1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Safari tank install on 2009 TE 450 HELP

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by rocky4by, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Slider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX12R 2003
    From memory they have a t-piece connecting a hose down each side of tank into pump.
  2. al jorgensen My first motorized vehicle had a Husky engine

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630, 610, WXE 610, TE 450, WXE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly Italian Stuff
    Thanks, that may be the solution! Just saw your answer since I am now (finally) getting the bike ready to ride after owning it for over one year (too many other bike related projects). Also had an issue with the lower front crossover aluminium bracket which I believe is part of the Safari tank kit? This is probably because the P.O. crashed the bike fairly hard (enough to bend the handlebar and the handlebar mounting bolts) and the fact that the tank has had gas containing ethanol in it for a few years (likely causing it to grow a bit).

Mounting the crossover bar to both front tank wings and also to the central bracket (attached to the frame), caused the rear of the tank to raise up from the frame (putting a lot of load on the threaded inserts in the front wings of the tank), but since this bike has an aftermarket frame around the radiators reinforcing them against bending, I decided that the best course of action was to not tie the crossover bracket to the central frame mounted piece.

That way the tank can move around a bit due to temperature and ethanol in the gas without putting too much load on the front wing threaded inserts (which ultimately could cause the tank to leak from those mounting points). In other words, the crossover bar protects the wings from being forced to the outside in a crash by being tied together and neither of them can move very far to the inside because of the radiator reinforcement bracket.
  3. al jorgensen My first motorized vehicle had a Husky engine

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly Italian Stuff
    Slider, Just looked at your suggestion again and started wondering if you meant that the t-piece and the hoses are inside the tank connected to the fuel pump or on the outside? I have a TE 630 and bought a Safari Tank for it last year and it has an outside crossover hose. I would not be surprised if the P.O. did not connect the t-piece and the hoses inside the tank (if that is is what it is) judging from what else he has done to the bike, nice guy but no mechanic!
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Hey I love that headlight you have fitted to the 450.
  5. al jorgensen My first motorized vehicle had a Husky engine

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly Italian Stuff
    After looking at the (2) brand new spare fuel pumps that came with the bike (was there an issue with the fuel pumps), they mount directly on to a filter. In other words, there does not appaer to be any way of connecting a T piece and split into two hoses (one down each side of the tank)!