1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Robertaccio TX300

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, May 22, 2017.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Another Note to self and the intertube Yamaha has been using the TMX38 carb on their award winning YZ125s for years.
    https://motocrossactionmag.com/two-stroke-tuesday-first-year-aluminum-frame-yz125/

Mine is working very very well.

Now back to the TX300, I pumped up the front too much I was was up near 10bar, I went to 9.65 cold so it comes up to 9.7 when hot. then I went and opened comp 5 clicks....that's a crazy amount for me. but in the tight stuff it is plush and dips into corners. Also I had my rear sag very short near 100 and went back to the every good source recommended 105 (actually more like 104 ) Bike feel great less harsh up front and out back.. for NHHA probably just add a couple clicks into comp and stick with 9.7 formula
    Mikey97D and Norman Foley like this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    installed my fasstco flexxbars with yellow/ yellow elastomers this time. installed motion pro titan tube, installed pro taper pillow top grips. re did both front and rear mousses with enforce tire lube and added stuffing pieces to tighten the pressure. lubed chain, installed clean airfilter. left my used fron and rear tires in place for the H&H , Shinko 216 on the shelf and trying to get a hold of a Michelin Enduro comp 6 med rear for tecate. if I can I will try to ride the ecomp 6 front 90/100-21 fatty but only after tecate.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robert you are to much in tune with the bike I get my suspention done at Zip Ty install it on the bike and never check or adjust any thing no matter where I ride I do not know it just seems to work

But then you and I will find out again this weekend buddy 100s National 3 loops 100 miles
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    John now its your turn I will be in your home field. Most of all we will have real fun and not just internet talk!!!

Participate don't spectate. .
  5. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Did your run into interference with the bark buster inner mounts and the AER schrader fitting? My probends block the schrader from filling. Cam.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I only use flag type handguards, I quit full wraps a long time ago
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    No trees :rolleyes:
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I found my happy fork place 9.6 bar.
  9. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I ride in the Nor Cal woods and the stock flags work surprisingly well. Admittedly, if I am holding the grips too close to the outside, I occasionally get the angle just right and scrape my little finger on trees. It's not enough to make me want to switch. The flags are scraped all to heck and look like poo. But I'm going to continue to use them. I actually have a set of pro bends in the garage that I took off my wr300 before I sold it. The pro bends are solid as can be, but are just too much of a pain to mount and the stockers are fine -- and much lighter.
  10. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449 sold, 2018 TX 300 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 XCW, KTM 500 XCF-W
    Where are you on comp and rebound?
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    i will check
  12. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    I am putting some serious thought into rekluse for next season. Going to switch it up a bit and do the enduro vs xc races where I think having the rekluse will help my 5ā€™6ā€ 28ā€ inseam gain more control on the gnarly stuff. Never had issue with stalling on xc circuit but those events are completely different beasts. Great thread.....orders jd kit and putting this bike to winter rebuild status. Will keep tuning in to keep in the know of your gains with mods. Loving this TX......when are u putting new piston and rings in? Iā€™m just shy of 60 hrs
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    test. started morn @ 50 deg F with 9.6 bar felt great in the tighties , as day went on still good but not as easy on turn in in the really tight stuff. came in after hard run and pressure was up near 9.8 as day warmed and suspension warmed . so next cool morning will start with 9.4 bar so I get a steady 9.6 when warm, she floats nicely at 9.6 and dips in on front trail brake and comes out great upon release
    Norman Foley likes this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS Norm I will get back with you asap- lots going on.

Installed Nitro Mousses with silicone gel into Shinko fat front and Michelin enduro comp 6 rear. I really like these mousses they did their home work they feel nice. They feel quite a bit different than Michelin Bib Mousses which are very energy absorbing and dead feeling. The Nitro mousses are more lively closer to tubes. Both are great, but as installed I am super happy with these Nitro Mousses. We ripped a fast and furious 50 miles today and did the same last weekend as well. The TX300 is flat ripping in every good way. aiming for top 5 in the very competitive 50+ class in the Tecate sprint enduro (been getting a top 10s for the past couple of years with trophy spots hope for better this year). We pushed each other hard today me and the French guy on his Beta300RR, very high confidence on this machine now.
    JD jetted per spec sheet, lowered float height, FMF gnarley with Powercore Ti 2.1, V force 4, BR7EIX plug, Maxima K2 at 60:1, zero spooge, but safe black soot exhaust tip. Another note I love the OEM Brembo rear pads-zero squeal, great braking no overheating (OEM stock fluid still not my usual Motul RBF660)
    Oh and after 2 solid days of hard lots of open throttle 50 miles...I will need to carry a liter or so of fuel to cover the L1 and L2 no fuel stop @ 50 total miles of trail until first gas after L2. I went on reserve in the very close to 50 but want to be safe than sorry for the race, it would suck and ruin the day to go dry on the L2 test. I will most likely dump during L1 and toss the container and eat the minute or 2 to fuel during the test rather than carry to the end of L1 and risk breaking/holing the container open and losing the fuel (Maxima oil container)
    Big Timmy likes this.
  15. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    There you go Robert !

Nice to hear that someone else has changed to the Nitro Mousses. I had said before that they have a much better feel than the Michelin Bibs.

I'm only running a Nitro Mousse in my front tire ( Shinko MX 216 Fat Tire) but the difference in feel and response is night and day compared to the Michelin and it does feel very close to running a tube or Tubliss.

I'm still running a Michelin Bib Mousse in the rear and its now inside its 3rd tire. I haven't thought to change it out as it had no visual damage at the last tire change and I kind of like the lowerer pressure feel from it being shrunk and used.
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    just throwing thai out there AER 48 started this morn at 9.4 bar after 20 miles and temp rise pressure was up to almost 9.8, thats @ 7psi gain. for me 9.8 is very noticable. at first depart with 9.4 front was too loose but doable. At 9.8 front feels too vague for me in the tighty stuff, going fast its great, but start hitting the curvies and it takes away front end confidence. So all that said Im watching this fork closely and will check pressure at my in between loop pit stops. for sure I dont want 9.8 on a super technical slow rocky gnar loop. PS Nitro Mousses have great feel. and I love ther SHinko fatty along with the enduro comp 6 Michelin
    Big Timmy likes this.
  17. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    I wonder if sub tanks would help that by increasing the overall air volume of the fork. Cam.
  18. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I wonder if there is a way to reduce friction or dissipate heat with some sort of heat sink on the air chamber? I'm going to pose this question to this guy I know.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX Cam, I see your thought idea, however, I think not because its not the air chamber of the spring type fork its the actual low volume high pressure pneumatic AER pressure chamber ("spring"). But with that said with your train of thought maybe some sort of added special engineered external volume chamber would help.
    I have also assumed that the pro teams use Ni or another such noble gas that has minimal expansion from heat. Also for MX the condition is much more controlled. For us we start for example at 40deg F in the morning by the mid afternoon its 70 deg F, with the addition of creating internal fork heat from use, we have for ex. 7 psi pressure increase which is an amount that really can be felt on these AER forks.
    Norman suggested a log and I will begin one so I can find a good balance of start pressure (lowest setting) that can work into the unchecked max as the day progresses. In the case of the Tecate enduro I will ride the first 2 loops with no pit (per instructions) and after the 2nd loop at the support fuel pit I will check the pressure before the 3rd most difficult test, I want it loose/soft/plush for the rocks and slower speeds.
    BTW I ordered a bigger tank from IMS hope to throw it on by Friday so I don't need to carry a 2 liter maxima oil container of fuel. It makes me a little nervous to go into a race with an untested item and its feel on the bike with 1/2 gal extra on the load. But I think the few minutes of time saved from stopping and pouring will pay off at the end of the day, the 50+ class is very tight in this race and only a few minutes will separate positions 1-10.
    on Sunday test I started at 0800 with 9.4 bar loose front end and by 1300 I was up to the high 9.7s like 9.76 tighter, good in the faster sections but crappy for me in the tight twisty stuff (too high and vague)
  20. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ni will give same pressure rise as air. What you have discovered about the pressure rise is very interesting and Cam.