TE 630 Overland Project

Discussion in '610/630' started by Scott Brady, Feb 20, 2014.

1. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Just a suggestion, a lot of us are at 14/42 and would go even lower for off road.

2. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    15/45 is the same final ratio and the larger CSS is easier in the chain. Just saying....
  3. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now that's interesting :thinking:
  4. Scott Brady Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950, Ural Gear Up
    Thanks. The bike came with the extra 14T sprocket, so I went that route.
  5. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Running the oe 14, with the husky 44 rear, wish I could go lower. Still fine on pavement but need more for the single track.
  6. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

Chains are cheap, grin factor is priceless.
  7. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Still trying to decide between 14/45Kush or 15/50Kush. My buddy's 15/50 setup is awesome off-road and OK on road.

8. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    My next setup when I wear out the purty red husky 44 is to run a Kush 45. I am assuming they will have durability issues sorted by then.
  9. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Really not that much difference between the two final drive ratios, 3.21 vs 3.33 (in comparison stock is 2.8). I would recommend 14/45 because then if you dont like the lower gearing or want to gear higher for a road trip or TAT type adventure ride an easy swap out to a 15T CSS and away you go. Keep your chain at stock number of links and it can handle both.

_
    Reflexrider likes this.
  10. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Yup, that is what I was trying to say.
  11. Scott Brady Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950, Ural Gear Up
    First dirt ride since the initial round of modifications. The ergonomics are still off. Need taller riser or taller bars. The peg position is ok, but not ideal. I am thinking of going with the little adapter plates.
    [IMG]
    Sorry the photo is terrible. Only one I grabbed, and with the iPhone. A great ride with a couple friends. Wolfman earning it with the big Tenere.

I have encountered one odd issue. After doing the oil change, the transmission is shifting rough, and neutral is difficult to hit. Any thoughts? K&N oil filter and Rotella oil.
  12. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Is Rotella 10w60? Thats what the 610 uses...

What ergonomic issues did you have with the lowered pegs? My long legs keep demanding more room too...
  13. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I really don't understand the theory of using dino oil when full synthetic came in the bike and is recommended. I will always use the syn oil. There is lots of reasons it is used.
  14. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    We run the Shell Rotella T6 in our Husky's, with SS oil filters and they are doing great. I would take another look at the oil sight glass and make sure you did not overfill. I try to keep the level below the top line, not at it.

I like the look of the red Safari tank on your 630. Believe me, if you can get rid of the stock twin exhaust for a single, do it. It woke up our 630's a lot!
  15. Scott Brady Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950, Ural Gear Up

I used full synthetic Rotella
  16. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I used the full syn Rot T for many years in my bikes, cars, tractors, trucks, etc. Can't prove it, but I believe it's not the product it once was due to compliance with new diesel emission standards. I've gone to the Mob1 Full Syn Hi-Mile products as they have an additive package that isn't "SFI Energy Conserving" rated (more good stuff in it).

17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I used to use rotella until I tried Amsoil. The difference in shifting Is dramatic, especially on the 630. I was skeptical myself, until I tried it.
  18. Scott Brady Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950, Ural Gear Up
    What specific weight/product are you using? I am curious, as the shifting took a pretty negative hit with the move to Rotella.
  19. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Rotella was the T6 5W-40

Amsoil is 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil

If you find a dealer and sign up under the dealer as a preferred customer, you get pretty good prices on Amsoil. You have to pay a $25 a year membership fee, but if you buy enough oil, it pays for itself. I put it in my cars, too, so it works out.

Theoretically, you can go 15,000 miles between oil changes in cars on their oil & filters. I change more frequently than that, though.
  20. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just an FYI, there was a TSB for early production 630s to replace the clutch push rod with a revised product. This was for those bikes experiencing difficulty shifting into neutral from 1st or 2nd.

Bob, do you use the Mobile 1 product in your 630? I use the Mobile 1 in my autos but not the bike due to the wet clutch. Is there a specific Mobil 1 product for wet clutch motorcycles?