SWM is back

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by T.Read, Nov 6, 2014.

1. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Anybody knows if SWM is racing in the enduro or MX championship with their 340 and 250 racing bikes, at least in Italy? Ampelio Macchi, the former Husqvarna leader engineer, is also leading SWM, and I’m sure he misses races because for sure he's got race blood in his veins…. and he would be delighted to win races in the near future... especially against KTM group :rolleyes::busted:
  2. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Nuda 900R & SM630
    I dont think thats gonna happen. It is simply too soon and will cost way too much money.
    Maybe in two-three years.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Plated DS machines are the smart biz move with that segment of growth (like the Italian Husky TE 4 strokes). Makes perfect sense to cert for plates the initial run of machines, that dang 500 looks like a piece for piece build up of the last 450/510 family that already did get certed for 50 state street legal use. That goes for the 650 model as well. Heck as for the 500.....and minor strip down of street gear to covert to "race" bike and you have one of these again.
    http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/off-road-bikes/141_0904_torture_test_zipty_racing_husqvarna_txc450
    one of these wrapped in slightly different clothes.
    HUSQVARNA-TXC-450-8025_1.jpg
    Auto5guy, Norman Foley and troy deck like this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I like the shroud better already.... I hated digging branches out of that connection.... lol
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    The axle/chain adjuster block looks all funky on the swm. Like they're not runnin parallel with swingarm or not welded correctly? Look close
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Shawbagga, they have always been that way with slight changes in the series (there is optical when look from different angles) but yes the they have lug level while the swingarm slopes down. There were swingarm changes in later models- I remember they actually shortened the swingarm so that is most likely the slight angle difference you can spot. If you grab a straight edge you can see its the same going 9into the last of the twin cam 450/510 models- it really is the same die/machining as the last TC/TXC/TE. All the tooling appears to be the exact same as the big block twin cammers including the chassis. Smart marketing no need to reinvent the wheel all the r&d and tooling was just sitting there. re badge new shapes and colors on the plastic, get into production.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Always felt like a missed out on the 450/510s. No one would have to know i put husky bodywork on it :)
    robertaccio, Colo moto and Dirtdame like this.
  9. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I gotta say I haven't had a whole lot of interest in the whole SWM thing so far. Maybe a bit of interest in the superdual. That was until last night. I checked out the 340 again and found myself getting the gigglies for some reason. Made me remember how much I loved the TXC 310. That 340 just might be a step up from the 310?

http://www.swm-motorcycles.it/en/models/sport-racing/rs-340-s/
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    that's a changed machine, that 340 looks it has a WP chassis to me. The other thing easily spotted with the blank off is the no external oil line going upstairs.
    PS heard plans, are only for the 2 big DS models 500 and 650. good news in thinking these things were already certed as their Husky fathers. So they should go through with only the correct amount of $$$ to pay the EPA crooks.
    Speedy Working Motors.....
  11. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    May be worth a trip to Europe to go riding on a new 340. A hut to hut tour out of Italy to Switzerland etc.... Then ship the bike back. Who's in?
    Boogie, LandofMotards and Dirtdame like this.
  12. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    SWM copied the KTM frame.
  13. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    That "RS 340 S" shown certainly is a nice piece for sure "Clay". I like it too.

Must be a Pre-Production Prototype in the photo's though.

Look at the CNC machining on the right side case. That can't be a production piece.

If it is, these things are damned trick right out of the box.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    My missus needs a DS bike some day. I think it's great to have the pasta option again. Especially if it's about 3k less than the Austrian equivalent. Might be time for 7602 and ZipTy to dust off some parts and sell to a new batch of customers if it works out.
  15. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Get me some dates and locations i will look into it seeing as im in uk.. Not promising anything tho.
  16. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Fly to Milan, get to Varese, ride 340's around the test track and go for a trail ride.
    Borrow some 650's to ride around lake Como to Innsbruck via Stelvio pass. Return to SWM hq to give 650's back and check on the nicely crated 340's ready for shipment...
    I'd like to do that.
    GrooveThang, Johnrg and shawbagga like this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would bet they simply contracted WP to build their frames. because it sure looks like a KTM/Husky chassis on the little 4 stroker. WP is chasssis builder among their other divisions.
  18. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    For sure possible but I don't think the 340's are in production yet, so I assume the prototype chassis was likely hand built.

Who was the frame builder for the Italian Huskys?
  19. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ya i noticed the machine marks on the cases too. Pretty sweet looking for sure.
  20. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    3/14/16
    The US SWM importer is officially........Pete Vetrano........Moto Man...Oak Hills, CA. Pete is spending this week at the factory getting a first hand view and up to date info and news direct from the SWM HQ. A RS500R and a RS650R are ready to ship to the USA as soon as the US-DOT import certificates are in place (now almost 3 weeks late delayed by "red tape"). I will post shared info from Pete as this week goes on. A SWM Motorcycles USA facebook page is up and running. A website is under development and should be up within 60 days. Interested dealers are encouraged to contact us at Pete's current e-address...info@motomandist.com, but please wait until after March 22, 2016 when Pete returns to do so.

First SWM models to be available for sale should arrive in August 2016. :cheers:

BTW, I guess SWM is officially the surviving Husky cousin brand and we should probably move further SWM discussions to that forum section to be CH forum correct.
    XLEnduroMan, Johnrg and LandofMotards like this.