1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE511 rides 2 (dualsport) and 3 (single track)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    he he he... I ride right from my house in the long summer evenings up to an area about 20 miles from my house, hit a few trail loops and ride home, it's cool and fun. Heck even the curvy road heading up there is fun. The dude in the WRX with the fat muffler was surprised when i went by him in a corner Saturday [IMG]
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Don't ride one, especially for any length of time or you will own one, it sells itself.

Fun on any surface (that should be the mantra for this bike)

[IMG]
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Haha!
    Was it this guy?
    http://vimeo.com/12566837
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thats cool. No it was white with a big goofy wing on the back. Rode his ass for a while and then when I saw a clear 2 corners i blew by then wheelied off. Fun.
  5. Raku Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm game, as soon as the snow allows a good loop. Let me know when you're ready for a ride up here. Got some SWEET stuff to show you.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Email sent [IMG]
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Who said you only can have one bike....[IMG]
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Sounds like a greta bike - that muffler is a biggie though but good if you want to dual sport - the sound of the smaller muffler is also very nice - great actually
  9. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Who said you only can have one bike....

My wife!
    XLEnduroMan likes this.
  10. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    [IMG] this bike is gonna be sooooo good for Husky. thanks for the reviews!

question: are you bleeding the forks in the beginning of that first vid? i thought you should only do that when up on a center stand (?)
  11. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Maybe I am wrong but I think the “should” part is myth. The idea behind that is having the “same” air space or pressure at normal temps- so that your settings Comp and Rebound are predictable. The main idea there is NOT having extreme pressure or vacuum. Many people including me [IMG] look at bleeders as a way to adjust your airspace. IF you have some preload when hitting the bleeders you just created negative airspace. This creates a bigger airspace or softer “air spring” though the effect is minimal. If you hit the bleeders while on the stand there will be pressure when the bike sits on its own weight. If you hit the bleeders when the forks and oil is warmed up you will create a vacuum when they cool. I just tap the bleeders regularly and consider air space when I do. Bit more preload= soft, less or none= normal or harder. In storage I want it equalized at normal temps for how the bike will sit- if on the stand or on with kickstand.

Nice Bike Kelly! nice reports! getting TE envy... I hope someone buys one near me so I can compare!
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes air bleeders, yes you should do them fully extended but as long as they are close to fully extended you will not feel a difference and a mile into it there is pressure built up anyway.
  13. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    got it, thanks guys [IMG]
  14. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Would love to motard it :)
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    it works GREAT on the street. More planted and stable feeling than any other dirt bike i have ever ridden on the street and better than a lot of street bikes. I bet the SM guys love this platform.
  16. Mootak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just parked my 2010 FE450 Berg and ordered up a 2011 TE449 today for my new ride. [IMG] Desert 100 will be break-in day. After reading so many positive points on this new Husky, I have to get some saddle time on one myself. I think going from the Berg to the Husky will be a good evaluation.
  17. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Jeff, that'll be a great testimonial we'll be looking forward to as well.

Is Wattsy going to use one of your bikes again later this year for his course? That would be cool to see him on a new Husky if so. He was frustrated with the trials tire on the Berg last year because it gripped too good during his drifting demo, lol. We were giggling a little bit. He still ripped, though!
  18. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Kelly what was that black dot coming in and out of your vid??? ALIENS [IMG] Where about's in the state are these tracks you rode on? they look good
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Its the sun, the cam does a good job of blocking it out but not destroying the vid. You guy see the sun down there right [IMG] The trails are in NW Washington state. Good stuff but EZ as there is no big hills etc like we usually ride. Good low elevation area when everything else is snowed in.
  20. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

One more question what brand is the camera? I was looking at a go pro

Kel