RECALL RESULTS:

Discussion in 'TR650' started by mag00, Jun 10, 2017.

1. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Got my Strada back today. I have not taken it for a test drive other than on/off the trailer, but it does start better.

But folks, there is some bad news, or good news, depending on your camp.

I wrapped my key in tinfoil and no EWS error. I wrapped my Terra key and got the EWS. That could be good or bad depending on how you feel about the immobilizer. I have issue with it, I purchased my bike with it for security and that function is gone.

There were three pages printed out, first page is the work order so not posting it.

recall-paperwork-1.jpg recall-paperwork-2.jpg

GS911 Seems to work fine. BMSE 8543016

A little longer test drive shows subtle changes. I will run it more to get the adaption tables built for my riding style and environment. 100ยบ today, starts better, idles faster, seems to have lost slight on the lower end, but not really, because if you twist, it don't bog, but you feel when it finally catches full at about 5k rpm, then it is happy.

I had one hiccup pulling out of the driveway first run. That was it. Please post up if your immobilizer still works.

Husky dealer is going to contact Husky to find out.
    Matt Crawley and Chuffa like this.
  2. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    If you are right about the immobilizer function and I have no reason to doubt you I'm glad to see it go away.
  3. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    No EWS....that's fantastic news in this camp!!

Waiting on the 911 info. Thanks mag00!
  4. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    thanks for letting us know and for being the guinea pig :) I don't think i'd miss the EWS
  5. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Just edited , seems to work just fine. I took pictures of the screen and they didn't turn out so good. I tried to save a file on the laptop, now need to transfer to this machine for processing and upload, if the file saved proper. I have a netbook that I use for diags, and mac for internet. Can be a hassle.

Kurts bike is still at the local shop, feel bad for the guy.

And my friend with the Strada was coming over with the trailer so we could get our bikes from Phoenix, and some kid in a Toyota ran into the back of the Suburban and trailer and messed that all up. I had to rent a trailer and pull with my mini van to get em back today. All is good, home safe and sound.

I will cut a blank key and see if it starts and runs. The tinfoil may not be a definitive test. For those with one key, this may turn out to be a big blessing.

edit: got blank and ews error now happens. It didn't right away though, it took trying to start it to get the ews, and it showed, then didn't show the showed in a cycle of 3 before it stayed on.
  6. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    AutoScan Report
    GS-911 version: 1603.1 Datapack version: 4.1
    Serial Number: GS1 004 000
    Firmware version: 0.246-0.137 Datapack version: 0.124
    Registered to: mag00
    Date: 6/10/2017 Time: 7:24:49 PM

Motorcycle Information

VIN: ZKH0H12B3DV004000
    Mileage: 33803.0 km
    Next service distance: 43756 km
    Factory I-Level: K024-03-05-310
    Actual I-Level: K024-03-05-311

BMS-E
    BMS type:
    BMS-E
    Part No.:
    Hardware Index:
    C1
    Coding Index:
    Manufacture Date (YY/MM/DD):
    2012-09-06
    MCV:
    FSV:
    OSV:
    Manufacturer:
    Magneti Marelli
    HWOE No.:
    Factory I-Level:
    K024-03-05-310
    Actual I-Level:
    K024-03-05-311
    VIN model year:

No fault codes found

ABS8M
    Part No.:
    HW Version No.:
    D0
    Coding Index:
    Manufacturing Date:
    2012-01-13
    HWOE No.:
    Manufacturer:
    Bosch
    MCV:
    FSV:
    OSV:
    Variant:
    H61 SM Street Motard

No fault codes found

Kombi-18
    Cluster type:
    Kombi-18
    Part No.:
    Hardware Index:
    C0
    Coding Index:
    Manufacturer:
    MTA
    Manufacture Date (YY/MM/DD):
    2012-09-17
    MCV:
    FSV:
    OSV:
    HWOE No.:
    Assembly No.:

No fault codes found
  7. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    thanks. Did you try if the GS911 can still do the engine diagnostics, TPS, adaption resets etc? No need to do a reset but just if it can still get to those levels and can read e.g. the TPS angle, do a fuel pump test etc.
  8. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Mag00, pleased to see it is mostly good news, condolences to your mate re the trailer

