Te 630 Starting Issues

Discussion in '610/630' started by Mike.cl, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Mike.cl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS
    Hello there,

I own a te630 and I started to have issues with it...
    the bike has only 4600km on the odo and It is always hard to start.... Bought it used couple of months ago.

today my bike didnt start at all...
    I did connect the bike to a car to crank it, but the bike did not start....

When i crank it the neutral bliks once and the orange fuel indicator comes up for a second...
    any Ideas???
  2. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    If you can, try and get it connected to ibeat, it may show something wrong
  3. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    it could be the coolant temperature sensor that does not work properly. if you've seen the neutral gear lights blink, there's something that's not working well. indispensable at this point to connect the motorbike to the Ibeat diagnosis system for vspire if there are anomalies
  4. Mike.cl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS
    The problem was two overlapped things, The battery was low, and the bike started behaving like this after filling at a gas station.
    The fuel rating in my country is not very reliable apparently.

The solution, New motobatt battery and octane booster additive.

the bike is hard to start as usual, but starts....!
    Will check the spark plug and will install PU kit that came in the mail today!

Regards!
  5. Mike.cl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS

Update:

Went for a ride this morning and everything was allright rode the bike for 2 or 3 hours..
    Now wanted to go for a ride and the bike was running "weak" (Low idle even with the lever pulled) and stalled easily.
    After a very short ride, the bike stopped and I cloud not start it again.

Any ideas???
  6. Mike.cl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS

I did connect to iBeat and there is no fault

[IMG]

I have logged the starting procedure!

[IMG]

Here is the exported data to excel

[IMG]

I have highlighted the cranking procedure, in yellow the values that changes the most.

Any ideas???
  7. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Check fuel pressure at injector,including pump,regulator,and filters. back flush may help if there is some debris in injector.
  8. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Do you always have old gas in the tank? try using safe quality gasoline. listen if the fuel pump does the classic buzz when you turn the key
  9. Mike.cl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS

Im using fresh fuel from the gas station (I use additives to increase octane rating), the pump does buzz and the pump is runing.

This post over here:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/630-sm-fuel-problem.26553/

Looks very much like the behavior I had today, and it started as a fueling problem and then turned out to be a voltage regulator problem.

Im looking forward to test the regulator....
  10. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    take a look at this message too. http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/should-i-change-the-voltage-regulator.83706/ check all electrical connections and especially the yellow wires under the tank
  11. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Turn the key/ignition on and press the red button. The fuel pump will do a quick cycle. then press the red button again and again (3 cycles- its a timer system only and does indicate that the system is fully charged) this helps start the bike. Also make sure the throttle is 100% off. Finally I use those newish fangled spark plugs cant recall the name.
  12. Mike.cl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS

I did remove the new battery from the bike and charged it from the wall. the with the battery at 100% (13.1 V) I did put it back in the bike:

The bike had a very hard time cranking the engine it felt tiered but finally it started, (The load to the battery was quite high conections got HOT)
    started logging information with ibeat and here is what I found out:

[IMG]

The bike run for a short period no longer than the prior LOG time but the temperature show very high 95°C.
    and when I rev the engine to 3000 RPM to test charge, the voltage drops to 13.6V

Later during the test I reved the bike past the 5700 RPM and the voltage drops to 13.6V again:
    [IMG]

According to the manual:
    [IMG]

I have never connected a multimeter to the battery, I just use what iBeat reads.

What do you think Rectifier + Temp Sensor ??
  13. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Those iridium plugs give spark more easily,but they do broke more easily too,if fueling is too rich,or engine is not running correctly for some other reason. (for example old gas. Octane booster doesnt help in that situation,actually it makes it worse) fuel Pump is running,if your voltage stays adequate while starting,fine.Actually,i just checked your exel,voltage drops to 7v. That seems too low to me. Try another battery for start. Then proceed,more juice,it starts = bad battery or reg/rec and/or wires. No help=some other reason.
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Thats the name Iridium. Found them to be brilliant on cold starts, anecdotally think they improve MPG.
    I have not had any terminal failures with the iridiums over my 2 huskies ,SWM, Beta and Sherco over the past 8 years. Must say Gas in Oz is excellent quality however.
  15. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    in my opinion the charging voltage is correct. up to 14.5 volts maximum and 13 volts minimum you will have no problem charging the battery. what I see is that you have a faulty temperature sensor. if the sensor indicates 95 degrees celsius when the bike is just lit ....... it will be very difficult to start it because you will have a too lean carburation. A similar problem has already happened to me. It is a problem common to many TE 630. It can be solved by changing the temperature sensor. I have changed it more or less to your mileage
    Look this

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/help-te-630-almost-impossible-to-start-when-cold.25363/
  16. Mike.cl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS

I will get PN 8000H3649, does anyone know if this part is compatible with other motorcycle brands?? (want to get a repacement locally)
  17. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    before buying a new sensor check the values ​​in ohms at room temperature (about 20/22 degrees) you should read a value above 2000 ohms otherwise the sensor is faulty. I also tried alternatives to the original spare but I did not find them ....
  18. Mike.cl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS

If I remove the sensor I will spill coolant all over the place, Right?
    Yesterday I have inspected the cables under the tank and I found only this:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

all other cables look very good, Stator cables, regulator cables....all good...no damages..

I will clean it and see If it improves ..
  19. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    from the photo you put you can see a start of oxidation in the back of a connector. all the connectors must be opened checked and sprayed with deoxidizer for CRC666 contacts (or similar). the temperature sensor with ingenuity and a piece of suitable electrical wire you can verify without disassembling it. check well the connector of the stator that I put in the picture 20180526_154507.jpg
  20. Mike.cl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS

I managed to measure the temperature sensor and got 3300 Ohm at 17°C.

[IMG]

According to this post http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/help-te-630-almost-impossible-to-start-when-cold.25363/page-2
    you are measuring 2400 Ohms at 20°C, can´t tell if is broken or not...

the sensor connector was very clean and dry.

I have noticed that the engine cranks easier without pulling the fast start lever, only clutch.
    What does the lever exactly??