Skyda and ignition covers update.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I know several here have been asking when the new skyda covers will be done so here is a little update. The covers are currently waiting for their turn in line to be anodized. The shop in Denver that does our anodizing is one of the few to not be in financial trouble so they are busier than normal. With a little luck they will be done and ship to the engravers this week. So the new covers should be back in my hands and ready to ship the 1st or 2nd week of the new year. Happy holidays my fellow Husky riders!
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Here's a pic of the new ignition cover. This was the first prototype so please excuse the rough edges.

[IMG][/IMG]
  3. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Looks good just the way it is...:thumbsup:
  4. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Colo moto,
    Very cool! I love trick pieces. They make a cool bike even cooler.
    Could you make a cover for the vintage sector, especially the 81/82' and 83'?
    Rick
  5. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Oh it will be mine!!!
  6. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Damn, the cost of my birthday gift just went up :eek: Hope my wife can deal with it :doh: I want both covers, they are sweet :applause: :thumbsup:
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Sweet :thumbsup:

$?$?$?
  8. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Clay,

How close does the shifter come to the case? Just curious because i know some have talked about theirs rubbing. It just looks close in the picture. You know me, Ill take mine plain with whatever logo is on it. Just like my Skyda cover. I like the red. I just cant talk myself into ruining the color with my boots.

My wifes birthday is in a week. I cant wait to get her one for my bike.:lol:

Mike
  9. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Mike,

The shift lever clears the cover by a pretty good amount, but it is flexy and it will rub the cover. I pulled the cover back as much as possible for max clearance without sacrificing the internal clearances or the thickness of the cover. The colors are black, grey, and red. logo will be small and simple. Price will be 139.99
  10. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Is the gray an actual anodizing color or is it raw finish color with a clear or something? Like my Skyda cover.

mike
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    The grey is what they call clear anodize, but for durability sake it is really thick so it comes out looking like grey paint. Unfortunately I have switched anodizers, twice, since your cover was made (long and expensive story) so your cover and the new grey will not match. Here's some pics so you can compare the two. Yours in top photo, and new grey on bottom. pic doesn't show it, but the new is a little darker than it looks in the pics and doesn't have the metalic luster yours has.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
  12. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

ignition covers

are the ignition covers for the TXC and TE models only ? do you have one for a TC ?? am changing on a 450 rr from a TE stator and rotor to a TC unit, will need a new cover ....:excuseme::excuseme:
  13. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    huskyfrk,

The new ignition covers will fit all husky 250/450/510 models except TC 250 and the 2008 TE's

all TE models 2004-2007
    TC 450-510 2004-2008 probably 2009 too
    all TXC models

Thanks

Clay
  14. black raven Husqvarna
    B Class

hello huskyfreaks,clay little update again please,cant wait to order them.greets to all off
    you,from me in little cold belgium
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    The covers are currently at the laser engravers. Small chance they will be back here in the shop late this week, but most likely next week. I will post up pics when they arrive.

Black raven,

what part of Belgium are you in. I spent some time near Namur a few years ago. Can't wait to get back to Belgium. It's very cold here too. :cheers:
  16. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

They look great. That would look sick in just machined aluminum. Anything for the 2 Strokes? Clutch cover, ignition cover, etc?
  17. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks Blue, they do look awesome in machined aluminum, only problem is they scratch up very quickly.

Working on it. :thumbsup:
  18. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It scratches worse than the scratching on the anodizing? I've seen some pretty ugly looking scratches in anodized covers. (Not yours of course):thumbsup:

Well let me know when you have them done. I'm very interested.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My red 7602 clutch cover has held up very well. Yeah, it starting to show wear, but still looks great. The wear looks fine and is unavoidable, and like scars chicks dig it. :D
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Yes, bare alum is very soft. The anodizing layer is much harder than the bare alum.

Thanks Kelly. So thats how you get the chicks huh?