1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Splitting the Case of a 2010 wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by LBBKserg, Oct 16, 2017.

1. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Copper washer for a drain bolt ?
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Get yourself a blind hole bearing puller for those bearings. Trust me it will come in very handy and you won't be sorry you have this for a later project.

I just bought a nice set myself like the picture below from Amazon and it was only about $45.00.

Already used it to extract a few bearings on my spare original BMW G450X engine while freshening it up. The TC 449 engine that's in the frame now is coming out and it will get the same treatment.

OS001466-1-hotboomu.jpg

• [IMG]
      9pc Blind Hole Internal Pilot Bearing Gear Puller Slide Hammer External Removal Repair Kit
      by SUNROAD
      $43.59 $ 43 59
      FREE Shipping on eligible orders
      Product Features
      Package Includes: 1 x Set of Blind Hole Bearing Puller Kit; 1 x User's Manual
    pvduke likes this.
  3. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    05crf450,07yzfr6,08xcf-w250,01exc525
    No its really small fell out engine when i was fliping it over so not sure where it would go. was kind of thinking it goes behind that black washer type of thing in the manual it doesn't even show the black one..
    ya i got one that has the set on the left but not on the right thanks!
  4. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    C474710F-177A-41C1-BB8B-B7C9F5C93925.jpeg
    All new bearings in the engine getting ready for assembly
    Used the oven to heat the case and “sweat” the bearings in I had in the freezer
    bax3, shawbagga, Hurky and 1 other person like this.
  5. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    put the seals in
    (feel like putting them before the bearings would've been better as if you don't seat the seals properly its hard to get them out )
    the left crank case seal didn't seat properly at first and took a little force to pull it back out(didn't use the sealpuller as that can easily ripit) but i still might've damaged the spring so I'm probably going to order new one
    image3.jpeg
    used three bond liquid gasket around the seals before install
    used sockets the size of the seals and a rubber mallet to seat them
    image2-3.jpeg
    Installed the transmission they spin freely
    used lm48 installation paste on where metal too metal connected again.
    image1-6.jpeg
    can anyone confirm that this top fork is proper?
    the other two forks notches are directly seated to the back of the ridge
    my disassembly picture looks like the drum is in the correct position
    but don't know if the top fork is suppose to seat to the back of ridge like the other two
    I played around with it and theres really no other way it would go back on just trying to double check thanks!
  6. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    so finally after so many months of waiting everything is finally falling into place time to close up the case
    IMG_7548.JPG
    used the heat method to put the crank in
    heat the case too 200degrees for about 10 mins and have the crank in the freezer at why'll the case is heating up.
    IMG_7542.JPG
    everything looks properly seated and ready for the other side to be pressed on

IMG_7655.JPG
    using the tusk crank installer keeps lope siding onto right side i put a heavy duty clap on the other side no matte what been doing i feel restriction on the front sprocket bearing although its as seated as it the tranny side/ the bearing side gets. scared to keep cranking on it as it lopesides

( looking at the picture just now and the website https://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/husqvarna/2010/wr-300/transmission?fam=Other) is number 24 and 25 looks like it belongs on the out side did not notice (i took it apart and left it like how it came out changed that o ring)

will be trying right now and report later

having problems wth my snowbike also feel free if your part of ktmtalk http://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?541107-2001-ktm-525-exc-timbersled-starting-problems too look over and respond to my thread thanks!

Attached Files:

7. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes it took some heavy duty vise clamp but it came off i should have no problem closing the case now! can hopefully kick her over tonight! will update with videos and more pics
    bax3 likes this.
  8. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    Not sure if I'm seeing things but looking at your post 21 , it looks like a different bearing . Did the sleeve from the old bearing stay on the output shaft ?
  9. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hope this post doesn't break any rules.. If anyone is looking (please let your friends know - thank you).. I have a almost complete Husqvarna WR250 engine for sale (sorry I do not know what might be missing).. Bottom end was recently rebuilt by Rob Lang Off-Road with new bearings (see invoice).. Transmission is the 5 speed wide ratio (WR250 came with 5 speed close ratio).. Please see the "Classified Section" for more information (Awaiting moderation).. Thanks and cheers.. :cheers:

Attached Files: