1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Robertaccio TX300

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, May 22, 2017.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nice! Jeff from halls got a tx 300 and put the 250 top end on it...exactly what I was going to do. I believe it is 14 pounds heavier then a tc 250 my main reason I didn't buy it..I'm sure having the six speed tranny would really be nice!
    KXcam22 and robertaccio like this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Note also the X-Trig can not be installed without removing the base clevis off the shock shaft, so I will have my local guy George at Suspension 101 install the X-Trig professionally, with all the correct tools. And I got my swingarm graphics from Decal MX (same ones I ran on my 14- ZipTy Racing, GP Motorcycles, Rynopower)

After 1 ride with the swingarm covers on I removed the front section of the RHS one to prevent chafing on my brake master cylinder (like I did on the 14). It was chafing hard, now there is full clearance.
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm tempted to try the the 60:1 mix too, little skeerd, though. But I think I'll do so with 95 octane like the owner's manual states. To get to 95, i guess I'll mix 100 race gas and 91 cali pump gas 50/50. That should yield a net 95.5.
  4. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Don't fear the 60:1, I've been running 64:1 for years. 64:1 is to easy, 2 ounces per gallon, never had any issues and yes still get a little spooge.
    lankydoug likes this.
  5. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    The manual uses Euro gas standards, not US. 95 in Europe is like 91 in USA. We calculate RON differently. Everyone think looking at the numbers at glance that Europe has higher octane and that is not the case, in fact it is lower. EU ratings are 95/98, which are equivalent to US ratings of 91/93
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    The TPI avg mix will be 80:1, but that is a constantly changing ratio, still the average will be 80:1. If you check the Beta oil injected machines I believe its about the same.
    PS spooge is not the mix ratio its the rich lean jetting , I've seen plenty of 32:1 bikes with black to gray dry exhaust tips that have dry brown plug reads. no need to turn this into a jetting thing its a my bike thread and a FYI about my TX300 you all can mix as wish and add whatever to your machines.
  7. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Thank you sir.
  8. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I was actually agreeing with you. And since I'm on a TX300 too, and this is my first modern bike I'm following this thread closely.
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    this bike is really freakin good, I feelin' it now. i found i dont like the soft map i finally tried it today, the std is great
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    1) Suspension- I am once again amazed at how responsive these new fangled suspensions are. I happen to like a lot of free rebound out back (open) loose, happy are my terms....but I guess she was too happy I clicked in 2 more yesterday and huge difference coming into corners, she transfers much more smooth and yet still no packing up under acceleration. She is very very close now.
    2) JD Jetting- still have 50:1 K2 with shell premium, and once again the tail pipe is black sooty and dry (very very close to perfect), there is a small stumble coming into mid still but mostly I'm riding right past it, once I go to 60:1 I will see what she's doing, and make a mix screw tweak to see if that clears it. If not a mix screw thing I will do a 1/2 step on the needle up or down to be determined. Also note on soft map its way more pronounced---and no I don't like soft map at all, the standard map is way better for me. Also note I really believe my mileage is super good, by just looking at what we rode and how much fuel is still in the tank.
    Yesterday was TX300 me, 300XC-W EOD Brian, and 250XCF-W Il Napolitano Massimo (back from traveling the USA with his MX kid). 3 rider crew is perfect now that the dry dust is in effect.
    Forks seem to be spot on for me with 9.7 bar (to match 48 rear spring with @ 8.5mm preload), I'm using the travel well. We did @ 40 miles , I think this tank may good for 60 miles of single track, but that will take more testing and paying attention or GPS mapping.

Note to self when riding with guys that need a suspension help check their stuff before the ride....the 300XC-W had like 12mm of spring preload for static of 18mm, race sag was at @ 90mm......he was saying his bike was very harsh...(no kidding)... ended up (post ride sorry dude) with about very minimal 3mm preload for 33mm static and about 103 race sag, his spring is right on the cusp of too heavy, but as its set up now will work fine because he does heavy carry gear rides as well as light gear trail rides. (and he has a WP Trax shock to install as well, next time out!!)
    The TX300 is brilliant!!!
    ripnriding and Mikey97D like this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice bike Bro. Don't forget to come up in September and RIDE!!!
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    With ya. Loving mine. just over 13 hours on it and finally switched to the 1st map and 60:1 with Amsoil dominator. Thing just rrrrrrRIPS. Got used to it during a 75 k enduro event and REALLY became ONE with this rig last Saturday on a 90 k ride. Ready for first XC race on this bike coming weekend
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. Michael Ryan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 350exc, 89 CR 500
    Robertaccio, how does this bike compare handling wise to your previous 300 ?? I just sold my 2016 TE 300 and am looking at the new 2018's..but still going to go CARB model as I'm sure there may be some teething issues with TPI !!
    I keep hearing they are a lot smoother and stable, my 2016 was pretty loose in the front end
  14. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    I've been a ktm guy for years and this new '17 300 xc is the most balanced and stable ktm I've owned.
    robertaccio likes this.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly its about set up. but one thing for sure this TX300 just feels a lot lighter and probably is than my former TE300. I think the steering head bearing load can be a little tighter the front does flop and bounce back at the stop (that's a note)
    Mr. FMF Danny mentioned to me that he loves the bike but feels the front to be almost too light and so it moves around a lot for his taste, I mentioned the bearing load to him, and as we all know we can always add a damper assembly from any number of brands. For now I'm leaving mines as is, trying to for the minimal minimalist theory on this bike and just play with set up. I'm feelin it for sure and that usually takes me up to year of weekend rides, my comfort level with this bike has come very fast.
    PS Style wise it looks brilliant, and I really want to see Danny in white JT gear on his TX300 that will bring back that late eighties early 90s Husky (Cagiva) factory team look.
    PPS I did buy white Fly gear for the hot summer months ahead.
    hakkalugi and Norman Foley like this.
  16. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Robert,
    You will need to venture outside the box and take an out of town ride to break in that white gear.

Like some nice AZ red dirt clay to permanently tint that white gear to a dingy tint that no known laundry detergent, Oxy Clean or bleach can touch. Lol.

The Hot Summer Monsoons are coming here. The red clay and the associated monsoon puddles are just waiting for someone to come out with white riding gear here.

Nothing known to mankind can wash that red clay from any riding gear fabric that has ever been invented.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Rich doesn't run a steering damper, on any of his bikes. Video tip on what you mention...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhNmLmuwZFI
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    most Euro pros don't either, but you will find them loading the bearing heavily (great for factory guys, who can change the bearing after every race not too much for us ammies)
  19. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    We've got that red dirt up in foreshill, ca. My tx plastics are already stained red. Sad. It's such a good looking bike.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just found out and ordered and installed lower fork/axle clamp guards right out of the OEM special parts catalog.
    P/N 79601994000 GABELFAUSTSCHUTZ SET
    20170621_213430.jpg
    Norman Foley and Cosmokenney like this.