Sherco 250 MX/MXGP Machine

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Aug 13, 2013.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Sherco ain't waiting around and staying in Trials and Enduro....."they" are going MX racing in MXGP for 2014. Bike is very nice looking, but note to self, everyone is sourcing parts from everyone elses sources.....don't even need 20/20 to see that!!
    Clarification for all of our "factory" thought process folks, it (racing) don't work like that anymore---this is really a Moro Racing exercise. I'm sure they will get some help from the OEM but the old factory race days are done. You see the sponsor stickers and team stickers that's who's paying for this operation. To my surprise---Brux sponsorship as well as the "new" Just 1 helmet company for 2 listed sponsors.

http://xoffroad.dueruote.it/bc_prov...&pagina=461577&codfoto=506042&canaleuscita=-1
    john01 likes this.
  2. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks Good . I think Sherco are on the up !

Nice looking 2t Enduro Bike too, plus a 300 4t to replace the TE 310 !
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I may be picking up one for myself at least the 300I. Very good looking bikes. Thanks for the post.
  4. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    At the enduro on sunday I was on the same minute as Jeff Melik on a sherco. He was rippin on that thing. Won the overall.
    He said the 2 strokes will be here in september.
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    enduro 360 has a 300i as we speak and will have a write up soon, I saw it in tecate mexico on a Los Ancianos trail ride, then E360 had it on the another event Baja beach bash. Its a sharp looking machine and has a very nice suspension package as well (think Husaberg 4CS).
  6. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I'm jonesen for a sherco 290 x ride !
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    He already said its a great bike. Trailrider magazine said its the lightest 4 stroke they've test. I had asked how he thinks it compares to the txc 310. He said for more open stuff txc but for the tighter races definately the Sherco. Also asked Chilly about it on his blog and he's still trying to get ahold of a txc. Seems it will be likely he can get one too. The prices aren't horrible either, seem similar to KTM and between the 2, easy choice. Either one is to much for me though lol. I'm excited to hear more. Supposedly they'll have a new 450 next year and as stated, 2 strokes coming here
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    If I remember right he's even riding it in Idaho right now. So he's definately getting time on it on different terrain.
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    Scan0001.jpg
    sherco 2.jpg

new
    SHERCO two stroke 2014
    250 and 300 cc
    frame 4 stroke 2012
    454x and robertaccio like this.
  10. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Everything new looks like a ktm or beta. All the swing arms look like they are made at the same factory.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Don't need even 20/20 vision to pick up on those things. Yep, thats the way it works now, everyone sources everyone elses sources, especially in the Euro zone machines (including 4 wheeled vehicles)
    Beta 2T motor outside, looks like KTM on RHS, G-G on the left for ex., hey all the tech is out there for the taking.
  12. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    Scan0001.jpg

news SHERCO 2014
    250/300 4 stroke !

news 450/510
    november Milano Italia
    EICMA show
  13. Chilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

yep, riding in Idaho this week. I will have an update on the 300i posted in just a bit. I have lots of new stuff to share.

[IMG]
    robertaccio and LandofMotards like this.
  14. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    EFI and starter problems. Maybe I'll just keep my huskies.
  15. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I haven't heard about any issues on the newer models like this one
  16. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    LandofMotards likes this.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Ah ok. Thank you for the link. He said he had an early real ease model and the Efi was taken care of but was the new starter gear he got part of the production 13's? Either way it sounds like a really nice bike. No one can claim big advertising money or anything with Sherco and they all talk about how light it is and it makes good power. Good stuff. They are definatley priced accordingly though lol
  18. Chilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know what '13 bikes may have had the gear issue. Sherco knew it to be a potential issue when I received the bike and sent the updated part. I got the bike straight from the crate, so it only got the prep that I gave it. Unlike all other press bikes that have been gone through very carefully by the factory before hand and typically have a number of "tricks" or mods the we are never told about.

These are all reasons that I am shy to post tests on bikes that we don't really get to spend lots of time with. I want to know how they really work; good, bad or otherwise.

Don't think that other publications don't have similar issues with other brands (any brand) of bike. It is often information that simply does not make it to print.
    john01 and LandofMotards like this.
  19. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Chilly, I don't care what everyone says about you I think you're a cool lol. Talk about living the dream :)
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Chilly thanks for the posting/reports and follow ups on the new Sherco. I'm going to get a Sherco as soon as I figure out if I want their 300I or new 250 2-stroke when it comes out.