1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Slip-on silencer suggestions for TE511?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tinken, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    California .....:censored:

Santa needs to treat all dual sport motorcycle owners with new exhaust systems before the end of the year!
    I think I will order a new Mega Bomb and a new system for the te310 now :thumbsup:
    Tinken likes this.
  2. drdfblackm Husqvarna
    AA Class

No Tinken, I have one of Ty's TXCs. Yes it is the Factory 4.1 RCT and Megabomb. It is hella loud without the "spark arrestor plug" in. Let me try and make a video.
  3. drdfblackm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here you go. Best I can do in the garage with my phone. Didn't want to rap it out too much because it was cold so didn't really hear how loud it can get. Oh yeah, just now putting on my new to me SM wheels, so not fully buttoned up.

4. TE in RC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    98-ATK 605 2011-TE250
    Video says it is private.
    Tinken likes this.
  5. drdfblackm Husqvarna
    AA Class

How about now???
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Works! Looks great and doesn't seem too loud. Did you have the spark arrestor/quiet plug in?
  7. drdfblackm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes I do. Sounds super awesome without but ridiculously loud!!
  8. TE in RC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    98-ATK 605 2011-TE250
    Sounds good and not too loud as Tinken said above.:thumbsup:Thanks for the clip.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha

TC449 header to TE parts:
    1 - 8000 H5995 Gasket
    1 - 8000 H5992 Flange
    1 - 8000 H5994 Sleeve
    2 - 8000 H5393 Springs

[IMG]
    Raywoo likes this.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Thirty dollars for a spring, really? Why did I buy a Husky again? Oh yea, I remember now...

TC449 header to TE parts: $158.78

1 - 8000 H5995 Graphite Gasket $24.15
    1 - 8000 H5992 Flange $35.88
    1 - 8000 H5994 Outer Sleeve $66.97
    2 - 8000 H5393 Springs $29.28
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I gotta say that overall I havent found Husky parts to be any worse than Honda for prices....and I have to buy very few of them.
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    cheaper than oem KTM parts, that's for sure. But that Outer Sleeve and flange are way over priced. Ty designed a prototype that was better and FMF manufactures the part. Hopefully I can use one of those.

Went to go pick up my new exhaust today, but it was stolen from the shop. Thankfully have one on order to pickup in a few days :)
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep. I just priced them trying to figure out how to get a proper headpipe mounted on our new TXC310R we will be racing this year.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Megabomb is good for 310s, powerbomb is much better.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    That is the goal, but nobody seems to want to sell us one yet.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Zipty has a ton of them, maybe can be modified to fit the new R heads.
  17. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Finally got my adapter set for my TC header.
    In the image below, #3 is misleading, it is a copper ring gasket that fits inside the head and #5 presses against it. I substituted Moose Racing stainless steel springs for husky springs since they were $13.95 for two vs. $50 for two. The end of the header actually fits inside of #5 and not around it and presses against the copper ring gasket.

[IMG]

And here is what Santa left for me under my Christmas tree:

[IMG]

Almost identical to Drd's system, except for the modified insert. This is the full GYTR race system used on the factory bikes @ Zip-Ty Racing. Stainless steel Megabomb header, mid pipe and titanium factory 4.1 blue anodized rct.

[IMG]

The insert can be created from a stock insert that is bored horizontally. Then a custom wire mesh can be welded on the interior of the quiet plug. This allows enough gas to pass in order to tune to peak hp and still keep close to a 96dB tone.

[IMG]

This is the stock unmodified 94dB quiet insert, but constricts a little too much.
    Bellow is the insert from a Akrapovic TC exhaust and has been modified in a similar fashion, but this one does not have the screen over the tuned ports.

[IMG]

Another mod is to purchase just the GYTR spark arrestor and use double sized screen. I don't have an image of mine yet, I will remove it from the silencer and post an image later.

[IMG]
    motsitruc and Desertyucca like this.
  18. drdfblackm Husqvarna
    AA Class

AWESOME I have too much snow to do much of anything right now.
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    This pertains to riders in California.

California SB435 LAW changes concerning Loud Motorcycle Exhaust Pipes. It looks like the LAW comes into power on the 1st January 2013. However, from 1983 performance exhausts must have a DOT approved sticker ? For us folks in California that means a fmf has to have a sticker !!! - So if you buy a exhaust after the 1st, have them back date your receipt... haha. Damn Harley people...

20. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    The constant struggle between noise and power!

I didn't see that one pictured above in the TC parts pdf, but it looks like one of the 'quiet' inserts I've ordered (but who knows with website stock images). I spent a bit of time trawling through Akra pdf's trying to find compatible inserts for my full Akra Ti EVO system to knock the noise down but not power. Hopefully both ones I've ordered turn up before I'm at the track early February where they have a calibrated db meter. With the pipe fully opened up it's too way loud (no idea on db), with the provided insert (P-SA004) it's way too restricted and down on power. Does let you hear some awesome induction noise though...

Pic of the size diff between opwn and restricted Here Ignore the crack in the CF, don't move bikes when you have an inner ear infection and no sense of balance!

I have no idea what the inserts look like so I've ordered blind, I'm assuming that they fit as the P-SA004 insert supplied with my pipe is also listed in the Akra PDF's for other bikes (eg. CRF250R) where the other inserts were listed as optional. I'll post up pictures and noise readings when I get to the track.

On order are both Akra items;
    P-SA014 - 2 Metre Max insert and
    V-TUV077/Ti - Noise Reduction Insert.

Ultimate aim is to get the noise *just* under the limit without sacrificing too much power.