1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

te449 hot start and idling issue

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mike haupt, May 15, 2017.

1. mike haupt Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    harley 2001 superglide
    does anyone have any info on a diagnostic tool for the te449. will the gs911 tool for bmw,s work for this bike. if not ,which will and where can i purchase it. how much?
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    My bike requires a small amount of throttle on hot starts, perhaps 1/8th. Otherwise it just cranks.
  3. capitane Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450 - 2008
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Virago 535 XV - 2000
    Mine (2008 Husqvarna 450 TE i.e.), also requires a small amount of throttle, but on cold starts. Otherwise, without the small amount of throttle, I have popping/detonations and no start. I took out the spark plug and it's black.
    I've checked the fuel pump, fuel filter, injector, and everything ok.
    But I can not start the engine without a small amount of throttle, and after it starts, the idle is fluctuating between 1650 - 2300 rpm.
  4. overworked Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xr650 l
    Has the secondary butterfly been removed? Reason I ask is that I tried remove mine with map 3 caused all kinds of surging and stalling reinstalled all went back to normal. Awhile back I ran into a new issue while out riding bike would die not start until throttle body did it's r2 d2 thing then would start but die or sputter very frustrating spent days trouble shooting and it literally was the ground at the back of the transmission. Fyi butterfly was a success with pcv installed!
  5. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Interesting you had issues with the butterfly on Map 3.

Heaps of bikes on our FB group (mine included) on map3 and no butterfly. Possibly the start of your earth issue perhaps, and just a coincidence.
  6. mike haupt Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    harley 2001 superglide
    finally got bike back from 2nd shop i left it at (about 175 miles from home ...these bikes not popular in n.y.!!!) it was a combination of fuel pump and ignition coil. what a nightmare . hopefully NO MORE ISSUES!:eek::banghead::D
  7. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Fingers crossed!!!
    Doesn't sound like they knew what it was doing when replacing two components....