1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Robbe144, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Blackbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450
    Beautiful bike if you (op) or anyone knows where I can get that graphics kit side panels and all can you please message me? Thank you!
  2. Robbe144 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SX 125
    Thanks!
    I don't know where to get them. Perhaps someone can chime in.
    These plastics and graphics came in the "parts and goodies box" when I bought the bike. Changed right away :)
  3. MorganD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501 17&19,TE310R 13&14,TE250 2010
    My 14 machine has had multiply problems. First when I was going for a testride with the new starter. The starter freewheel was stuck. Solved the problem and a new testride. Got 300 meters and then the 3rd gear gave up. The picture shows what came out with the oil.

image.jpeg
  4. Robbe144 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SX 125
    What the .... are those? Looks like a small hose and parts of a lever...
    Can they come from when you shot the starter with that monster battery? Or are they just gear parts?
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Looks like a shifting fork in pieces.
    Robbe144 likes this.
  6. MorganD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    From the gearbox. Sits on the side of the gear.
    Has nothing to do with the starter problem. Looks like My engine is a (monday ex).
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    [IMG]
    The shifting fork moves your slider gears to engage with either fixed gears on the the same shaft as the slider gear, or a free wheeling gear on the other shaft. It is moved by the shifting drum, which the little pin on the back end sits in. When you actuate the shift lever, the drum rotates, the pin moves in the groove and the fork moves the gear to engage in another. They usually get bent from crashing on the shift lever. I have not ever seen one just shatter.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    regardless of whatever it is that engine is going to be disassembled, you will eventually find what failed. no need to play guess what part it is, just start digging in.
  9. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Yeah Morgan... not only was your '14 built on Monday (hah), but I believe it was one of the very last to come out of the factory (my '14 came out in 8/2013 IIRC, #00168). I'm not sure if the Euro's & the North Americans version come out together though... what's the last 3 of your VIN?

Your shifting fork was a symptom of something else failing (3rd gear?). Keep an eye open for bent shafts and gouged cases. At this point, you might also want to keep a lookout (on eBay etc) for a used motor or bottom end. I've seen them for $500-2000USD depending on what they're selling.

Sorry about your misfortune. Keep us up to date on what you find and your fixes.

good luck.
  10. MorganD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Gear.jpg
    It's not a shifting fork. You can see the parts on the side of the gear. (pic).
    My chassi number is 114 and engine number is 361.
    The engine is already on reebuild at my Husqvarna "guru".
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  11. MorganD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  12. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    You're probably right... it does look more like the "dogs" on the side of some gears. (your tranny is a 6 speed though- right? that's a 5). regardless, some insanely major failure happened to your tranny. I wouldn't be surprised if you need 2 shafts and most of the gears (basically a new tranny). And still... check the shifter fork shafts & drum.

good luck.

take some good pictures- I'd like to see the damage. That is, if it doesn't bother you.
  13. Robbe144 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SX 125
    Hi again!
    Have been out riding and I'm generally happy with the bike. :)
    Throttle still has an annoying flat spot where front lift should be. (according to me "for now") Took it to the local dealer for a remap but he couldn't connect it.
    What do you think, should I try a new wire harness or send the ECU away for upgrade or buy one of those tuners that you hook up and leave on the bike?

14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Do the ECU first if it hasn't been done- but your bike is so nice, I'm guessing it's been modified/remapped already. Possibly you could borrow one (ECU), to see what difference it makes, from somebody in your country (hi Morgan)? or take it to another dealer (some of them used to do it for free). Gotta be more than one husky dealer in Sweden I'm guessing. Hell, maybe a BMW dealer.

good luck.

Morgan- what's the news on the tranny?
    Robbe144 likes this.
  15. Robbe144 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SX 125
    Ok thanks
    I'll do the ECU first, don't think it's done.
    I'm the 4th owner, I spoke to the 2nd (he bought it oct 2013) and he didn't upgrade, didn't believe the 1st upgraded either. (not sure of course) 3rd owner was afraid of it so nothing done there, bought a mtb instead.. Good thing I found out that the last thing 2nd owner did was to completely rebuild the engine. (oil line came loose)
    So.. if the ECU is done it's spring/summer 2013.

I've read about Zipty flashing ECUs and I guess that's the way to go if there is no one here who can do it. I've checked with Halvards and he doesn't do Keihin.
  16. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    also consider a TXC ECU ('13, '14) too. I'm not too sure about a TC ECU... I don't know if it would work ('12, '13 maybe) but I'm thinking "yes". [and I'm talking about borrowing one to plug into your bike- to see if it makes a difference.]

if you send it to ZTR, insure well ($400+ USD); email or call ahead too.

good luck.
  17. MorganD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Got my motor back yesterday, have already been out for a ride and it works great. The engine block has been welded and recreated were the starter goes into the Engine. Bad Picture but it looks like brand new.
    The gearbox "only" needed a new gear and one fork. I also did some modifications. I pulled the stupid oilline under the motor and plugged it. Robbe144 it sounds like you have an old flash. Why could not (Speedstore) connect to the ECU?
    I have also been thinking about sending the 2013 ECU to Zipty, it works OK but is popping when I release the gas. Now I am swopping the best ECU between the bikes.

HVA_Starterfix.JPG
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  18. Robbe144 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SX 125
    Nice work, good luck!
    Well he said that probably some wire/s in the harness were pinched. (common problem he said) Haven't checked any prices for new harness, I'll call Halvards and check if he has one and what it costs.
  19. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    replace the harness?! is there major damage? ...because that seems a little extreme (and expensive) for a bike that's been running pretty good.

take your ECU in and have 'em put it on another bike to reprogram it (250, 310 ECUs have to be on the bike).
  20. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    hell, I just looked at the wiring diagram for a '13 TE310r... the diagnostic plug has three connections: +12v, Ground, and a pink (?) wire that goes to the ECU (pin 10- betcha it is the serial communications line). that wouldn't be hard to diagnose at all (I'm assuming that the ecu is programmed via the diagnostic plug. maybe not?)

I wonder if the shop realizes that there would not be any voltage on the plug until the (keyless) bike is running... or the power relay is activated at least.

good luck.
    Robbe144 likes this.