SM 630 Radiator

Discussion in '610/630' started by waterproof, Oct 24, 2011.

1. waterproof Husqvarna
    AA Class

I need help finding LH (as you sit on bike), radiator for 2011 SM630. Looks like vibration has cracked it, of course my warranty expired last week! Does not have to be Alexon, another brand is fine as long as shrouds and connections will fit. Any help or advice is welcome, now, where is my JB Weld......
  2. partypage Husqvarna
    AA Class

i hope someone can chime in on this one too. Mine is almost 6 months old and with no warning it sprung a leak where the bottom smooth part is attached to the finned part. It is the left radiator too. i am going to try and get it to my dealef and see if they will cover it.
  3. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

These folks might be able to help you out. Or, perhaps, a neighborhood radiator repair shop.

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/newshop/
  4. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

For what its worth,we do have left and right 630 radiators in stock.dan
  5. waterproof Husqvarna
    AA Class

Perfect, I would like to buy the left, I'll check your website. Thanks
  6. waterproof Husqvarna
    AA Class

Problem solved, thanks to Dan. Thank you too Janet, and good luck Partypage, call MotoXotica if your dealer lets you down!
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The alexon radiators are prone to cracking from vibration. I would check to see if some of the other radiators (toyo) that husky uses might fit, otherwise you guys are probably in for more of the same.
  8. waterproof Husqvarna
    AA Class

Probably so, I ride this bike on the freeway for 17 miles to the twisty bits, so, a year plus of 75 miles an hour (or so), for extended periods of time. Add a couple of hours every weekend of "spirited riding" plus a wheelie here or there, I am grateful for the bike holding up so well. Loctite rules!

But, it won't keep the rads from cracking. I couldn't find a Toyo or KTM equivalent. I'll keep researching and post up if anything happens.
  9. Maico450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    I just had a similar problem with the right radiator on my TE630. Leak developed when bike had less than 600 miles on it. PJ's in ABQ took care of it promptly. Sounds like I will need to start looking for more reliable replacements. :confused:
  10. bpowa Husqvarna
    B Class

uummm.. that is my dealer..lol 1.5 hrs away..
  11. NVR2L8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF230 KLX300
    Holy Cr** just had my right radiator crack, (2011 TE630) I think I'm good though I bought the bike brand new last September so i should make it under a waraanty repair by about a month. Has anyone developed a fix or mod for this? Any Idea's how to reduce the vibrtions to the radiators??? with only a month left I don't want the left one to go in Novemeber.
  12. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Mine today- the left (630 also, 4K on it.) Now mine appears to be leaking from the neighborhood of the inner edge/side (closest to the frame) about half way up. Can't see precisely where though - all I see is coolant in the fins and it shows at and around the upper edge of the smooth bottom piece, and then of course dripping off the bottom of the smooth piece. I've looked and looked, rode, and looked again, wiped, rode, looked again, and can't see any obvious spots other than the radiator itself (no leaks at clamps/hoses trailing down)- must be another shot radiator. Awe-fargin'-some. Not a warranty thing- I've had the bike 15 months.

Can anyone clue me in as to what the new one will run me? Dreading this as I just had 1K in unanticipated car repairs. If you can't quote prices here please e-mail me at erv5er@gmail.com.

Thanks guys- between the no start thing at the start of the day and now this I'm sure thankful for CafeHusky.
  13. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sheesh! Have done more than 15000 kms and it´s a few years old. If it starts leaking on me, I´ll bin the thing.
  14. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Well, that's encouraging then. Sounds as though quite a few are having issues, but if you've been fortunate with the alexon that's somewhat encouraging (as- as far as I can tell- we haven't other options.)

Is repair a bad idea? I haven't a clue on the pros and cons, and suppose it would have a lot to do with where exactly it's leaking, who does the repair/technique used, etc. I ask because one, it may be an option and two, could replace and then use the repaired original as a back up for next time.
  15. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I think you all jinxed me. Here at around ~7000 miles, my right radiator (near as I can tell) has sprung a pinhole leak. I let it sit and idle til it was hot, but couldn't find it, but then a short ride down the street and there was a spatter of cooling down the right side. Looks like it may be from the innermost tube, halfway up...
  16. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Yep, that's where mine was - innermost tube 1/2 up. That sucks...hate the have the cooling system unpredictable/undependable. Dirtdame, in another thread, said there's a Toyo replacement - said its a husky part number but no more info (meant to ask for clarification and just haven't yet.) For what it's worth the swap was easy and quick (a bit messy, but straightforward except my lower shroud mounting hole - the one behind the annoyingly poor attaching 630 badge/covers- wouldn't line up...had to slightly flex it to get the small bolt home.)
  17. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Good news, wasn't the radiator... loose hose was spraying a fine mist into the fins and i couldn't reproduce it sitting still and running. Pulled the tank, pumped up the system. Why is it dripping...over there?

ETA: turns out it was the radiator too...
  18. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Does anyone have an opinion if radiator guards would prevent these failures?

19. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Dunno, really, but it seems unlikely as the root cause in many instances is the vibration (at least that's the theory)...so the goal would be less rigidity (which is why the good folks at MotoExotica included with mine a set of rubber washers.) Now the washers may be a wash, so to speak, as you're still tightening up against them pretty well so my guess is that vibes will still be as much of an issue, but it sure can't hurt either.
  20. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG] Motosportz makes a nice product. It's on my 610, but should fit the 630