SM 630 Radiator

Discussion in '610/630' started by waterproof, Oct 24, 2011.

1. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    So, my new radiator is "On truck for delivery."
    My normal UPS delivery time is ~11am.
    UPS doesn't deliver after 7pm.
    It's 6:40 right now.

This is the calm before the storm...
  2. baxterzach Husqvarna
    A Class

I feel really lucky to have got as many miles out of my radiator as i have, seeing how everyone is having so many problems with there stock ones too. Does anyone know if there is an other model thats is compatible with my sms 630 ? Like a 610 maybe ? I would just buy an other stock one but the dealer quoted me 195 just for one side and i would rather spend that money on something that wasn't gonna break on me agian for no reason .
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    The TC/TCX 250 radiators are almost identical but a bit thicker. You have to tweak a hose and the fan bracket a bit, but they fit, and there are tons of aftermarket 250 radiators for 1/4 the price of the Alexons for the 630.

I bought a set and checked the fitment while I had the motor out, but I haven't swapped them on. I'll wait until I spring another leak.
  4. baxterzach Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for the info man, i checked ebay and they are cheap, 85 bucks for the pair and i found a pretty nice bracket too, do u know if that would work or not ?
  5. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Probably not a direct fit with the 630 tank...
  6. STANIMAL Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    WXE260
    Awesome , something else to look forward to .
  7. kuzmich Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Xr250Baja
    Unfortunately,I had toorder a newleftradiator,do not understandwhy, but there'sacrack, a motorcycledrove17690km.
    IMAG1338.jpg IMAG1341.jpg IMAG1342.jpg
  8. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

I'll tell you why, because the people at Alexon don't know how to make radiators...
  9. riz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 630, 2012 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vespa S150, Honda XL200 Scrambler
    true, mine cracked after only 5000km...and apparently husky has less than perfect aftersales service too...out here at least.
    claimed warranty for my right side rad and it still ain't here after 4 months...
  10. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Well you've got bad timing, the warranty service on the older bikes has been almost nonexistent. You can still order parts though.
    If I were you, I'd be tempted to go the alternate route and pick up some aftermarket radiators.
  11. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    maxyb said:
    New radiators (GPI from ebay) to replace my original ones that were bent as a banana. The GPI aren't the best quality (reflects their $120 price tag) but they have some decent longevity reports I've read here.
    For who is wondering the 2010/2011 te250 radiators were the ones i bought that were the same as the 630

Oldies
    [IMG]

New radiators
    [IMG]

Also got some radiator braces and guards from 7602 and an oil filter cover, all really good quality parts.

New Gear
    [IMG]

In the last shot you can also see some 510 pegs i got from a mate and painted black - they are much better than the 630 pegs, and a straight swap over (need the 510 springs)
  12. riz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 630, 2012 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vespa S150, Honda XL200 Scrambler
    yea I was thinking of heading into the ebay aluminum rads like you did...we'll see how this goes in a month or so. Not in position to spend money on the bike is all :banghead:

so far, epoxy plastic steel on the crack is doing wonders. I hope it'll outlive the slow delivery...seems like they're walking from Italy to Indonesia :mad:
  13. Tonkatoytaco Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Are the 511 and 630 radiators same size? Was looking at 7602 radiator bracket and guard and and they dont make one specifically for 630 but have them for 511. Can anyone assist? Thank you
  14. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    I read a thread some where about the tc/tcx 250 radiators. My 630 is new to me and the left was replaced and the bike came with the new right in a box of parts. The right has a different lower connector. It is bent upward instead of straight. I am not sure these are 250 radiators, just told that they were. I like that they are a little bigger and the material seems thicker. I will figure out how to install it as my right looks like it has jb weld on it.
  15. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

I don't believe so.
  16. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
  17. Tonkatoytaco Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    So come to find out I need a new radiator. I'm going to replace both sides, what brand AMD what do you guys recommend? I also want to get the brace and guard for it this time as well. Can anyone give me insight please? Thanks
  18. Tonkatoytaco Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Has anyone purchased or used Motoxotica radiators and guards? They are a little more expensive id be in the $500 range for both radiators and guards. But am trying to find out if its worth the extra money? Please help me out
  19. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I bought a replacement radiator from Motoxotica. Same part number as original.
  20. Tonkatoytaco Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    So what your saying is im getting stock Husky parts from them? and ppl on here are saying not to get husky because they obviously dont hold up and ppl where getting the china ones.