1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Rear tail light - 08 te450

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Wellsy, May 12, 2009.

1. Wellsy Husqvarna
    B Class

Over the weekend I skyrocketed the husky over a log (08 te450), when it landed it broke the rear tail license holder and tail light mount. I went to put on the new one last night and can't figure out the wiring. The new one is the little racing enduro light that mounts under the rear fender.
    The wires it has are Red, Yellow, and Black.
    The wires coming out of the connector from the bike are Red and Black, Blue, Light Blue, Yellow, and Green. Can someone tell me what color goes to what?
  2. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The owners manual has the wiring schematic that could help you.
  3. Wellsy Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks, but the colors of the wires it specified do not match.
  4. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have an 07, and Im sure some wiring has changed to 08, but I believe that some of the wires coming out of that connector go to the turn signals as well. You can get a voltmeter, or a simple 12v light bulb to test and see which wires do what.
  5. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

If using the rear light that came with the power up kit it goes like this,,,,or this is what you'll need to get it all wired up. On the connector on the bike the wires go like this.....the red with the black stripe is the + for the right turn signal..... there is no black wire.... the blue wire is the ground for all the lights including the turn signals.....the lite blue is the + for the left turn signal....the yellow wire is for the running lights....and the green wire is for the brake light....

Now for the light itself......the red wire is the brake light.....the black is the ground..... and the yellow is the running light..........this info is from an 08 TE450...
    RossmcG likes this.
  6. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Scooby how did you remember that! I had to research it, write it down, and still go back to the computer to find it again. This needs to be in a sticky thread.
  7. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

I put the tail light from the power up kit on my bike last summer and had to go through and find out which wire did what on my own because I didn't have a wiring diagram,so I took the multi meter and found out what did what in about 10 minutes. I also put some flexible turn signals on when I broke one of the OE ones,so thats how I knew the turn signal wires. Maybe Coffee will catch this and put it in a quick reference section.
  8. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: correct !!!
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'll stick it for the moment.

Thing is - if everything is stuck or in the reference section then it will get fairly long which sorta defeats the purpose.
  10. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah,,,thats kind of what I was thinking also. Which is why I didn't bring this thread to your attention by sending you a PM or anything like that.... This thread could be found by doing a simple search. Can you just copy just the post of the correct information and just put the post itself in the reference section instead of moving the whole thread there. I guess you could put it under a sub category called Electrical/Wiring. I don't know,,,Don't mind me ,,I'm just typing out loud again.:lol:
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You have the right idea.

Simple things may need to be kept track of too. What takes someone that knows what they are doing with a voltmeter 2 minutes terrifies other people unfamiliar with electricity. Sorta like me and the valve check video - seems simple enough now that I figured it out.

I'm not sure how to handle this best - does anyone know if this information applies to 610s?

Does anyone know what years these codes might be good for?
  12. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm guessing the o7's are just a little bit different, and the 08 610 probably is the same,,,let me do some checking tomorrow when I get time and I'll let you know.
  13. Wellsy Husqvarna
    B Class

That worked scooby, Thanks!
  14. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I did mine today....finally.

I have one question? What tool do you use to crimp the connectors on with. I was using a regular home wire stripper/crimper and it didn't seem like the right tool.
  15. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Your welcome:thumbsup:
  16. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

It all depends on which style of connectors you are using... you have insulated connectors and non-insulated connectors..If using insulated connectors both halves of the jaws of the crimp er will be like half moon shapes,,,if using non-insulated connectors,,,one half of the jaw will be the half moon shape and the other half will have a post that sticks out. I hoped you shrink wrapped the connections to save yourself headaches later on down the road.
  17. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I just pushed the old connectors (straight pin type) from the old light out of the molex and crimped on new connectors and shoved them into the molex connector.

They just seemed awkward to do since they crimped in two places and it was not possible to get each side to crimp like they originals. I think from what I could see looking around on the internet is that there's a mold they fit in and then you press another similar one down on top. I will consider re-doing this and possibly shrink wrapping it when I find that little crimping tool I need.
  18. TE250Guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLR 650, Yamaha XT 225
    Why not have a single "Tips and Tricks" sticky or similar and post a link to threads like this?
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sort of like a table of contents with a bunch of links to threads?

That works ok but after doing this for a while realize there may be better ways cause the threads get a little long and it is difficult to discern the information quickly.

Quite probably, in the long term, a separate tech ref section for 4st, 2st, 610 - setup like the tech ref section is now.
  20. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Little Tricks

Here's an old one for ya.

Started way back in Aug. 08. :D