Re running it a little more, it will not change the adaption table but the trims will adjust, the adaption table is fixed

The Husky/KTM Ops report page 2 indicates the Operating System (OSV) is reporting the same version as are most of the BMW status fields including the Firmware Version (Part No. 8543016). They have updated the File System Version (FSV) from 20.30.2 to 20.255.3 so the changes MM have made are as expected only some small fine tuning changes

It looks like they have added a new field for their Hardware No (825b28) which suggests it is firmware beta 28

The diagnose Index looks odd (6060) which may be either a mis read of the BMW Index or a new field they have added to fit with KTM system

The KTM software is reading the serial No of the BMS-E which GS911 does not provide, check that against the label on the BMS-E

I would expect the full BMW diagnostics routines will be operational and since the GS911 is still reporting Part No. 8543016 that the BMS-E could be programmed back to the last BMW version if connected to the BMW Dealer Programming System

Re getting Autoscans, use the email button in GS911, it will email results via the default email program on the PC/MAC and if the PC/MAC is not connected to the internet simply queue the email to send to the email address specified for next time it has internet access, it is the way I normally do it to email the results to myself when away from home base diagnosing a bike for people

As for getting screen shots, mobile pics are a waste of time, using the "Print Screen" button on a PC/MAC or knowing the short cut keys for Print Screen will give the best results on either PC/MAC you simply have to name the file for each screen shot
    Scott Jones likes this.
  9. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    WayneC. I wonder if we can put the changes MM are doing into laymans terms, please....

From what I can see MM are updating the firmware in the ECU (and perhaps the software to the latest 8543016 if needed, we really need someone with the previous version to send their unit in and see if it comes back with 8543016 on it) and either one or both ungrades seem to be having the desidered effect.
  10. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    In order to analyse what they are doing further we would need to see info like Mag00 has posted from more machines and in particular GS911 Autoscans from machines before and after the recall update, the most important would be one with firmware version 8532184/8532185 the earlier EU/US firmware version

I would hope that any BMS-E received by MM with 8532184/8532185 firmware was first updated to 8543015/8543016 before the MM update was applied
  11. rj95lss Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    XL500R
    I live in Medford, NJ 08055 and I am going to take my bike to Central Jersey Cycles (unless you guys have a better idea, because the guy there doesn't seem all that friendly) this fall for the recall (already spoke with him and he said 15-30 days he would have bike). I bought my bike with 400miles from the original owner who road it for two months, had it serviced at Toy Tech in PA once, and then it has never been back to a dealer and I have 6,600 miles now. Would someone with a GS911 near by me want to run it on my bike before and after I take it in? Would that help you guys? I would guess I have the original software version from the factory.
  12. MadDogTR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, many.

15-30 days? I had mine back in 7. Husqvarna says 7-10 days.
  13. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS

I just saw this edit. Thats a bummer for sure. Thanks for the efforts Mag00. You are very much appreciated! :thumbsup:
    Matt Crawley likes this.
  14. Matt Crawley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra

I'm a little confused here. Is the EWS the security system that requires chip embedded keys?

Matt
  15. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Yes. Stands for the German Elektronische Wegfahr Sperre or electronic locking system.
  16. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist

I think it's time for a call to Husky. That is a safety recall and demands instant action! or just ask the DOT what they think about that responce. Husky may have to pull there ticket if that attitude lands them in court.
  17. James Rideout Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rm250, DR650
    Had the recall done last week. Everything was great until today. 2Nd side since the recall and now I have an "EWS" error and no start. "Posted in the Canadians with stalling" thread.

Never had an issue with bike until now. I'm pretty pissed since the dealer is 300km round trip And most likely I'll have to drop it off and go back for it........again.
  18. Matt Crawley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra

Do a search for "ECU bad ground" or "ground wire from ECU". You might be able to fix that EWS problem yourself.

Matt
  19. Matt Crawley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
  20. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre
    Has anyone in Australia received a recall letter yet?

A mate in NZ got one at the end of June, and I called my local dealer (Joe's Motorcycles) and they are aware of it.
    Even http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/service/service-and-safety-check/ reckons my VIN is the subject of a recall.

I'm not sure that I even want it done as mine is running fine. It rarely stalls and if it does it's only when cold.
    WayneC likes this.