TE630/RS650 Fork replacement with a te250

Discussion in '610/630' started by vsaltao, Mar 15, 2018.

1. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650
    Just some info for the te630 people.
    A guy in FB in the swm Australia group (dunno if he is here also) put a te250 fork on the R650 (so i think will fit the te630 also) with minor mods only to the brake system.
    He is still beta testing it (to see if it will touch the frame when fully compressed and highway behaviour) but he says that he has a OK sag and that it drives ok (around the block only).
    I have also a te250 spare fork and will try this in the near future in my rs650 and post here.

PS - I have installed the rebound valves in mine RS and it´s way better then stock now, but i think this mod can probably make it even better offroad.

FB_IMG_1520942242221.jpg
  2. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
  3. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650
    The rs650/te630 has even lower fork travel then the te610, it has also less ground clearance. If this realy works its a cheap way to get those back and make them even more offroad oriented.
    Also i have got a spare fork or i wouldnt probably do it :)
  4. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
  5. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650
  6. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650
    well, i have riden the bike after the swap and done all the measures i can think.
    Static Sag with full 12l fuel was at 26,5cm
    staticSAG.jpg

Race sag will enduro boot and armor and my weight (80kg) was around 22cm ( so i guess within the 30% rule that i have read about :) )
    racesag.jpg

I drove it around on and offroad, tried to go over rocks, jumps (little ones :) ) and very hard front brakes (onroad) and in the end the ziptie i had showed that i had 10cm left in the forks.
    AfterCompress.jpg

So i guess altough the spring maybe a little at the soft side, for my type of riding (novice) i can use this setup.
    Also the bike behaved better in offroad, more planted and similar to a "real" offroader. In the Road it was marginaly worst , but i could still go 110-120km/h without wooble on highway so for me its ok :).
    Spice Weasel likes this.
  7. Falco Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800 GS
    Good I have a set that is doing nothing I think I will try it.
  8. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650
    Falco just some notes to easy up the mod.
    If you use the front wheel spacers from a te250 you can directly bolt on the rs650 or te630 caliper.
    On the SWM if i use the stock swm wheel spacer the disk is out of aligment with the caliper (SWM uses a 6mm caliper spacer to align it with the wheel but it does not fit the te250 fork, dunno if it the same on the te630).
    I rode first with the te250 whell spacer on but now i had the 6mm caliper spacer made and use them with the swm spacer (to have the front wheel with the stock aligment).
  9. Kia-ora Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none yet Soon to purchase a SWM
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW r100gspd, Benelli 250 supersport
    I just drilled the caliper bolt holes on the te forks out to 10mm and slid the SWM spacers in the holes to line my caliper up. Used the stock SWM spacers.

Thats my bike at the top of the thread.
  10. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650

Thats probably the best way to do it, but i may need to use them again in my te250 if i brake the ones i am using so i want to leave them stock :)
    Kia-ora likes this.