SWM 650 -> The 630 returns!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Erik Italhusky, May 29, 2015.

1. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I will buy a 340X. Make it pretty :cheers:
  2. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    I went there on the 21st: here are some photos I took: http://it.tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=0XkRR1xN9rtSgkJkCYK9Wg== and a pair of videos:

We didn't have to buy a ticket and we were allowed to stay very close to the track! I liked the experience.

I saw the SMW tent shown in the Erik's post; there was Ampelio Macchi under it‼ (The man who, AFAIK, designed our beloved Italian Husqvarnas, the twin cylinder Aprilia XVs and probably other bikes, too; this one). I didn't try any bike because it didn't seem that you were allowed to do that. There were SWM advertisements in many parts of the track.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I hope SWM kicks butt. Good to see the old factory back up and making bikes. Very interesting.

rancher1 likes this.
  4. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    The pics of the 650 tank/rad shrouds looks odd to me.
    11205533_1024153310929389_2507398414858179923_n.jpg

10404235_1024153334262720_7704248038918729616_n.jpg
  5. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Horizontally, the bikes appear very similar, although it looks like the rear tail has been shortened, so a bit less room for luggage. Vertically, in these photos, you can see quite a few differences, including a lower saddle, lower ground clearance, lower front fender, shorter suspension, and lower overall height:

[IMG]
  6. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Nuda 900R & SM630
    I think a few of these differences are only an optical illusion. Some things however can be caused because of the Kyaba suspension.
  7. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    The vertical differences are all consistent with the numeric specs given on the website...
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looks the same to me.

Maybe different sag on the springs and a looser chain with the rear wheel adjusted more forward.
  9. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Prices in the Benelux. (Belgium and the Netherlands. The Netherlands is more expensive because of an extra tax):

Silver Vase - B: 5.390 € / NL: € 5.990
    Gran Milano - B: 5.990 € / NL: € 6.690
    SM 650R - B: 6.790 € / NL: € 7.690
    RS 650R - B: 6.790 € / NL: € 7.690
    SM 500R - B: 6.590 € / NL: € 7.490
    RS 300R - B: 6.290 € / NL: € 6.990
    RS 500R - B: 6.490 € / NL: € 7.290
  10. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Looking at the 650, not bad if that translates to the US without a bunch of import fees...

The 630 was $9k when it came out, but then dropped to $6k before I bought mine.
  11. Jason Lainesse Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 630
    hi
    Any specs on revised engine and availability on parts.

Thanks
  12. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  13. Jesper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VT250 Spada
  14. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
  15. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hereby a small interview done by one of the 900nuda forum members with SWM:

1) From what we understand in the press you are aiming in between the top end market which is where the KTM's and BMW's are looking at a price point which is more affordable - do you think there is more in the market in this area? In the enduro segment today we find very few possibilities to buy good bikes at good quality/price ratio. Many users have to buy second hand bikes. We believe that there are in the world many hobby riders that would like to ride enduro but cost of actual bikes is too important, so we address this segment of potential customers. Also in road segment, we start with easy models addressed to riders that doesn't want heavy bikes and also use them instead of big scooters, with good looking bikes and very good quality/price ratio
    2) Will you have a 900 or bigger bike in the future? and will it be a touring bike, naked or "hybrid" like the magnificent Nuda? and when would this come to market? the interesting question for us here is the actual engine for this of course...will it be a factory made engine or a association with another engine manufacturer? If there is a rebored 900 rotax with a beautiful sound..I am a buyer [IMG] Our range will expand both in offroad and road models. Twin cylinder 900cc is for sure something that could be really interesting for us.
    3) We hear you are soon to launch an adventure model, tell us about that. It will be introduced at Eicma, Always on our 650 basis
    4) Your cafe racer style bikes are extremely interesting and the engines are they Husky engines or yours? Please forgive if you have the answers on the web. Classic bikes are first bikes with a new engine, not coming from previous Husky. Thsi engine has been designed here in SWM and will be also manufactured here
    5) Some of us are quite interested in a 2nd bike for touring but with a bigger engine than 650 for distance...will that be your adventure bike? Not for the moment
    6) You know how Europeans are about "where the bike is made and parts" are they Chinese made or are they made at your premises in Italy and Europe? All bikes and also engines are made in Italy. Some parts coming from all over the world, like all the other manufacturers. We are proud of our "Designed and Made in Italy"
    7) Your network of dealers and distributors - Are they all still intact? what the support, parts and warranty like going forward? For export, we have "old Husky" importers but also many new importers. Also for italian dealers is the same. Spare parts and warranty services are really important for us, and it will become a strong point in our offer, also to help users of old bikes where possible
    troy deck and Theo like this.
  16. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    fingers and toes crossed:thumbsup:
  17. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    It really is very very cool that these huskies are being reborn
  18. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    The specs on the SWM website show that the 650 Sumo and Enduro models both carry the same gearbox (using the ratios of the SM630) - does anyone know if the website correct? Or do the Enduro bikes have a wider gearbox?
  19. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The gearbox is the same for the TE and SM.
  20. Jesper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VT250 Spada
    What about ABS? In 2016, all new motorcycles must have ABS in the EU.