1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Race Map II Plug

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by firerider, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    These two statements are not completely correct. The PC5 can adjust the idle circuit electronically, while not often used, there are advanced timer circuits available for automatic choking. The second butterfly removal does not reduce lean conditions, therefor does not prevent flame outs. In some cases, removing the second butterfly will promote a lean condition and increase flame out conditions, especially during the 0 to 2% throttle section. It does however reduce dead throttle issues which are caused by faulty electrical connections to the servo motor. When operating properly, the electronics do operate fast enough for quick snap throttle operation.

If you do choose to remove your secondary butterfly, I suggest you purchase either a JD tuner or a powercommander 5. The JD unit is cheaper, though there is greater functionality through the PC5.
    underwatersimon likes this.
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

It's splitting hairs, but I meant as delivered & programmed out of the box, the PCV doesn't look after idle.
    Will it actually control a stepper motor? It would be a nice touch if it could, I can only find reference to the spare analogue 0-5v input.

Your butterfly statement is partially correct to.
    The butterfly removal does definitely help with flameouts, one cause of which is as you said the lean factory TPS setting & mapping off idle which can be adjusted or masked with a tuner like the PCV or JD.

Another cause is the second butterfly's delay as in the video above going from closed, to open, to closed & then opened wide again in quick succession.
    The system sees the big increase in primary TPS voltage reading and delivers fuel for a big throttle opening,
    the second butterfly remains at a near-idle setting choking off the air & and a stall is the result.
    I can re-create the exact conditions & make it happen with the butterfly in, and it stops with it out.

Yes, they do need extra fuel added (which is mentioned in the original butterfly post) especially if you have an open pipe on the bike.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The stall is not a flame out. That is two entirely different things.
  4. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Hair-splitting, the engine stops when power is requested.
    In the instance described, the butterfly system is the cause.
  5. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    I received my diode from Hall's, and we'll, it doesn't fit the plug on my bike. I double checked and made sure I ordered the correct part, which I did. Did I miss something? Did the "power up" plug change for the '13 -14 bikes?
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Did you remove the plug cover first? You really don't need it, a simple wire shunt will work.
  7. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    Yes, removed the cap :P I'll take a pic and post it up tnite. I have a wire in it, but I wanted something more permanent, but I guess the wire will be it. It's weird, the part number on my order is correct, but the part is so far off from fitting. Not sure it's even worth shipping back to Hall's, even though the shipping cost 4x the amount of the part -_- Grr
  8. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Post up pics like you said. I'd be interested to see whats going on there.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  9. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    Ok, here are some pics of the part. It definitely does not look like the what I see posted online.

Looks like I might have got the wrong part. I think it should be 8000H5440, no?

Attached Files:

10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Well mine has the wire exposed in a loop, but the plug looks right.
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Wrong plug, that's for an older 450.

Should look like:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. teuchter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX6R track bike
    One of my buddy's got a new 511 and the dealer didn't give him plug so I gave him mine. Seriously, as mentioned above you don't need the plug or even to make a wire shunt. Just cut the connector off, wrap the wires together and crimp or solder then insulate. After warranty, there'll never be a reason to run in map 1 mode again.
    Normann likes this.
  13. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    Yep, wrong plug for sure. Oh well. Not worth it to return it, and the wire shunt seems to work just fine, so I'll just leave it be.

Waiting for my PC V to come from ZipTy. Once that's installed, do I even need this still?
  14. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Yes, you still need to run in Race Map II mode as the ecu runs in 'open loop' fueling instead of 'closed loop' trying to lean out the mixtures.
    Vustadumas likes this.
  15. Normann Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 MY2012
    All right, but if want to update EFI map by HST on your bike without removing, then you need open this circuit again and connect lambda sensor one time.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    You have to remove the plug, but you don't have to have O2 sensor plugged in. I use a switch on my handlebars. It doubles as a hotstart button.
  17. Normann Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 MY2012
    If you switch ECU to "euro3" mode without connected O2/Heater and update ECU software, O2/heater error will not be saved to the ECU? I don't try to update ECU with disconnected O2.
    When you start engine in "euro3" without O2, error will remain in the ECU necessarily, but this error isn't fatal.

Attached Files:

• 222.jpg
      222.jpg
      File size:
      56 KB
      Views:
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I've updated over a thousand ecu's without the O2 attached.