1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Splitting the Case of a 2010 wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by LBBKserg, Oct 16, 2017.

1. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    05crf450,07yzfr6,08xcf-w250,01exc525
    IMG_6628.JPG
    tusk separator is on
    IMG_6631.JPG
    first case split is a success!
    justintendo likes this.
  2. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    what I discovered
    : IMG_6634.JPG
    this is the bearing that the push rod keeps rubbing against and exact width grinding where the push rod keeps grind down
    image3.jpeg
    but if you look to the right of the actuator arm it is heavily ground into the case it self (the size of the pushrod tip)
    IMG_6636.JPG
    this is how the push rod is suppose to be resting against the actuator arm IMG_6635.JPG
    it appears the pushrod is going a little to the right (guessing when installed) and missing the actuator arm causing it to rest in the case and pushes off the case, it still touches the arm enough to shift proper but at the same time its misaligned from being head on the actuator arm cause it to touch it at angle and gets rubbed against the bearing (causing it to grind down and break)

so I'm not sure what to do about this now I do not think I should have the crank rebuild, maybe replace this one bearing and get a new actuator arm.
    what are your guys thoughts? am i going to need to replace any seals putting it back together? really sick of putting money into this thing ha
    gaz likes this.
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

4. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    nice ya guess I decided going to have the crank rebuilt by Mrcrankshaft, replace all bearings seals and gaskets, get a new actuator arm with a new pushrod just to do a complete job
    the transmission cogs look good
    sent in the crank today should arrive there 11/6
    IMG_6638.JPG IMG_6642.JPG
    5 speed tranny pulled
    IMG_6643.JPG
    getting ready to pull all the bearings out the case
    lankydoug likes this.
  5. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Nice work, I made a little video installing the bearings in the crankshaft of my WR300, maybe you like it:

Regards.
    LBBKserg likes this.
  6. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    Now I don't claim to be an expert on these engines and haven't had a newer husky engine apart and someone please correct me if I'm wrong . In looking at the parts breakdown , your clutch pushrod works through the mainshaft and the mainshaft rides in the bearing in your case by the actuater . Looking at your pictures , to me it looks like the mainshaft is preventing the pushrod from hitting the bearing . If that bearing is bad , wouldn't that end of the mainshaft also be moving ? On the actuater side of the mainshaft , is there a "step" inside the shaft where the pushrod goes thru ? How is the flat bearing and the surfaces it rides on in the clutch (on pressure plate )?
    LBBKserg likes this.
  7. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    ha nice video! did you purchase a oem seal kit and redo the seals? or just the one that comes with crank bearing? and you replace any of the other bearings?
    i see that you left the shift drum in is it because you couldnt figure out how to take the plate offf on the other side where after you take the shifter off? because the manual says take two bolts off and then it comes off. But there's only one bolt and looks like you have to hit out with a hammer on the other side didnt want to break it so i left myn in but i want to check the bearing it sits in.
    yes i just realized that it fully inserts into the bearing so it would not be rubbing against the pushrod, the bearing needs to be replaced spins good then kinda locks up. yes there's a step from the side you insert it in about an inch in then its solid hollow all the way to the arm, flat bearing seems to be good might aswell order a new one tho, and the surfaces all look good no warpage that i can tell
  8. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    Bearing might be locking up due to shavings , maybe try cleaning or replace for piece of mind . I had a suspicion the mainshaft had a step in it . So back to the pushrod , is the wear on the rod same length as the step ? Is the inside of the mainshaft where the step is 'chewed up ' ? Hole on mainshaft larger than it should be ? Or pushrod too small of a diameter ? Maybe someone can measure and compare to yours .
    LBBKserg likes this.
  9. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeah bearing forsure getting replaced, as for the main shaft I did some better looking at it it seems like a faint step(might be makingit up ha its really hard to tell) it doesn't looked chewed up shining a light down the shaft in either direction. is it a bad mainshaft or is the bearing causing the problem?
  10. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:

IMG_6649.JPG
    grinded rod
    IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_6654.JPG
    step on the other side of the shaft
  11. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    Have you been able to compare your parts with others ? I'm looking at your pictures and on the 1st picture it looks like there is a band of lighter colored metal on the mainshaft where it goes into the bearing . It may be the lighting or just the picture but is it curved or even around the shaft ? On the same picture looking at the last gear , it looks like the wear on the gear teeth is more towards the next gear . Is that the same all the way around that gear ? Maybe just an illusion in the picture .
    LBBKserg likes this.
  12. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    I've put all new seals in, the two crankcase seals were OEM, I got the rest over my local bearing shop for cheaper.
    I only replaced the two crankshaft bearings with new OEM SKF, the rest were in good shape and I did not change them.
    In my case I did not open the bottom end for a needed maintenance but to install a different gearbox, everything was in really good condition but I changes the main crankshaft bearings just in case, no real need to have done so.

BTW. The long ratio 5 speed from 2001 is way better in my opinion for enduro.
    Cheers.
    LBBKserg likes this.
  13. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    the gears look really good , the shaft looks pretty good too the pictures defiantly created an illusion.

going to clean the whole case and paint the scratched up covers and make it look fresh from a crate :d and I'm waiting on a seal kit, crank bearings, mrcrankshaft just rebuilt my crank so that should be here anyday kind of a waste of money crank was still pretty good, the transmission bearings, well I hope its everything I'm going to need for it to run super proper

Thanks everyone that helped me so far and responded will make a video of me kicking it over for the first time!
  14. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey! so I ended up pulling all the bearings seals and gaskets and ordered new ones taking forever too come finally waiting on the last transmission bearing that caused all of this to come here within the next week... hopefully.
    image1.jpeg
    right side about ready for assembly
    image5.jpeg mr crankshaft rebuild.
    image2.jpeg painted the covers candy red
    image3.jpeg
    anyone have tips on how to pull these small bearings my pullers are all to big
  15. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    image4.jpeg
    i have no idea where this spacer and washer goes can anyone help me findout!? cant seem to find it in the diagrams anywhere!?
    Update: i believe it goes on the crank shaft
  16. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    https://www.halls-cycles.com/images/PDF/Husqvarna .PDFs/2010/WR 250-300_2010 .pdf

Have a look at page 34, parts 5,16,8,23
    Or page 40, part 21, there is a washer at the end of the secondary shaft, I would think that's the one...
    Could also be the washer that goes on the crankshaft nut (page 38, part 14) but I would say that this washer is way thicker and yours is pretty thin so I would count on the one on the counter-shaft.

If you can't figure it out I think I have another of these washers on my WR300 transmission shafts, I could measure it for you..

Regards.
  17. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Regarding those bearings, I would not bother changing them if they are fine, but if you want to do so, I have seen several times people welding a longer rod to the inner race and just pull them out, it's easy if you have a welder.
    The correct way is to get a proper bearing puller.

Cheers
  18. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    ya I just them bought also they were 10$ so i figured id replace them also there still good so probably just going to leave them.

when i was taking it apart, only thing i didn't label because i thought no way ill forget (mostly remember it had something to do with crank shaft) almost three months later i forgot haha.. its the thickest washer i think its part 14 page 38 number 21 is still on there and that spacer i believe is number 6 page 38
    thanks so much!
  19. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    image2-2.jpeg
    any idea where that small copper washer goes on?
    image1-5.jpeg i know that other one goes like this

thanks!
  20. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have the Husqvarna bearing pullers for those bearings but we are at opposite ends of the state. They usually last a long time so replacement is usually just for feeling good.