1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Rear tail light - 08 te450

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Wellsy, May 12, 2009.

1. Wellsy Husqvarna
    B Class

I just soldered mine because I didn't trust the connectors that came with the light.
  2. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just removed my turn signals and supporting bracket and moved everything under the seat and noticed my tail/brake light was flaky due to the connection so I cut everything and used weatherproof screw caps to connect everything and then shrink wrapped it all in a nice tight little bundle and tucked it away. Cleaned up everything nicely.
  3. FlyLikeABandit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Same as my 07 te610, I had to get the voltmeter to figure it out also.
    Good info:thumbsup:
  4. novice Husqvarna
    B Class

I fitted the race light supplied at the weekend and works fine, although when the engines running the light is on and the brake light works, engine off and rear liht works but goes out upon applying the rear brake,its an 09 model, I thought i read some where this is normal, can anyone enlighten me please.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That sounds like the colors for all the headlights on my Kawasakis.:D
  6. billknj Husqvarna
    B Class

Now installing the race tail light and don't have any instructions. Can anyone tell me if I need to drill the fender to attach, or if the tail light somehow mounts to the subframe? Thanks.
  7. Rocknroll Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, you have to drill into the fender. I only drilled two holes and it is holding up fine.
  8. Lon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE511
    I left the standard mounting frame for the indicators and standard lights on and mounted the Euro LED guard with one bolt, then secured the top of the LED housing to the guard with some liquid nails. Its solid as! and no holes!
  9. Lon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE511
    No holes in my fender. I used the bracket that the indicator lights attach to, attached the race light to it with one bolt, and liquid nails on the top of the light securing it to the underside of the fender.

Can get pics if needed.
  10. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 , Gas Gas Raga 300
    This is weird, I was just in the garage doing the new bike (09 TE310) tear down and switch to the cool stuff. I was ready to do the taillight, but came inside the house to check on dinner and this post came up! Someone has ESP!

Thank you!
  11. dirtriderwjc2000 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have had the enduro light on before and it worked fine. I am installing it again. I have the wires attached correct and the turn signals work but the light is bright like the brake is on.

I have the black to blue, yellow to yellow and the red to green or whatever the other colors are.

When I unhook the red wire just the running light is on, but as soon as I touch the red it is bright again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
  12. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hmm. Dumb question, but are your brakes really on? If not, I would use a voltmeter to see if there is voltage on the brake light signal from the bike (green wire relative to ground). If so, it means your brake lights are on for some reason and you'll need to find out why. If the green wire has zero volts on it yet the brake light comes on when you hook the red wire to it, I would unhook the running lights temporarily while you figure things out with a voltmeter.
  13. dirtriderwjc2000 Husqvarna
    A Class

put a voltmeter on it and it had power coming through, so the brakes were on.

the switch under the front brake and come loose, put it back in place and it all works.

Thanks
  14. LapRecord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine's also Departed

I was just looking at that other tail light/small fender that came with bike to see if I could use it yesterday. My entire tail light assembly including plate and plate holder fell off two weeks ago. Miraculously found all the pcs. but they were destroyed except for plate. Now it's on my Transalp but that's another story. This wiring info is Very Helpful and Timely. Thanks. Problem I can't yet solve is the replacement small tail light fender thing wont mount up to the alum pcs. back there now. I'm going to have to get some other piece it's apparently designed to mount to which itself is supposed to attach to the alum. pc.

Can anybody get us a group purchase price on a drum of Loctite?

John
  15. cbreakin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    If your talking about the "race" light that came with your bike it's designed to mount straight to the plastic rear fender. You drill three holes and use the supplied hardware to bolt it on.
  16. alkrisma Husqvarna
    B Class

Re: 2009 TE310 enduro fender, is the tail light supposed to work with brakes or just as a running light? I wired mine and it stays at one brightness and doesn't change when brakes are applied.
  17. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

I believe it is the same as my '08. Yes, it has both running light and brake light. The running lights work when the ignition is on, whether the engine is running or not. The brake light is brighter and works only when the engine is running. Same as the stock tail light.

You can touch the tail light leads to the battery to make sure it works and see what it is supposed to look like. And you can use a voltmeter to make sure you're getting voltage at each pin on the bike's wiring harness.
  18. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am trying to wire up the race tail light and wondering if I should cut into the stock wiring harness or use the supplied wiring plug in. Any advise?

Here is the race light bolted up to the rear fender with flushmount blinkers hot glued onto the licence plate frame. I am not too concerned about drilling my plastic as I will be mounting my GiantLoop bags on soon.

Attached Files:

Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  19. alkrisma Husqvarna
    B Class

when I did mine the stock wiring harness ends were larger than the supplied wiring plugs with the enduro fender so I cut the ends off (with 1" leads) of the street directionals and used the same size male/female and soldered them. I went to Radio Shack, VIP, Advance Auto and Auto Zone - no one had the same size connectors that Husqvarna used. Wierd (I thought)
  20. Ghostman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Brutale 990, Vespa GT200
    Pay attention, the brake light only turn on with the engine running! If engine off doens't work!