RECALL RESULTS:

Discussion in 'TR650' started by mag00, Jun 10, 2017.

1. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Any chance of posting a pdf or image of the Husky web site recall notice ?, I am a little surprised re the need to enter a delivery certificate No as the Oz distributor changed when Pierrer purchased Husky and those who bought a machine 2nd hand would not be likely to have a delivery certificate
  2. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre
    I just used my dealer licence number (Dahlitz' is 11287).

(I've asked Nicholas to post the recall pdf)
  3. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT
    For Aussies. Engenia, not sure if they sent letters out. Got this email from DOTARs on the 19th of May and I assumed everyone that registered a complaint got one.
    It does state "voluntary".
    There was no mention of a Vin #, "just bring it in", said the dealership.
    Took my TR in on the 20th of June, waiting.....
    Notice of recall.JPG
    ---------------------------------------------
    edit/ go here for Aussie vins, in .xlsx format

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/re...dels-tr-650-terra-and-tr-650-strada-2013-2014.
  4. redandblack Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I received a recall notice (attached) two days ago. I dropped the ECUs off at the local Husky dealer with the VIN numbers. They didn't need any other info such as delivery certificate. Will let you know how I go. I am told that they will be send to Austria today. I left a list of questions. (copy attached)

Attached Files:

5. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Thanks for the pdf, it is appreciated, re the Husky web site and the service page, I used a VIN and the Dealer No and the page gives no real info
  6. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre
    When I did it the site just informed me that the bike was the subject of a recall
  7. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    Hi Redandblack. Which dealer did you drop them off to and is that Austria and not Australia..?
  8. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Took a longer ride yesterday and no problems. No stalling. Seemed to have real good bottom end grunt on the slow work hills, never choked out and I'm sure it was under 1k rpm. Little bit of a flat spot if you crack the throttle too fast, easy remedy, don't crack the throttle full open.

Overall an acceptable fix, but I don't think I will do the Terra. Terra runs better, and not sure if would run any better with the new flash. Not going to make that mistake again.

Edit: Definitely not doing the Terra. Took it out today and it runs circles around the Strada, may have something to do with the exhaust and intake mods. None the less, don't fix it if it ain't broke.
  9. Trail Boss Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR650L
    The recall has solved my issues. My bike had an off idle hesitation that would result in a stall if I wasn't very careful. It also had surging in the 3800-4000 rpm range. The problems got increasingly worse the hotter the temps. At 50-60 degrees the problems were negligible. At 80 degrees they were very noticeable. At 100 degrees it was very bad. Now, it seems to run fine no matter what the outside temps. I rode 125 miles this weekend in 80-90 degree heat and the bike ran perfectly.
    PaulC likes this.
  10. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350
    no problems here, smooth, no surges, no stalls, awesome power, did a 220 mile loop Sunday, and a 100 mile loop last evening. I like it, KTM and Mag M got it right, finally!!
    Moff69 likes this.
  11. spiderman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 KLR650 07 Bandit1250 85 Rokon
    I've run 3 tanks of gas through mine since the recall and I have no complaints. Mine was really bad about stalling and I had finally got it running pretty good with the EJK and O2 disconnect. So I removed the EJK and replaced the O2 sensor prior to the update and I also replaced the Pulstar plugs with the more conventional ones. I have absolutely no stalling and no starting problems. Also no surges, it idles fine and the power seems comparable to before the update. I'm finally happy with this bike after 3 years.
    Moff69, PaulC, wferrari and 3 others like this.
  12. SpittingCobra Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400

My VIN is also on the list but no recall letter yet. I'm reluctant to have it done in case it introduces new problems. I'm running a Powercommander and it has stalled maybe twice in 3 years
  13. Tel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GSA
    I never got a letter in Australia, although I am the original owner. In any event I had the recall done and when the ECU returned records apparently showed that my bike was sold in Europe. I have to say, that the repatched ECU runs the bike much better. It idles faster, seems to lose a tiny amount down low but feels smoother and stronger in the mid range and on. Seems to take slightly longer to fire up, but I am very happy.
    PaulC likes this.
  14. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

Same here... I'm an original owner from 2012 but no letter ever received. I wonder if it has something to do with the Australian Husky Importer changing after the sale to Perrier. Pretty poor form regardless really, considering it's a safety recall.
    PaulC likes this.
  15. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    got mine back today from the reflash at Texas Yamaha South in Webster. Took them 1.5 weeks. So far so good. Easy starting, idles a little higher and much more stable, has not stalled so far. Funny how i got used to it and still expect it to happen. Seems a little softer at revs below 3500 but doesn't seem to be low on power, just needs a bit more throttle. Plus side is that it is less jerky at low throttle opening and runs smoother. Had it up to 85mph indicated quickly and can't notice any change in power. So far i am happy. GS911 scan before and after below with the changes highlighted in yellow. Need more time to ride!
    Bike is stock minus the cannister and with the Enginia air filter frame and Unifilter.

Capture.PNG
    mag00 and LED like this.
  16. Bermuda Ron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sprint 1050; Vulcan 1600
    Recall was hassle free at Harper's in Hendersonville, NC. Six working days turn-a-round, and "Annie" is running just fine.
    Slick likes this.
  17. TN_Terra Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Son has Triumph Street Triple R
    Hello.

I just posted my first thread on this forum a few minutes ago. The recall did not fix anything on my son's Terra because the root cause of all it's major issues was a faulty original fuel filter as part of the in-tank assembly.

But I will say after the new filter and recall the bike runs great. Really nice. Also purchased and used the GS911 tool and all the numbers seem to match the numbers you all are posting for the Part #, MCV, FSV, OSV post recall. The tool is easy to use and once you figure it out probably a must have if you plan to keep one of these bikes and don't have a trusted dealer nearby who charges you too much for things like simple fault code read or reset.

Looking forward to asking more questions and advice from you all.
    WayneC likes this.
  18. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    You may well have found the reason some machines were more problematic than others but did not throw up fault codes or respond to checks on the items which normally cause problems on the BMW-Rotax singles. The fuel filter/regulator arrangement on the Terra has not properly been investigated previously, the brand you mention in the other thread you started is a different Mfr to what has been used on the other BMW-Rotax models

Re the GS911, yes quite a few are using it and it it is a good tool, you did not mention whether you were using the PC App and the real time graphing capability or the web interface in your investigation. I would also be interested in which Part No the autoscan shows, that tells us which of the BMW firmware versions was in the BMS-E prior to the Magnetti Marelli update
  19. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    Bikerdude likes this.
  20. TN_Terra Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Son has Triumph Street Triple R
    We've used the GS911 with desktop or laptop over WiFi and I've tried it with Android and iPhone. All work fine but of course you need to be running the web app with an internet connection on a computer for some of the functions. I was doing a lot of my real time checks with an old analog volt meter strapped on the bike and piggybacked on the sensor I was interested in before we got the GS911. The tool makes that easier I guess but I never figured out how to collect a dat file before I found the real trouble. I could watch the live values change and see that the computer need a lot of time to adapt and run the injector pulse WAY up before the O2 signal finally bounce off of lean. Basically the 911 verified what I already new.

[IMG]