TE410E/TE610E ignition CDI - Help & Info

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by NoMad410, Mar 31, 2014.

1. NoMad410 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE410 E
    Just generic stuff, and not much of it. Can't remember the brand, but it was one of those so-called grey "metal" epoxies, with an operating T° of about 150. I didn't case all the windings. Used captan tape for that, and then just put a few blobs to secure the whole thing. I'd do it a bit more professionally now, if I had to do it again!

Anyway, it's still working, although I have now manged to get a replacement alternator very cheaply, so will probably switch back to that. I prefer not to have a transformer that might get a soaking in a puddle on the enduro.

However, I currently seem to be collecting the parts to build a 610 SM, I'd have no qualms putting my makeshift patent stator into that!
  2. NoMad410 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE410 E
    Incidentally, if anyone knows what the type of the 3-phase connector is please let me know!
    Since it only has 3 pins I checked to see if it is from the same Sumitomo series that the coil & excitor wires use (the 4 pin one), which I mentioned above, but it is not!
    Quelle surprise...

I'll add a photo tomorrow.
  3. somesuch Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Great thread and work, shame this website isn't more active. I think if you posted this at advrider.com you would have got a lot more interest and input. I was actually searching for the generator casing gasket and your pic of yours came up, but decided to read the whole thread, not that I could understand most of it!