1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

stalling issue

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by patgas, Feb 18, 2009.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    :rant:There have been so many threads of this nature that I seemed to have over looked this one. This is the first time I've seen a dealer chime in and say there was a problem and that there was a fix. It would be nice if there was a little more info on this issue, because it is a problem and a nasty black eye for the TE's.

I've gone form winning most of my races to being lucky to even finish, since switching to Husqvarna.

This really piss' me off that I have wasted so much time and money on this problem and now a dealer finally admits there is a problem and a fix.

How many freak'n threads about this subject does it take to finally get somewhere with this problem. :banghead:

fitness2go- let us know if you do this "top secret" mod and if it works for you.

BTW- Thank you Husqvarna for ruining my '08 racing season. :mad:
  2. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Seems to me what was said is there could be a small issue with some like in very few. The FI on the Huskys is very good. With bike properly broken in and set up have not seen any FI problems. Way better than what is comming on some of the J models. As with every MC of today there could be some minor glitches you might have one? who knows. What's your Dlr say? Obviously the Power Commander hasn't fixed it. If you can't fix it Dlr should be able to if not find one that can. It's that simple Later George
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The Power commander has allowed me to tune it to where it runs good, but it still stalls a lot. I think it's the fuel pressure sensor that's causing the stalling. It just shuts off. It even does it sometimes just idling. It doesn't seem to die like a carb bike dies, it just seems like it's shutting itself off.

As far as being better than the "J models", it has the same fuel injector as a Suzuki Quad. We didn't even get the race stuff, we got the stuff they are using on the big fat quads.

"What's your Dealer say"? He says drive 250 miles and drop it off and they'll look at it. Then I can come back and get it in a week or so. It shouldn't cost too much. But, why would I want to leave it with somebody that thinks it's got a Keihin throttle body?

I just need somebody to tell me what this mod is, so I can do it. I have a better shop here than most dealers. I know because I've done work for dealers.
  4. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Is that the reason Suzuki had to stop selling them and send back to J land not the Quads but the MX bikes last year?
    If you have it figured out get the fuel pressure sensor and change it out your self. If you do let us know as their is no such part in this system. Later George
  5. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

My bike is experiencing exactly what Motorhead's bike is doing...cutting out over the gnarly stuff when you chop the throttle and get back on it to launch over a log, root ball or boulder. It also happens to just cut off when the bike is running a little hotter than normal with steady throttle followed by a mini release of said throttle. I can't tell you how many times I have killed the bike when the going gets tough. The worst situation happened when I came up to a medium sized log, chopped the throttle and immediately followed that up with a blip of the throttle only to have my bike die right as I was mid-way over the log almost sending me over the bars! From what I have heard...450 MX bikes have a tendency to cough and die. I really think this is their nature and the fact that I have the Rekluse exacerbates the situation!

George, I have had my dealer play with my bike using the iBeat software, which is totally lame and not very useful (I heard that they should be releasing a new version with almost complete control of the EFI). I will let everyone know how my bike responds to a custom DYNO'd map with the accelerator pump activated via Power Commander! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Motorhead has been playing with his PC III without hooking it up to a dyno. I really hope this "investment" cleans everything up ! FYI...I just got the Power Commander in the mail and it's going to JD Jetting next week.

David
  6. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why didn't you say something in Baja would have hooked up my computer and fixed it. Takes about 5 min. Later George
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    You're right, there is not a replacement part in the system, but according to the wiring diagram there is one in the throttle body.

So you're saying this problem can be fixed by hooking it up to a iBeat?

BTW- You're right fitness, I haven't had a dyno, just using seat of the pants and my right wrist to tune it.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'm just going to have to buy a lap top. I think if I have a lap top I could get this thing running right. I need to set the TPS open and closed points in the PCIII and then do some "live" tuning.

I don't think there's anything that can be done to the fuel map with an iBeat that I can't do with the PCIII.
  9. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Is the TPS is what is causing the stalling issue. My 08 TE450 does the same thing. Hit the throttle,let off real quick,then get back into the throttle and it coughs and dies. Doesn't matter how fast or slow you get back into the throttle either. You don't have to tell me what to do,,just wondered if it is related to the TPS. That way when I take it back over to Harvey to get it retuned he'll have a good place to start to fix the problem. Thanks George.
  10. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

Re mapp

whent for spin the other night and she seems to run lot sweeter low down rev range,and didnt stall but havnt tried any really snotty stuf will keep you informed.
  11. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Have Harvey call me when you do. Later George
  12. r6addict Husqvarna
    B Class

So is everyone experiencing stalling issues has checked their fuel pump? There is a known issue on the 08 450's 510's and 610's where the fuel pump pickup slides in the housing causing fuel starvation which leads to stalls, et al. I thought I'd mention this as the factory is working on a solution for the 09 pumps. Might not be a FI prob but a fuel pump prob...

[IMG]
  13. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was thinking about doing the snack attack MOD!

What does increasing or decreasing the Pressure Regulator do? That's way over my head, but I thought I would ask?

Also, how can you tell if the fuel pump pickup has slid into the housing?
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    It's pretty obvious when you look at it, but like where the black part of the pump meets the silver part the body steps down. There are two fingers that go over this step. ( look right under the yellow line in the picture pointing to the "high pressure pump" ) If the fingers are not over this step, then the pump has raised. It's notched so it only fits all the way down when it's lined up. The zip ties want to slide up and the fingers spring open, allowing the pump to slide up.
  15. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Thanks! r6addict and MOTORHEAD :thumbsup: the zip tie thing makes sense now- really... not being sarcastic-
  16. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

OK George,,,I appreciate it...