1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

stalling issue

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by patgas, Feb 18, 2009.

1. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

im sure this was brought up before? done about 20 hours now and on tight snotty rough stuff when trying to go slow or in the most crappest place she stalls,sure some other people hav had this issue was just wondering if any one sorted it out.i was told of a mod to the throttle body/injection any one tried it.mainly up hill or steep down.:applause:
  2. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

What year model is your bike?
    Alec
  3. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

2008 efi
  4. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

Sorry te450
  5. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

stalling

surely some one should hav some input ?come on guys out again on saturday and noticed this happens mainly on steep downhill.
  6. Doriak Husqvarna
    A Class

patgas,
    you're in the UK I take it? I don't know if the Euro-spec '08 TE's have the optional (USA) power-up kit as delivered or if they come in full epa mode; catalytic exhaust, throttle stop, o2 sensor likie they do here in the U.S.

At any rate, my '08 TE450 was dong essentially the same thing as yours in US spec epa mode (sans throttle stop). I installed the power-up kit and as many will attest, made the bike run properly with minimal if any stalls, flameouts etc. Much better!

You can also search the carb/efi forum here for more info. :shocked::D
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I know nothing about efi... but any chance the fuel is low enough that air is getting into the intake of the fuel pump?
  8. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

power up

i had the power up kit fitted from new,if air is getting into fuel how can i rectify this?not sure if this is the problem because it happens with full tank. very annoying
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Then my theory was incorrect.

The lack of responses to this thread may be because others don't have the problem, dunno. I would search through the archives on TT, not sure what else to suggest.
  10. Brinker343 Husqvarna
    A Class

I was having the same issue. Mine cleared after power up kit and Rekluse. Sorry this is not much help. Maybe try some different gearing. I am a big fan of the Rekluse now.
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

It happens to my 2008 TE 450 more than I would like to admit. I'm waiting for either an EFI update from the factory, but most likely getting the Power Commander, activating the "pumper carb" function and having my bike dyno tuned at a PC authorized center. At this point, I just want it to run smooth and linear like it does most of the time! There is nothing worse than when the going gets tough, the bike stalls.

David

12. birdman Husqvarna
    A Class

I had a similar issue with my 09 TE 450, but i changed the gearing to 14 - 50 i now have no problem. I thought it felt geared tall straight away i also put the standard baffel back in which made it run much cleaner and way easier to ride, a little bit more bottom end! Its now the best thing i have ridden, Berg included!
  13. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here are some of the benefits of the PC V over the PC III....straight from their website. They don't currently have the PC V for Husky, but do make and already have many retrofit units! I sent in an e-mail asking about making one for Husqvarna and will call them tomorrow!

"Fuel Moto offers Power Commander V Retrofit units for many pre-09 applications. Note that Dynojet does not offer maps or product support for PC V when used on pre-09 bikes, however Fuel Moto offers 100% product support on our Retrofit units including fuel maps and a 2 year warranty. Retrofit units will come pre-programmed and configured by our technical dept for your application, mapped for your specific mods and ready to install with specific instructions for your bike. We have a large database of PC V fuel maps which we support and this new module brings tuning to a whole new level. Benefits of the PC V over PC III USB are its smaller size, the ability to add the Auto Tune module for live tuning, and the expanded tuning features for advanced users. We have many applications tested and ready, and we will continue to add to the list of applicable Retrofit units as they become available for each model."

"Fuel Moto offers 100% product support on the new Dynojet Power Commander V. We will continue to build on our map database and we will have fuel maps for most popular combinations. For those of you with unique engine builds and exhaust setups, or are looking for live tuning the PC V will offer an additional Auto Tune module with wideband O2 sensor (dual sensors on Harley /V Twin models) which will allow you to tune in real time. We have already extensively tested this product, for more info contact us at 877-729-4754

NEW Power Commander V Basic Features List
    • Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
    • USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
    • 2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
    • Gear/Speed input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
    • Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
    • With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
    • Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
    • 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
    • Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)

Auto Tune for PCV (all models)
    • “Auto Tune” kit will be available that includes Wide Band O2 sensor(s) and control box(es). It will plug directly into the PCV and allow automatic fuel adjustments.
    • It can make a map for each gear and on a Harley Davidson models it can map each cylinder separately for each gear if needed. (basic settings would make one map for all gears)
    • Each map cell is individually adjustable so you can specify an exact AFR value for each area if needed."

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    ***Quite a difference between the two units!***
  14. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Isn't stock gearing 13/47 very similar to your new gearing of 14/50?

15. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Could be that the throttle body is one that needs a little mod done to it. Your Dealer can check it out and do it if it isn't right. A few are needing this mod. One sympton is the Idle adj screw just doesn't seem to work then this mod needs to be done. Later George
  16. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

My idle adjument screw doesn't change the idle much one way or the other...even when I screw it all the way in or out. George, what is this MOD?

David
  17. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ship it down and I'll do it. If it were told people would try it and mess it up. Later George
  18. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Thanks for providing that- gives confidence to hear there are solutions to some of these guys problems- that sound so similar and seemingly too common. I assume its in a service bulletin that all dealers should be familiar with.
  19. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pat,
    call Mark at NTB: 01904 750101
    If you send him your CDI and Throttle body he can make sure it is all as it should be. There were afew mods to do to the early 08 models and should have been done at the dealership before they were sold or picked up at a service. If yours was a very early one it may have been missed. Your fault has cropped up before.
    Regards,
    Alec
  20. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

mod

yep hav spoke o mark,sent ecu to husky sport and they remapped with up to date mapping not yet tried it though,wich they chaged me £12 to do and £14 postage was a bit pissed about as in my oppinion should hav been done for free.next stop will be throttle body(injection mod) cheers for input.