense of humor.
  9. jellyrug Husqvarna
    AA Class

In the automotive industry we hire technical writers for their language skills not technical knowledge and like many I suspect Husky farmed that out to be done by someone else. That drawing is not meant for a closed system with an overflow vessel, but rather the older systems employed where weight savings were more important and the coolant pressure release goes to atmosphere via a hose connected to the radiator above the cap release.

As someone else posted this is really a non issue. In a closed system where there is an overflow container it will always sort itself out. Unless the coolant was drained, coolant is always added to the overflow bottle, not the radiator. In the event that the coolant was replaced and filled through the radiator, if it was under filled it will eventually correct itself through taking coolant in from the overflow vessel. In a closed system you cannot over fill the radiator as any excess expansion of the coolant will simply go back to the overflow vessel. If you add too much coolant to the overflow vessel, it will be pushed out the cap a couple of times when at operating temperature and again sort itself out.

Any functional cooling system which is closed, your cars, your bikes, once cooled down will be as in the pictures posted in this thread if you open the cap.

In short, don't worry, be happy.
  10. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Ampelio Macchio now works in swm. She sees her shoulders as she arrives in the engine test room with blue t-shirt

View: https://youtu.be/2pgyre9mmjw

I often read that you criticize the 630 Italian design engineers.
    sometimes you are right sometimes not.
    in this case there is nothing to criticize. I'm sure the photo you messp was taken after filling the cold engine radiator.
    in fact, just start up the engine and turn it up to the maximum temperature to make sure that the level inside the radiators is empty.
    as already said, then the only thing to do and fill up to the brim every vplta that opens the cap to trigger the vessel system communicating with the expansion vessel.
    for the rest unfortunately I do not have Ampelio Macchi's phone to call him but I'm sure you would make great laughs for these discussions ....... a bit useless :-)

without rancory
    Hello
  11. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Sometimes it's more important to do a bit of practice at the workshop than to study 100 books.
    this is a case
  12. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    End of posts now good people????
  13. jellyrug Husqvarna
    AA Class

Perhaps a last word of truth thrown in but with some humor for the fella who does not know what steam is. Water exposed to air always produces vapor, until the air is saturated with vapor. If we heat that water in the English dictionary the vapor is called steam. It's also that little white cloud we see at the gas station when a poor motorist opens something up on his overheated cooling system.
  14. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Hi

I'm not in bad moods at all and I read every comment in a "open - minded" way. As we are all from different countrys and, like me, there are people whose native language is not English, some confusion in the use of language and sense of humor can happen. English native speaker mates... you have a lot of advantage in this forum :)

For instance, my comment to Rotax is in a 100% friendship way and humorous one. If I wouldn't trust Husky's bikes and their engineers... I wouldn't have two units :cheers:

Finally, if jellyrug is right about what he said about liquid expansion depending of temperarure (for sure he is right) then the drawing above makes more sense than ever. When the coolant get, let's say, to the runnig temperarure of the bike , the coolant fill all the empy space that the radiator has at cold -due to his expansion due to temperature-.

For me that's an ideal situation. Only if temperature goes too much above what is supposed to be standar, a bit of coolant goes to the reservoy... and returns once the bike is cold again. As far as I know, the overflow vessel is an "auxilary" device, not a "every-single-minute necessary device".

On the other hand, If we have the radiator 100% full like in the pic, a few minutes from the moment we start the bike, the coolant -due to expansion due to temperature increase- has to go to the overflow vessel.... and again return when cold in a "never end and kind of a bit useless purpose". For me that makes not sense, so, I'm going to have the coolant level like in the drawing. ;)

The drawing is taken for the "owners manual" and it's the same in the TE310 and TE630 ... and I trust it

I hope not, but in case I break the bike, you all could make a fool out of me: I will deserve it. :lol:
    Teambowles likes this.
  15. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Certainly the linguistic expressions of the various countries could create misunderstandings.
    Mototranqui
    Have you news around the your clutch problem?
  16. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F

No news about clutch problem... I will check it next time I change the oil unless the problem goes worse.
  17. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    An update

Yesterday I riden 320 km with bike. Today I looked at how coolant level is in the radiator after I left it as the manual says.

In my opinion, perfect:
    IMG_3320.JPG

As predictable, the bike has not broken...
  18. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    do not use an antifreeze?
    your liquid is very clean and transparent.
    it looks like just distilled water .....
  19. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Yes, I use an antifreeze and the color is green ;)