Sherco 250 MX/MXGP Machine

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Aug 13, 2013.

1. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  2. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    sherco-3044.jpg

2 strocke 2014
    fredd, robertaccio, mkfox and 3 others like this.
  3. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

The more I look, the more I like :) !

Am trying to get a test on a 300 4st, now that Husky is gone maybe an ideal replacement for the 310 ?
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Me Too :applause:.
  5. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
  6. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    joli-coup-pour-jeremy-tarroux-vainqueur-en-e1-a-saint-flour-jm-pouget-74146-1-v4zoom.jpg

to day 8 september
    WEC GP FRANCE
    ( St Flour )
    winner Jeremy Tarroux
    E1 !
    :applause:
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    So I stumbled across pricing for the Sherco's coming to the US soon and figured I'd share

Subscribe to topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
    Clay Stuckey Posted: Aug 27 2013, 03:18 PM

Gallatin,
    Member No.: 145690

Here is the pricing on the 2014 model Shercos here in the US only:
    4 Stroke
    SE 250i (with Sachs suspension) $7799
    SE 250i Racing (with WP suspension) $8599
    SE 300i (Sachs) $8399
    SE 300i Racing (WP) $8999
    MX250 (WP) $7999
    2 Stroke
    SE 250 (Sachs) $7699
    SE 250 (WP) $8299
    SE 300 (Sachs) $7799
    SE 300 Racing (WP) $8399
    XRide $7799

Also, our freight charge which was $375, has been cut in half to dealers. The $375 is really what it costs us to get the bike from France to the dealer. I am paying half and the dealer is charged the other half. Under this pricing structure, he will have to pass the freight on to you. This pricing puts us under all of the other main European brands. We are the only company to offer WP to compete with the orange company and Sachs to compete with Beta.
    The margin for dealer and us has been cut dramatically to get this pricing. Some of the dealers who were going to be Sherco dealers before may not be Sherco dealers in 2014. We will clean out our dealer list and start over soon as dealers give us orders for 2014s. If you do not have a dealer near you, you can buy directly from us. Call or email me for total pricing, to discuss pricing, features and/or delivery. If you look at a bike at a nearby dealer but decide to buy from us, we will still pay your dealer a commission on the sale. You can buy parts from us that will be shipped directly to your door and your dealer will still be paid a commission. This is a new way to sell motorcycles in the US. I know that customers will love the bikes so give us a shot at selling one to you before you buy one of the other brands.
    Thanks for considering us.
    Clay
    clay@ggor.us
    615-347-6519

--------------------
    Clay Stuckey
    cell 615 347 6519
    Email clay@ggor.us
    Gas Gas Offroad www.ggor.us
    Sherco Offroad www.shercooffroad.com
  8. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

a price decrease at the expense of the dealers...:thumbsdown: is one of the safest ways to avoid business success.

r
    water racer likes this.
  9. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I went over and talked to our KTM dealer who just took on Sherco. He is not to happy about the importer cutting the prices, it is not possible for him to make any money at all, but he still has to pay rent and utilities. On top of that, the importer says they can sell direct bypassing the dealer while offering the dealer a "commission"
    This may be a short sighted plan to sell bikes, but it won't make for very good dealer support in the future.
  10. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did you dealer order any 2014 Shercos before the new pricing was announced? I know Clay Stuckey very well and I get the feeling he did not want to go this route but was forced to because of the lack of orders from dealers. With the new pricing, he is only asking dealers to stock 1 bike for demonstration purposes and is giving a bigger than normal discount on that 1 bike. Clay has committed to Sherco but it seems that most of his dealers were not. I have a feeling that this will work out for him better than a lot of people think. I wouldn't think twice about buying a bike online and having it shipped to me as long as I knew that the Dist had a good supply of spare parts.
  11. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

for sure, this dealer will enthusiastically promote those sherco bikes, and happyly recoomend them to his customers, instead of recommending one of those ktm where he's earning some money.
    also, this dealer will easily find a bank that will support him to establish and maintain a business of not earning money.

the strategy to bypass and/or eliminate dealers is not new, it has been tried by quite a few motorcycle companies, and to my knowledge always failed.

r
    Motosportz likes this.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sounds like a good deal for the customer until he needs to go tot he dealer and get the no, you did not buy that hear speech. My dealings with Clay have always been good, seems like a very good person. He may be between a rock and hard place on this. Those are very nice process in this day and age. I would look seriously at these if I was int he market for new bike. But in the end would probably buy a bike on a smoking deal from Bills and support my local dealer who is always there for us. I just got some pricing from them on the left over 2014 and looks great. Wish I had some extra coin for a TC250.
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you will see Clay set up some authorized "service centers" for those who don't want to work on their bikes. I know for a fact he has had at least 10 independent shops inquire to him about becoming a parts and service center for Sherco. These guys aren't that interested in selling bikes but have no issues servicing them as long as they can get oem parts.
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    You can't stop can you? :)
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Huh?
  16. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I am not sure of the timing, I know he has two bikes, one of which he is racing. I kind of got the feeling that he committed to Sherco a few months before the new pricing came out.
    I predicted somewhere on this forum a few years ago that specialized enduro dealers would start to disappear, and we would be buying straight from distributors, of course I decided to become a Beta dealer anyway!
    I do like the concept of the Sherco 300f, although the frame layout seems pretty small.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    They've made them competitive with Beta which is a good thing. I really never considered how this affected the dealers until you guys mentioned everything. The one thing I thought was odd is that I can go to my dealer to look at one and then call the distributor and buy one. There's no way to have accountability for that
  18. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I was referring to you adding to the stable. Looking at my post it was pretty vague lol
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Really I am happy as a clam with my 165/511/650 setup and will not be buying a bike anytime soon. Maybe when I am ready they will make the TE150 with a linkage I desire or Beta will make a 125 or 200.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

it seems super odd and not right that the distributor would sell direct. You will have NO dealers ASAP doing that IMHO.