Round two of the "other" carb types - Lectron

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Motosportz, Dec 18, 2012.

1. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    I've had the float stick in mine 2 or 3 times. Usually a few taps on the side gets its free.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats really odd as it tis swing type and hard to stick. Must be sticking at the float needle. Maybe take it out and polish it smoother.
  3. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I also had the float stick but it was due to the gas drying up around it. todays pump gas sucks....
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    haha damn I needed that video yesterday Kelly, was going mental trying to work out how to adjust rod! rod came set at 49.5mm(roughly-tape measure but a relative measurement regardless), went leaner to 50.5mm(manual recommendation as had a low end bog like running out of fuel but wasn't sure if rich or lean as im a bit crap at jetting) & it was super lean when I started it, crap to start & revved up like running out of fuel so killed it! went back opposite way down to 48.5mm(turn or 2 didn't actually count but have my other lectron that's still stock for definite reference-set the same) & much better. maybe a little doughy/fat but will give it a proper test ride before I change. have a feeling 49mm maybe the go but will adjust in 1/4 turns now im close. PJ half a turn from fully in. plug looks good but will do another chop to be sure. so easy to adjust too! thanks for chucking in the allen key & spare bowl gasket too Kelly, that was a pleasant surprise & saved me having to borrow one:thumbsup: . these machined down version are a much better fit also-7mm makes a big difference! love these simple man carbs, cant believe more people don't run them & race teams also?!

2 questions-does the metering rod affect economy/mileage much?
    Kelly-my new lectron you recently sent me has the ms3 rod also. same set up as my original I ordered for my 300. which rod do you(& anyone else) think is best for the 165 & which for the 300? or just run ms3 in both?
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I like the MS3 rod for 125-165 bikes.

For the 250-300 class bikes the 3-1 is a good all around rod. The 3-2 adds more mid range power and my new 3-2m is perfect for me. leaner on the bottom than the 3-2 so it starts and idles better but fattens up quick for that nice meaty mid range power. Top end has always been blistering on mine.

This is all with pump premium USA fuel on a semi stock bike. Your fuel is somewhat different.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    ok thanks. yeah our fuel is crap! im sending my original off to Lectron to be machined down same as newer ones so ill ask them to install a 3-1 while its there.
  7. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    yes, i've had that happen before. seems if you carefully pull the slide / rod out and slide back in again a few times, it will seat.

funny, it hasn't happened that last two times i had it apart though.

i think it's because the rod isn't fully straight after adjustment due to the spring holding it in place.

try pushing the rod up, not making a new adjustment, then letting it reseat. the straighter the rod is the more easily it will just slide back in place as it should.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the rod fits in that hole very tight. You have to have it lined up pretty good. You get a feel for it after a few times. Also lines up better if the carb is straight up and down and not tilted. Did you get it sorted?
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Maybe a small bur on the rod from adjusting it? If you cant sort it please call Lectron and ask for Kevin, he has seen it all.
  10. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I run several times in the problem of having the slide jammed in the body

when water enters in the slide compartment the slide jams

it happens on some water crossings that a tiny amount of water enters in the cable entry and causing the slide to get stuck

after cleaning and drying out it was all OK (till the next water crossing same story)

pay some attention to the sealing of all entry's of in the carb and the venting lines

Robert-Jan
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    odd as i ride through water all the time and never experienced this.
    shawbagga likes this.
  12. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Mine would let water in through the cable entry as well. Ended wrapping it in tape while on the trail and that may have become a permanent solution :lol:
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    UK has just had the wettest recorded winter, I spent months riding through knee deep and above water, I even lost the bike in a hole that left only the handle bars showing, Removed the air filter and rung it out, took the plug and kicked a few times and the bike started first kick and off I went again and not once has my Lectron let any water mud or dirt enter anywhere !!! I do use a different cable rubber than the supplied item and also have my vent lines fitted with Ts so run two down and two up in the air box into a old film cannister drilled to breath and with a coarse piece of foam inside, Bike is a submarine :thumbsup:
    On a side note I have done a $hit load of bearings and brake pads due to water getting in :lol::lol:
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I just bought a new (different rod), just posting due to sticker shock. $30ish for a rod is a little pricey.